PDA

View Full Version : Donzi VS Fountain...who would win ??

DonZi 26
10-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Right.....

there has always been a rumour that fountain powerboats are faster than Donzi coz they are way lighter (in flat water though)....Donzi beats the sh*t out of fountain in the rough stuff and believe me i can proove it !!

Ok here's what i got, this summer was my first summer with my donzi 26zx...my buddy has a fountain 27 fever and was also his first summer with it...both boats powered with stock 502 415hp...though mine is a carb my buddies fountain is mpi.

I ran 64mph on gps the fountain ran 58mph on gps, both engines are in good condition he has CMI exhausts on his. @ first i thought it could be his prop...answer is no he is spinning it @ about 5100 rpm and it is a hydromotive 24p 4b the best prop for the 27 fever.

And there's more....he cant keep up with me when it gets a bit rough now im not saying 5-6ft waves more like 3-4ft, and he's a good driver this boat is emberassing him....trust me guys....

so whats the big deal about reggie's boats being the fastest ?? when in my scenario, the donzi is heavier and runs faster....now that's weird.

I'll always stick to donzi...makes me proud

Marlin275
10-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Not only is the beak ugly
it slows the boat down . . .

Planetwarmer
10-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Donzi. I didnt read what you posted, just the title.

Just Say N20
10-07-2010, 06:21 PM
His boat isn't running up to par. I'm no defender of beak boats, but a friend of mine had that same boat and it was a 64 mph boat. Lake Michigan is where he ran and it is around 650 elevation I think.

HOWARD O
10-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Well, I fear Donzi and Fountain will be doing a lot of running together before too long. :cool:

Ghost
10-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Right.....

there has always been a rumour that fountain powerboats are faster than Donzi coz they are way lighter (in flat water though)....Donzi beats the sh*t out of fountain in the rough stuff and believe me i can proove it !!

Ok here's what i got, this summer was my first summer with my donzi 26zx...my buddy has a fountain 27 fever and was also his first summer with it...both boats powered with stock 502 415hp...though mine is a carb my buddies fountain is mpi.

I ran 64mph on gps the fountain ran 58mph on gps, both engines are in good condition he has CMI exhausts on his. @ first i thought it could be his prop...answer is no he is spinning it @ about 5100 rpm and it is a hydromotive 24p 4b the best prop for the 27 fever.

And there's more....he cant keep up with me when it gets a bit rough now im not saying 5-6ft waves more like 3-4ft, and he's a good driver this boat is emberassing him....trust me guys....

so whats the big deal about reggie's boats being the fastest ?? when in my scenario, the donzi is heavier and runs faster....now that's weird.

I'll always stick to donzi...makes me proud

1. Does he have a windlass?
2. Is it fully in the 'up' position?

The Hedgehog
10-07-2010, 08:19 PM
His boat is not running right or he can't drive it. He should be a little faster in the glass and you should be a little faster in the rough.

I pass most 27 Fevers like they are tied to the dock regardless of conditions. I have a friend with a 29 Fountain that is faster than mine. He is pumping 1,500hp thought. Both of our boat can get scary over 90-95 so we will probably never race. We have fun running together though.

I did a lot of homework before I did my 26ZX project. Bang for the boat it was my best option

glashole
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
ask Dr Dan

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 12:14 PM
that's what i thought @ first that he wasnt driving it right.....but i rode with him....it starts to pick up speed pretty nicely as the rpm increase as it reaches 5000-5100 speed stops at 58mph....dont really know what the problem could be. The prop is the stock one, so you cant blame that and the engine is in good condition.....oh and btw it weighs about a 1000lbs less than the donzi 26zx....Try and explain this to MR. REGGIE FOUNTAIN claiming that his boats are the fastest in every category!!!

roadtrip se
10-08-2010, 12:42 PM
and while it is very easy, and very common, to trash talk Reggie's products, here are the facts:

1) The 502MPI stepped 27 runs 67-70 bone stock from the factory, not 58.

2) My stepped 27 boat had a carbed 500 with Gil headers. It ran 74-76 in Texas heat.

There is no way my 500 boat was 18 miles per hour faster than your buddy's 502 boat. Them's the facts.

