PDA

View Full Version : boat cover for donzi classic 22

bizpoop.com
10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I just bought a 22 classic (shelby) and need a full boat cover. there are several listedon ebay for about $180. Anyone have experience with these?

gcarter
10-10-2010, 02:25 PM
They're probably all fine for covering while parked.
You can't tow w/one though......

Well, you can, but you might be unhappy w/the results.

LKSD
10-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Some cheap covers are fine for a dust cover, otherwise the better the cover the more it will cost. I offer some generic covers & I also make custom covers in house. If you are going to keep the boat outside then a good cover is important an I have yet to see a 200.00 cover really do the trick for much of anything beyond a simple dust cover. Also I would not really recommend pulling with a full cover..

I elaborated on a similar question here in this post.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63455

Carl C
10-11-2010, 07:52 AM
It depends on your needs. I am happy with a $40 K-Mart cover that fits the boat nicely but I only use it occasionally when the boat will be outside overnight.

oledawg
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I have a Sunbrella material cockpit cover ( we won't talk about what that rascal cost to make ) for use in my boathouse during the season and for any towing that I might have to do, but then for winter storage in the same boathouse I have a $180 one from Overton's that comes down over the sides of the boat and straps to the lift. Has poles, etc. Short of storing the boat inside it works just fine.