PDA

View Full Version : Hudson River Classics

Marlin275
10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
This is the third time in three weeks that I have run in to Greg Guimond on the Hudson.

First time I had seen a Donzi Classic on the Hudson in 9 years.

Greg switches boats every week but yesterday he launched the Sweet 16 into orbit!

My wife said, "that's the way a Donzi should be driven!".

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59044&d=1286126959

Dakari
10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome pics, Marlin! Greg's boat looks MEAN with that big Merc hanging off the back!

Greg Guimond
10-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks Marlin, it was good to run into you and your wife again seeing as the River was boiling a bit. Great shots of "The Mule" giving the swells the business, thanks for taking them. There were a LOT of large craft out there throughout the day. I followed this monster in the pic below for a bit, but there were no markings on the side. I thought it might be a Magnum at first. The first shot was "current" and then I fiddled with my crayons to take out the enclosed bimini in the second pic. Chad please forgive my cell phone pictures. It looked to be about 45' and sent up a nice aft roller, but not as deceiving as the Westport 65 Cruiser coming down the East River at full tilt ......... now that surprised The Mule :eek:

Anyway great day of boating, I logged over 200 miles. Marlin and I both hope there are a few more left this year!

HIGH LIFE
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Greg, your transom is sure sitting pretty low ! How heavy is the 225 ? I've got a 200 Mariner on mine and it sits alot higher. Do you intend to attend the Conn. RIVER RUN ? "HIGH LIFE"

mike o
10-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Greg, your transom is sure sitting pretty low ! How heavy is the 225 ? I've got a 200 Mariner on mine and it sits alot higher. Do you intend to attend the Conn. RIVER RUN ? "HIGH LIFE"I want 2 if its a decent day weather wise. So, lets keep in touch. I'm not sure where the best place to put in is, for this run on The Conn river. Ill be coming down from NH

maddad
10-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Greg, that 16 looks nice. Did I see that boat on L.I. a few weeks ago?

HIGH LIFE
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
mike o, I've never been but Old Saybrook ramp I was told. More info-- N.E. section on OSO. I'll call my friend he just bought a 24 Carrera O/B, for details. My cell is 781-844-8082 Michael "HIGH LIFE"

mike o
10-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Im hooked with Cliff and Brendon, they have . So there will be 3-4 Donzi so far. Anybody else, Should be a hoot, 150+ boats, crazy outboards and off shore stuff with nice weather.:crossfing:

Greg Guimond
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
No I was not out on LI although I could have been in LI Sound as I will sometimes run the East River. On the transom height, The Mule has a 32 gallon aluminum fuel tank that sits 13" forward of the transom as shown in the picture below so when full of fuel the transom lip is 1" above the water at rest. Also, on this particular set-up I am running an Offshore clamp with in boat pump and a 5" power lift as well as Battery in the back of the boat. The second pic below is running at 35mph. No time to get up to the CT River run this year, but looks like fun.

jonzis donzi
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM
How fast is that 16 with the 225 outboard?

Greg Guimond
10-08-2010, 09:54 AM
So far ...........

DonziJon
10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
mike o, I've never been but Old Saybrook ramp I was told. More info-- N.E. section on OSO. I'll call my friend he just bought a 24 Carrera O/B, for details. My cell is 781-844-8082 Michael "HIGH LIFE"

Been there a couple of times. May be the best launch on the river. All concrete and asphalt paving with floating docks, etc. If I remember correctly, it's three lanes wide and has plenty of parking right next to the ramp..no walking. :) It's directly UNDER the I-95 bridge over the river..on the West side. There's another launch ramp further up the river on the West side in a State Park but is NO comparison. It's about 40 miles up the river to Hartford. Plenty of great scenery in the fall. Also a few No Wake zones to slow you down. Bring a Nav Chart. :lookaroun: NB