Trash talk Fountain all you want, but why don't you take that lost energy and help your friend find the lost speed? And oh, BTW, it may not be the case now, but all of my late-90's vintage Fountains were football fields ahead of the Donzi build quality at that time.

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Oh really is that so.... so since you're a veteran about them fountains why dont you try and identify the problem...NO coz there's no problem ! you think that we didnt work on that ? but theres nothing that one can do those are the facts...i think the 75-76 you get are surely not on gps....how much are we gonna take off ?? maybe 6miles...thats reasonable....and there's more maybe this is only one case... however power to weight ratio DONZI is by far a better....as Donzi say...''we make heavy boats go fast'' so if fountain had to reach the same speed as my the donzi, the honour would go to Donzi as it is 1000lbs heavier....so there you go bud, its like the 27 fever is running just with the driver and im running with 10 chick on my boat, but hey we're running head to head....now that's emberassing!!!

Are we done yet ? no wait there's more, in rough water donzi's pass by fountains riding like a dream unlike the fountains they're struggling to keep the water off the deck and trying to keep steady but they cant !!

Don aronow's boats are what they call HEAVY STUFF like the legend itself The CIG

Barry Eller
10-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Time for popcorn and a cold beer!!!:popcorn::yes::toiletpap

VetteLT193
10-08-2010, 01:20 PM
what year is the Fountain, what year is your boat?

roadtrip se
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh really is that so.... so since you're a veteran about them fountains why dont you try and identify the problem...NO coz there's no problem ! you think that we didnt work on that ? but theres nothing that one can do those are the facts...i think the 75-76 you get are surely not on gps....how much are we gonna take off ?? maybe 6miles...thats reasonable....and there's more maybe this is only one case... however power to weight ratio DONZI is by far a better....as Donzi say...''we make heavy boats go fast'' so if fountain had to reach the same speed as my the donzi, the honour would go to Donzi as it is 1000lbs heavier....so there you go bud, its like the 27 fever is running just with the driver and im running with 10 chick on my boat, but hey we're running head to head....now that's emberassing!!!
Are we done yet ? no wait there's more, in rough water donzi's pass by fountains riding like a dream unlike the fountains they're struggling to keep the water off the deck and trying to keep steady but they cant !!
Don aronow's boats are what they call HEAVY STUFF like the legend itself The CIG

As a great leader once said, "There you go again!"

Let's start with your last comment and set the record straight and quickly, a Donzi is no Cigarette. And my speeds posted were GPS verified. I owned the boat, I know. Take it or leave it, the facts are what they are.

I have also spent a significant amount of time in the ZX boats. They run pretty dam good. So this isn't about slamming one or the other make of boat. I had a good experience in the Fountains, but I own a Donzi now, and have for a decade.

If you are sincere about trying to help your buddy, as opposed to slamming his make of boat on the WWW, here are a few places to start:

1) The bottom. Check the last three to four feet with a straight edge for a hook.
2) The skeg. Is it straight and is the drive straight in the assembly?
3) The prop. Send it to a shop for a check-up.
4) The engine. When was the last time the ECM was scanned? When was the last time it had a leak down done? Check the plugs and wires. Check the distributor. Run some injector cleaner through it. And check the TPS sensor, the 502's are notorious for this problem.

Nice place to start.

Your buddy's 502 boat is not a 58 mile per hour boat, so give the rhetoric a rest, please.

roadtrip se
10-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Time for popcorn and a cold beer!!!:popcorn::yes::toiletpap

Sure is. TGIF.

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey im not trying to argue here after all this is all about having fun!!

But hey you're intellegent im being true not sarcastic...coz the stuff that you told me to check all make sense, so 10pnts for that.

Im afraid we checked most of the things that you mentioned, new distributor installed, twice new injectors, checked the ecm everything was fine, only thing that came out was that the fuel pump was faulty and as a matter of fact the engine used to hunt @ idle rpm but that was easily fixed. Prop was not the issue as we tried an identical prop being brand new and no extra mph.

