PDA

View Full Version : Pantera 24!

forabeer
10-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Hello guys,

I have been a lurker on this site for years.
Finally!! Found a boat after a lengthy search. This one is in pretty good shape for a 79. Motor is brand new. A fair price considering its loaded with some nice stuff. Built motor, Dana 1000 Tabs, Full Hydraulic steering, Bravo drive.

Here is a pic from the Toys For Tots Run on Lake Norman last Saturday.
This is the 24 that was on OffShoreOnly.com. I switched to newer style logos.

Now I just have to keep the breaking of parts to a minimum!!!!

The Hedgehog
10-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Great looking boat!

How does she run?

forabeer
10-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Great looking boat!

How does she run?

Thanks!

The boat runs great, sounds awesome, and will be too much fun on the busy Lake Norman weekends.
Motor is strong, 454, 60 Over, Stroked, Team G High Rise Intake, Aluminum Heads, roller cam, H-Beam Rods, SRP Pistons, 850 Double Pump.
All that motor with Stock Mercruiser Exhaust!
Would hate to hear this thing with aftermarket risers. Wow.
Here is what it sounds like now at idle . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vr4k7TIevk

The tabs are too long in my opinion (30") but I am leaving them as is.
Saturday we ran 70-71 @ 5100 rpm. Thats with 27P quicksilver 3 blade, 540lb of passengers and 300 lbs of fuel. (57 gallon tank and I topped it off)
Who knows what the top end will be but guessing 76 or 77???

oledawg
10-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Great looking and sounding boat......BTW IMHO if you are turning 5100 RPM with that setup it sounds like it is already dialed in pretty well....:nilly:

forabeer
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Great looking and sounding boat......BTW IMHO if you are turning 5100 RPM with that setup it sounds like it is already dialed in pretty well....:nilly:

I hope so! The fellow I bought it from did a nice job.

By the way, I'm the guy that met you in Mooresville and sold you the Cleaver prop!

oledawg
10-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Cool.....it was a nice prop ( labbed 23P ) and I ran it for a while, but now I am going to try a labbed 25P Mirage Plus to try to dial in a little better on my 22C. The 23P got me more rpm, but tended to not have quite as much stability. If you look in the video section I have 2 videos of my boat running your prop. It was a good prop and I needed to try it in order to figure out where to go next. Thanks again for the decals that you included with the prop! Again, that is a really nice boat and I am sure that you will enjoy it. :cool:

Fast Shafts 1
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Great looking boat! You seem to be over-propped. Based on the #'s, you've got about 18.5% slip-alot of slip! If you dropped down to a 25 pitch 4 blade, you would reduce the slip to 11% (at the same RPM's) which would be normal. This would also give you better all around performance. Best of luck with it!

Try this site for fun:
www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm (http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm)

forabeer
10-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Great looking boat! You seem to be over-propped. Based on the #'s, you've got about 18.5% slip-alot of slip! If you dropped down to a 25 pitch 4 blade, you would reduce the slip to 11% (at the same RPM's) which would be normal. This would also give you better all around performance. Best of luck with it!

Try this site for fun:
www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm (http://www.rbbi.com/folders/prop/propcalc.htm)

Cool & interesting link! Thanks.

I was loaded down with fuel. I would like to experiment more when I have less weight in the boat.
I tried to get the owner to throw in an extra prop but no luck.
Thanks again.

oledawg
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
70ish is not bad with that engine setup, it is almost identical to my 22C, except that I do have thru hull 4" straight exhaust. Routine for me is about 68 gps at 4800 rpm. I am going to see if that 25P Mirage Plus will get me to 70. I think that your boat is alot heavier than mine also. Before buying anything else you might just want to get more seat time and determine exactly where the optimal trim is....took me a while to figure that one out. The current 27P Mirage is solid as a rock at WOT, boat is VERY stable. Will let you know how the 25P works out...

rchevelle71
10-08-2010, 11:55 AM
VERY Nice Ride:shades: