PDA

View Full Version : Boat Price for a 1996

Poky
10-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I am working with a guy to buy his 22c he is asking 23,500 it is in good shape execpt the bottom has scraps from the trailer and a few spots of gel coat is missing. The motor and drive are in great shape, also has a steel trailer.

Is 23,500 to much for this boat in today's market? The guy will not move on price as he does not need to sell it. I offered him 20 and he laughed at me.:confused:

zelatore
10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
We'll need more info, such as engine and drive, hours, single or double axle, fresh or salt water, options and extras, etc...

A few pics wouldn't hurt either.

Poky
10-07-2010, 01:44 PM
454 mag, brovo drive, 212 hours on motor, double axle trailer, he says fresh water. One other thing some one took out the side plastic/glass windows, it only has the windshield. it only has a depth gage on it from what I could tell. Seats where is good shape the carpet showed wear but that is easy to replace.

I am thinking he is about 3 to 4 thousand over what it shoud be. And when I went to two loan places one bank the other a boat loan place they told me the most they could give me was 15 for the boat and the only reason they were giving that much was becasue I had 800 credit score.

Hope that helps, I will try and get some pics uploaded.

Tidbart
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
IMO. Way overpriced. He might have gotten that price 4-5 years ago.

There are a couple of good-looking 22s in this section. One small block and one big block in a much lower price range. May be worth looking into.

I would tell this guy no thanks for now. If he doesn't need to sell it, chances are it isn't going anywhere.

Keep in mind, I haven't seen the boat/trailer nor have I seen any photos. These are just some of my thoughts.

B

Poky
10-07-2010, 02:16 PM
The trailer is a eagle trailer. Like I said I will try and get some pics.

So what price is a fair price for the boat 18, 19, or 20.

Also I IM the small block one, can you email the big block one I can't see to find it. I am trying to look at work)

Tidbart
10-07-2010, 02:20 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61406

Greg K's boat.

Tidbart
10-07-2010, 02:25 PM
The trailer is a eagle trailer. Like I said I will try and get some pics.

So what price is a fair price for the boat 18, 19, or 20.

Also I IM the small block one, can you email the big block one I can't see to find it. I am trying to look at work)

Tough to get real specific without the seeing the boat, riding in it, and surveying it. Does he have all the maintenance receipts/history?

If the trailer is from 96, it isn't worth much. Steel can rot from the inside out.

Email sent on Greg K's boat.

B

Poky
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM
No records as he did most of it him self, he is a motor nut The only records are from a tune up from 2009. The trailer is from 1996, it sits on a covered lift for the summer and inside for the winter. Their is no fading in the gel coat and no cracks in the cockpit. He will not let us test drive it until we have a check as it is winterized.

http://cdn-2.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/jerrysmajestic/vp1838481_2_large.jpg

VetteLT193
10-07-2010, 02:59 PM
That is a rare blue. Tidbart's boat is that color too (with blue hull sides). Normally when you see a Blue 22 it is much darker. This blue is very very cool looking.

BUIZILLA
10-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I think the white/red 502 boat in NH went for close to this guys asking price.. I wanna say it went for 21-22?? and the 502/415 is MUCH more desirable, but there's nothing wrong with a 68 mph 454/385hp either.. I think the color is Lions Blue...

zelatore
10-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Very sharp color scheme - I like it. It sounds like a good but not outstanding boat. Steel trailers are fine, but given it's age I'd want to have a good look at it. If the trailer was sitting unused (and inside) most of the summers then it might have 10 more years. If it was left to sit outside in the elements it might look good from 50' but have all sorts of rust problmes on the inside. Tought to say.

I hate to put a number on a boat I've neve seen, but I have to agree with the others here that he's probalby too high for today's market. I'd say around 4K.

GregK's boat is definatly worth a look. Heck, when he was thinking about selling it a few years ago I was about ready to make him an offer until he decided to keep it. Naturally this led me to spend even more money on the 22 I did eventually buy...:kingme:

tmh
10-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Consider sitting back and waiting. If you have a budget of low $20k there will be another one as nice or nicer. I still remember the yellow 2004 that was selling for $24k last year. To confuse matters, if I was smitten with a boat a difference of $2k could be rationalised quickly.

TBroccoli
10-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Tell the seller to replace the wndshield and buy the boat. My opinion: The owner is an "engine nut", so he took good care of it. The boat was kept in fresh water and indoors during the winter, so he took good care of it. The trailer was only used to bring it back and forth from winter storage, so he took care of it ( well that ones a stretch). So it got minimal wear! Its a beautiful boat with minimal wear and low hrs. Buy it.

fasttrucker
10-10-2010, 08:00 AM
I am working with a guy to buy his 22c he is asking 23,500 it is in good shape execpt the bottom has scraps from the trailer and a few spots of gel coat is missing. The motor and drive are in great shape, also has a steel trailer.

Is 23,500 to much for this boat in today's market? The guy will not move on price as he does not need to sell it. I offered him 20 and he laughed at me.:confused:
I dont know why he would laugh at 20 g,s......sounds like he doesnt want to sell.I would wait till spring and reoffer him 20 g,s its not going to sell before then.