Now im not trying to slam my buddies boat, he mocks it himself so i dont feel that im disrespectful to him at all...but its just about picking up subject of comparing two major manufacturers...after all we need to talk about something.....

im not saying that fountain is a trashy make im just saying that imo donzi is by far better, now some may agree some dont....its fine we all have freedom of choice and there's no harm in having some fun in debating a little....after all we're all human!!

but hey one curious question what donzi model do you have if i may ask ?

and what made you go for donzi after fountain ?

fogducker III
10-08-2010, 01:49 PM
As a great leader once said, "There you go again!"

Let's start with your last comment and set the record straight and quickly, a Donzi is no Cigarette. And my speeds posted were GPS verified. I owned the boat, I know. Take it or leave it, the facts are what they are.

I have also spent a significant amount of time in the ZX boats. They run pretty dam good. So this isn't about slamming one or the other make of boat. I had a good experience in the Fountains, but I own a Donzi now, and have for a decade.

If you are sincere about trying to help your buddy, as opposed to slamming his make of boat on the WWW, here are a few places to start:

1) The bottom. Check the last three to four feet with a straight edge for a hook.
2) The skeg. Is it straight and is the drive straight in the assembly?
3) The prop. Send it to a shop for a check-up.
4) The engine. When was the last time the ECM was scanned? When was the last time it had a leak down done? Check the plugs and wires. Check the distributor. Run some injector cleaner through it. And check the TPS sensor, the 502's are notorious for this problem.

Nice place to start.

Your buddy's 502 boat is not a 58 mile per hour boat, so give the rhetoric a rest, please.

VERY sound info and observations.....another possible problem could be the IAC...I just went through that issue with my 454 Mag.....:wink:

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey im not trying to argue here after all this is all about having fun!!

But hey you're intellegent im being true not sarcastic...coz the stuff that you told me to check all make sense, so 10pnts for that.

Im afraid we checked most of the things that you mentioned, new distributor installed, twice new injectors, checked the ecm everything was fine, only thing that came out was that the fuel pump was faulty and as a matter of fact the engine used to hunt @ idle rpm but that was easily fixed. Prop was not the issue as we tried an identical prop being brand new and no extra mph.

Now im not trying to slam my buddies boat, he mocks it himself so i dont feel that im disrespectful to him at all...but its just about picking up subject of comparing two major manufacturers...after all we need to talk about something.....

im not saying that fountain is a trashy make im just saying that imo donzi is by far better, now some may agree some dont....its fine we all have freedom of choice and there's no harm in having some fun in debating a little....after all we're all human!!

but hey one curious question what donzi model do you have if i may ask ?

and what made you go for donzi after fountain ?

cherry82482
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
I have a 2004 27 FT Fountain Fever: specs and facts listed below

Engine: 496 HO stock, 425 HP
Drive: Bravo 1 X drive, 1.65 Ratio
Prop: stainless steal, 28 pitch
RPM Max: 5,100
Drive position: 4.5 to 5 on drive indicator depth located dash
Hand Held GPS Max: 68 MPH on light chop, 1/2 tank of gas, 2 people,

Donzi's and Fountain's are both great boats. I personally have owned both brands. I'm just lucky to have experienced two great quality boats. Life could be worse, I could be in a 1988 bayliner 16 ft open bow with an 85 force outboard. :wink:

fogducker III
10-08-2010, 01:53 PM
only thing that came out was that the fuel pump was faulty and as a matter of fact the engine used to hunt @ idle rpm

Tell him to replace the IAC......or at least check it......

Marlin275
10-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I had a good experience in the Fountains, but I own a Donzi now, and have for a decade.

You sound VERY pro-Fountain . . .
why did you go Donzi?

VetteLT193
10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
I'll ask again... what year is the Fountain? and what year is your boat?

The 27 has been around since the late 80's and there is (obviously) more than one hull design.

If it is a newer boat with a stepped bottom, something is wrong.

If it is one of the older boats, it is probably fine considering they were designed for twin engines.

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 01:59 PM
fogdukker........

that's a gd idea....will be working on it nxt wk.....hopefully it will get him some extra mph...honestly i can appreciate the fact that the boat should run faster than just 58mph its just so frustrating to have checked alot of things hoping to have solved the prob and get some more and there we go again same speed....so ultimately we just had to admit that the boat cant do any better.....

