PDA

View Full Version : Oh I love "previous" owners sometimes.....!

fogducker III
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Don't you love it when a seller tells you, "Yup, boat has been regularly maintained, in fact impeller was just done recently..."

I wondered why she ran a little hot at times, after taking her apart found this in the oil cooler and this is the NEW impeller.....:nilly:

PS. George, I know you like finding bargins, I found this stainless ball valve and solid brass thru-hull, that I will be using for the new cooling system, at a second-hand marine parts shop, $20.....:yes:

gcarter
10-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Don't you love it when a seller tells you, "Yup, boat has been regularly maintained, in fact impeller was just done recently..."

I wondered why she ran a little hot at times, after taking her apart found this in the oil cooler and this is the NEW impeller.....:nilly:

PS. George, I know you like finding bargins, I found this stainless ball valve and solid brass thru-hull, that I will be using for the new cooling system, at a second-hand marine parts shop, $20.....:yes:

Not bad! :-)

Carl C
10-09-2010, 02:28 PM
a second-hand marine parts shop

You just gave me a good business idea

fogducker III
10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
You just gave me a good business idea

There are quite a few of them around here and they seem to do well....nothing high performance but that is not really the market around here.

What did you have in mind Carl...:confused:

Carl C
10-09-2010, 03:02 PM
There are quite a few of them around here and they seem to do well....nothing high performance but that is not really the market around here.

What did you have in mind Carl...:confused:

Well I've already got my thing going here and I don't want to start a full time business at this point in my life but I could see a used boat parts/junk yard business doing well around here.

Or maybe I had too many bites of my avatar sandwich.......

zelatore
10-11-2010, 10:39 AM

tsk, tsk, mixing metals in salt water.....

(OK, I know it's near impossible not to on those things, and it's not like you leave the boat in the water)

VetteLT193
10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
There was a used / bunk bought place where I grew up. They got out of the used / bulk bought stuff though. It was great to find all sorts of odds and end pieces and parts. everything from scrap teak to random gauges to bow pulpits etc.

They actually got out of the odds and ends stuff slowly as the market dried up. with the manufacturers going under, all the stuff has been bought up and there is no new stuff coming in. Even during boom times a manufacturer might have overbought on any given part, then with a new model sold it off in a bulk package... but not anymore that there aren't many boats being built.

HIGH LIFE
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I have 2- brass water intakes off a MAGNUM measure app 3" wide X 7" long X 1" deep bolt on w/4 bolts. "HIGH LIFE"