Our question was, but why other 27 fevers run faster than this one ??

weird but i really dont know

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 02:02 PM
im sorry vette i missed ur post, his is a 98 fountain stepped bottom mine is a 99....

marlin275 i asked the same question and am very anxious to get the answer....

so lets just wait

cherry82482
10-08-2010, 02:02 PM
I had a 2001 16 ft classic, with 305. I loved the boat but not practical for lake st. clair. (1# Limited space on board for a day and over night trips. 2# Not good in for 3 ft plus waves) Upgraded to a 27 ft fountain due to performance and cabin space. I needed room it for traveling down to put n bay.

glashole
10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Life could be worse, I could be in a 1988 bayliner 16 ft open bow with an 85 force outboard. :wink:

now why do you have to give me a hard time
the force outboards are a very sound and reliable motor and my bayliner will match the quality of any of the boats mentioned in this thread

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 02:06 PM
now why do you have to give me a hard time
the force outboards are a very sound and reliable motor and my bayliner will match the quality of any of the boats mentioned in this thread

take it easy bud....we know that force are not mercury but they'll get there one day, you'll see....

VetteLT193
10-08-2010, 02:09 PM
im sorry vette i missed ur post, his is a 98 fountain stepped bottom mine is a 99....

marlin275 i asked the same question and am very anxious to get the answer....

so lets just wait

I have to guess he bought the boat used. Check the upper gear ratio. Prior owner might have blown the drive and bought a fast or cheap replacement that is 1.65 instead of 1.5 ratio. Mathematically, that puts you at better acceleration and lower top end... and it roughly equates to the numbers listed.

dsparis
10-08-2010, 02:17 PM
What does an iac do at 5000 rpm ?

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Vette....

your obs are fair....however the fountains hole shot is horrible he has to put the tabs down to get it on plain.... his cruising speed is identical to mine 3200rpm is 39mph 3400rpm is about 42mph....so i dont know if this could eliminate the drive prob....but something must be wrong as it is not the actual speed for the boat...

VetteLT193
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Vette....

your obs are fair....however the fountains hole shot is horrible he has to put the tabs down to get it on plain.... his cruising speed is identical to mine 3200rpm is 39mph 3400rpm is about 42mph....so i dont know if this could eliminate the drive prob....but something must be wrong as it is not the actual speed for the boat...

The reduction in drive could make planing worse because of too much torque.

Cruising speed could be difference in props. You running a 3 blade M+ by chance? The 4 blade Hydro will cruise more efficiently.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark guess on this one, it only takes a few minutes to check, and the fix would be to add 2" of prop. I think the rev limiter on that engine is right around where is at for top RPM, so my theory is he's sitting on the limiter and not maxing out his performance. 2" of prop more would normally drop the RPM, but only if it is truly maxed out and not sitting on a limiter.

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 02:33 PM
The reduction in drive could make planing worse because of too much torque.

Cruising speed could be difference in props. You running a 3 blade M+ by chance? The 4 blade Hydro will cruise more efficiently.

I'm just taking a shot in the dark guess on this one, it only takes a few minutes to check, and the fix would be to add 2" of prop. I think the rev limiter on that engine is right around where is at for top RPM, so my theory is he's sitting on the limiter and not maxing out his performance. 2" of prop more would normally drop the RPM, but only if it is truly maxed out and not sitting on a limiter.

the prop is a hydromotive quad4 24p and we were told by the factory that this is the stock prop.

BUIZILLA
10-08-2010, 02:39 PM
swap GPS units between boats.. :popcorn:

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
he's got livorsi gps like mine.....we've also tried 2 garmin hand held gps.....all match up

VetteLT193
10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
the prop is a hydromotive quad4 24p and we were told by the factory that this is the stock prop.

I know that is what is on the fountain, but what is on your boat. The numbers vary pretty good cruising. They make sense using either a 1.5 or 1.65 drive ratio depending on the hull, etc. and mainly prop. So, if your boat has a Mirage Plus it would make total sense, as in my experience, the M+ is a much slower cruising prop than the Q4 hydro. Regardless the hulls are different and will cruise different.

Let us know if he checks the drive. I'm curious. Or, if he just puts a bigger prop on and sees what it does.

DonZi 26
10-08-2010, 03:08 PM
im running a stock bravo 1 24p prop.....spinning it @ 4900rpm.

first thing next wk is im gonna tell my buddy and we'd check the gears in the drive and verify exactly what they are with our mechanic to be sure.

fogducker III
10-08-2010, 03:35 PM
What does an iac do at 5000 rpm ?

If it is stuck open or closed I imagine it screws up the correct flow through the throttle body......:confused:

roadtrip se
10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
You sound VERY pro-Fountain . . .
why did you go Donzi?

I am not pro-Fountain, I am pro-performance boating. An example would be AOTH over the past few years. It has transformed more into a small performance boat rally. Still a lot of Donzi's, and the majority are Classics and ZXs, but we get some pretty cool Cigs, too. I like that. If somebody showed wanting to run a small Fountain, I wouldn't object.

I own a 22 Classic that I am in the process of re-tuning for the second time in ten years. It still looks like it did when I got it, but there are more than just a few changes, where it matters, a multitude, actually. This boat is a complete challenge, much more than the twin super-charged Fountain I had, and I really, really like it.

But boats aside, I just like the people in the Donzi community better.

Now, I need a beer, hold the popcorn.

Carl C
10-08-2010, 08:53 PM
My first ride in an off-shore boat was around 1990 when my boss took me out in his original 33' Fountain Executioner. He ran it up to an indicated 70 mph on the Detroit River. I'll never forget it. Back then Fountain was the best and my dream boat was a 42 footer. It's sad to see what Fountain has been reduced to, at least image wise. And that 27 should run better.

mrfixxall
10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
is he running a left handed prop?? also i think he don't know how to drive the boat or theirs issues with the engine..is he dragging the tabs??

DonZi 26
10-09-2010, 07:50 AM
No its a right hand.

mrfixxall
10-09-2010, 08:47 AM
No its a right hand.
i thought the fountain 27 ran a lefty prop?

DonZi 26
10-09-2010, 09:17 AM
If the 27fever runs better with a left hand, i'll certainly try that out....but i thought that either or they're the same

mrfixxall
10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
If the 27fever runs better with a left hand, i'll certainly try that out....but i thought that either or they're the same

i remember years ago reading from reggie that the 27' fountain were a bit faster with a left rotation prop on them..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/2000_fountain_27_fever_mercury_500_efi_we_take_all _trades_boats_cars_etc-o36392-en.html

199828zx
10-15-2010, 01:20 PM
the fountains are fast boats and i agree on something wrong with the fever.im a donzi guy but i run with those chine walking 27 fountains and they are fast.just not fast enough lol.i would say engine is tired or he is not triming it right.secondly you can get more spead out of a 4 blade bravo left hand than a hydro q4.
His boat is not running right or he can't drive it. He should be a little faster in the glass and you should be a little faster in the rough.

I pass most 27 Fevers like they are tied to the dock regardless of conditions. I have a friend with a 29 Fountain that is faster than mine. He is pumping 1,500hp thought. Both of our boat can get scary over 90-95 so we will probably never race. We have fun running together though.

I did a lot of homework before I did my 26ZX project. Bang for the boat it was my best option

joseph m. hahnl
10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
This is a Donzi site! We own Donzis. So the obvious answer would be Donzi Better Faster:yes:

So Here's my 2 cents. A Bayliner with a force will get you on the water and that is all that really matters:wink:

2nd. I agree with Vette . If the boat is turning 5100 RPM there is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine. A bad motor of any sort would never be able to turn that type of Rpm. Although some rocket science applies here "it isn't Rocket Science" It is simple Ratio and slip. So either the prop is slipping like its on a greased road or the Ratio has been changed.

So my question would be. Is it dogging on plane or slipping on plane?

Test:Give it full throttle right out of the box on take off. Did it power shot the prop?
Test:Tuck the drive in a little from where he normally drives . Did the prop grab?

On a further note there could be something tickling the prop causing it to cavitate.

FISHIN SUCKS
10-16-2010, 04:31 PM
I like that gear ratio thot, could be somethin to it. Sounds like the motor's runnin properly cause he's hittin the RPM's. Bob Leach at Eliminator Boats told me this spring that the reason he had a small selection of LH props (I bought a mirage plus from him this spring) was because a lot of the single engine Fountain guys were buying them for better performance. So, there must be some truth to that, but not required in order to run in the mid to upper 60's on stock power.

Here's one other thot, did you by any chance watch him launch his boat? Sounds to me like he detached the trailer from the bumper as opposed to detaching the boat from the trailer:wink:!

sorry, couldnt resist, i'm a smartazz.

DonZi 26
10-16-2010, 05:00 PM
haha thats a good one....im still trying to find a L/H....we had tried my bravo1 24p this summer but it was more or less the same...

mrfixxall
10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
haha thats a good one....im still trying to find a L/H....we had tried my bravo1 24p this summer but it was more or less the same...

i have thease! :)

15 1/5 x 22 or 24(24 needs repair)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62423&highlight=hydromotive

Planetwarmer
10-16-2010, 10:14 PM
2nd. I agree with Vette . If the boat is turning 5100 RPM there is absolutely nothing wrong with the engine. A bad motor of any sort would never be able to turn that type of Rpm.

A turbine could.:kingme:

smokediver
10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I haven't been on here in a while in part because of threads like these . I have a 2004 27 fever . 496 ho . 70 gps all day with a stock 28 bravo1 lefty 1.65 gears . I loved my classic donzi's but needed something a little bigger . the 27 comes stock with latham steering , electric seats , kplanes among other items . I paid 34 grand for it and another 3 grand for the trailer . 165 hours . I can't complain at all about it other than the 60 gal. fuel tank and the fuel gauge is never right ! I wouldnt think about going out in 5-6 seas in a 27 foot boat . real 5-6 foot seas not the 2 foot seas people think are 5-6 , lol. So does 58 seem a little slow ? You bet . Is fountain build quality good for a production boat ? I think so . just my 2 cents ..

blackboat
10-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Donzi vrs Fountain...... Who would win?

The Sutphen!:wink:

Planetwarmer
10-18-2010, 06:57 PM
I haven't been on here in a while in part because of threads like these.

You will find threads like these on every forum. You cant take offense to them, its just silly conversation. Obviously it is a totally subjective question, and everyone on here knows the responses will lean towards the Donzis on this site. Fountains are great boats. This is common knowledge. Notice the question wasn't "which is better, a Donzi or a Tahoe".

Have fun with these threads, and sometimes you even find hidden knowledge in these posts. This question is directed at a Fountain owner and wanting your (a fountain owner) insight on the matter.

Ghost
10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Prison rules?

VetteLT193
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I haven't been on here in a while in part because of threads like these . I have a 2004 27 fever . 496 ho . 70 gps all day with a stock 28 bravo1 lefty 1.65 gears . I loved my classic donzi's but needed something a little bigger . the 27 comes stock with latham steering , electric seats , kplanes among other items . I paid 34 grand for it and another 3 grand for the trailer . 165 hours . I can't complain at all about it other than the 60 gal. fuel tank and the fuel gauge is never right ! I wouldnt think about going out in 5-6 seas in a 27 foot boat . real 5-6 foot seas not the 2 foot seas people think are 5-6 , lol. So does 58 seem a little slow ? You bet . Is fountain build quality good for a production boat ? I think so . just my 2 cents ..

Don't get miffed... I looked at Fountain when I bought my 28. they didn't have exactly what I needed but would certainly own one. Like you said, the equipment is stellar and standard. The hulls are technology driven, by Fountain (not knocked off), and are bleeding edge technology.

If you compare boats to cars, Fountain reminds me of Corvette. Top notch running gear, faster, and cheaper than the other guys. You hear people trying to laugh them off and complain about a cheap interior (big whoop). Most of the whiners got smoked by one and are pissed a cheaper product could pass them so they complain about stupid details. Donzi is more like a Porsche. A bit more tried and true. More expensive. nicer interior with a better look. Some of the standard stuff on a fountain (hydro steering?) will be optional to hit you up for a few more bucks. The two in the end are competitive, and both suit the job very well. Donzi still has the classic, which is like a 911... everyone knows it, and with it comes a Marque that stirs emotion and memories like no other.

Regardless I won't be one of the guys to snub my nose at you at the dock. I may even joke with a Baja guy... haha, it's a Baja! but in the end that guy either spent less or got a bigger boat so it is only a joke... we each have a budget and boat in mind. it's all good, all for fun, all for a day on the water. To each his own :wink:

smokediver
10-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Not miffed at all about the content . I get how the forum works and had a lot of help from a lot of people who are no longer here . What doesn't help are threads started by people who really are clueless . just my 2 cents . peace ..

joseph m. hahnl
10-20-2010, 05:00 PM
This is where it truly is decided who's faster:wink: http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/images/Header9.jpg

joseph m. hahnl
10-20-2010, 05:32 PM
In this series Donzi is a featured boat in the Blade Run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9SxAKjsP4&p=6E103B194EEEA0DF&index=1&playnext=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQEUBLwL74&p=6E103B194EEEA0DF&index=7&playnext=3

Gives me Goose Bumps:kingme:

DonZi 26
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
So see if you could answer this guys....

Powerboat P1 2010.....supersport class, Donzi 38zr main sponsor BAIA ATTOLINI powered by twin stock 525 merc racing......Fountain 42 lightning powered by twin 600sci........

Both boats finished most or all of the races in the championship....

The Donzi sealed and won the championship before it ended.....and left the fountain way behind.....

WHY??

FISHIN SUCKS
10-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Cause Donzi's kick A$$$$$$$:yes::yes::yes:!!!!!!!! The team owner picked the right boat to get the job done.........to win the championship:pimp:!!!!!! Hats off to the crew that helped make it possible:kingme:.

While this is not the first time Donzi has won a championship, Donzi is also competing with other noted champions such as Cigarette and Fountain and a small handful of others. All in all, we can feel good to be a part of this circle of cool boats:shades:.

Donzi_Dude
10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
i wonder about the title of this tread. to me it sounds like your mind was made up before you posted.

the boat cant be running a 1.5 drive and truely doing 58MPH.

i would rather the 502 run @5K instead of 5100 on the limiter.

like was stated that boat runs 70 all day long and yes a fountain 27' is faster than 26zx with the same power and proper set-up.

TBroccoli
10-27-2010, 11:54 AM
What doesn't help are threads started by people who really are clueless . just my 2 cents . peace ..

I thought the clueless people starting threads with a question is how they became less clueless???:confused:

Your response makes me feel you are a bit bitter that a few of your buddies no longer visit the site. just my $0.03.

smokediver
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought the clueless people starting threads with a question is how they became less clueless???:confused:
Your response makes me feel you are a bit bitter that a few of your buddies no longer visit the site. just my $0.03.
LOL , I have a few friends here and I am not bitter at all but thanks for the free analysis ! My other buddies are on another site :wink:
If you read the thread from the beginning it might make sense as to where I am coming from . :yes:

joseph m. hahnl
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a 2004 27 FT Fountain Fever: specs and facts listed below

Engine: 496 HO stock, 425 HP
Drive: Bravo 1 X drive, 1.65 Ratio
Prop: stainless steal, 28 pitch
RPM Max: 5,100
Drive position: 4.5 to 5 on drive indicator depth located dash
Hand Held GPS Max: 68 MPH on light chop, 1/2 tank of gas, 2 people,

Donzi's and Fountain's are both great boats. I personally have owned both brands. I'm just lucky to have experienced two great quality boats. Life could be worse, I could be in a 1988 bayliner 16 ft open bow with an 85 force outboard. :wink:

There it is :boggled: If the Fountain in question has the 1.65 Ratio. The ZX with 1.5 Ratio will walk a way:kingme:

Cherry: AHH! HAH! So your using a stolen stainless prop:wink:

Planetwarmer
11-01-2010, 08:50 PM
$0.03.

Inflation? Geez! Everything has gone up in price!