PDA

View Full Version : What TV

mrfixxall
10-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Program from the old days you wish were still on TV?

Ill start, i miss the old Family Classics that use to be on Sunday's

Phil S
10-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Andy Griffith (the black & white days)

When I was a kid, I watched many an episode of "Gunsmoke" with my Grandpa. He would "tune it in" (had to move the rabbit-ears just right :yes:) every week.

Jraysray
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Gunsmoke

Conquistador_del_mar
10-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Andy Griffith (the black & white days)

When I was a kid, I watched many an episode of "Gunsmoke" with my Grandpa. He would "tune it in" (had to move the rabbit-ears just right :yes:) every week.

I watched many episodes of Gunsmoke with my Dad back in the 60s on Saturday evenings. Was Ms. Kitty a play on words - lol? My personal favorite western was Rawhide, but I never missed Bonanza, Paladin or Gunsmoke either. Gil Favor was a man's man and Rowdy Yates was no slouch. Ironically, I just reminded my 83 year old mother yesterday what she used to call television when we were growing up - "the idiot box". She would not let us watch more than 1 hour per day and The 3 Stooges was on the blacklist. Bill

gcarter
10-02-2010, 12:01 PM
We didn't have a TV until I was 14-15 and the folks finally relented!
My favorite was "Adventures in Paradise" ( a take off on Mitchner's book) which was already ended by the time we got a set (I think).
I did a search on Google the other day and found I could buy the whole three years of the series. Then after reading it was mostly shot on the back lots of Hollywood, I lost interest. :frown:

tmh
10-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Sundays was Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea with my father and we always had steak for dinner cooked over the coals (in the fireplace in the winter). I didn't watch The FBI which followed and I didn't watch much of Disney either. I still watch Leave it to Beaver if it is on. Eddie Haskell is humorous.

fogducker III
10-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Rifleman............:cool:

hardcrab
10-02-2010, 12:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with your television set.
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.

If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume, if we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper.

We will control the vertical - we can roll the image / make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or shapen it to crystal clarity.

For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear.

WE REPEAT: There is nothing wrong with your television set.

You are about to participate in a great adventure, you are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to .............

the OUTER LIMITS ............. :shocking:

McGary911
10-02-2010, 01:06 PM
It was a bit before my time, but I loved the reruns when I was home from school on lunch break. Hogan's Heros.

What's cool these days, is with the internet, and a jillion cable channels, you can still watch a lot of this stuff.

I still catch Magnum P.I. a lot of days at 3pm on one of our cable channels.

I really liked that show. For my gf's prom back in '89, rather than rent a limo like the rest of the world, we showed up in a red 308 GTSi. THAT was fun. :convertib::convertib::convertib:

Jraysray
10-02-2010, 01:52 PM
rifleman............:cool:

+100

Tony
10-02-2010, 06:07 PM
The Three Stooges!

http://blog.cleveland.com/entertainment/2007/07/large_stooges.jpg

Ghost
10-02-2010, 06:46 PM
It's funny but in large measure I'm going to say that the best of TV is far, far, better than ever. Several of the HBO series alone are better than anything that ever went before IMO.

Doesn't mean today's dreck isn't plumbing new depths and the wasteland has not become more vast than ever.

As I think about old stuff that I liked, Get Smart, The Rockford Files, I Love Lucy, Twilight Zone, the Outer Limits, Hitchcock Presents, even silly but lovable Gong Show--some of it is excellent but it seems like little of it can hold a candle to the best of what we have today.

mike o
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Still crack me up. What, 60 -70 + yrs running. Stooges forever.:yes:

zelatore
10-03-2010, 09:51 AM
It's funny but in large measure I'm going to say that the best of TV is far, far, better than ever. Several of the HBO series alone are better than anything that ever went before IMO.

Doesn't mean today's dreck isn't plumbing new depths and the wasteland has not become more vast than ever.

+1 on both the good and the bad on TV today. The (un)reality shows are just beyond stupid in my opinion (I'm proud to say I don't actually know what a 'pooky' is, or even what show it's on), while series like the Wire, Carnival, and now Boardwalk Empire and Rubicon are quite good.

Shows I miss from the old days? hmmm... Twilight Zone was good of course. And Hogan's Heros as mentioned above was great. Mash was pretty good as well.

And from the not so distant past, I miss SpeedVision - you know, before they became the nascrap channel. They used to run some great old shows in their early days.

Ed Donnelly
10-03-2010, 10:04 AM
The Lone Ranger A-Team, I dream of Genie,Superman, Get Smart,

And my absolute favorite in 1950 The Howdie Doody Show with Buffalo Bob...Ed

HOWARD O
10-04-2010, 08:10 AM
FLIPPER! Able to get the seasons in full now on NetFlix online. Now my 6 yr. old is addicted.

Leave It to Beaver, Adam-12, Emergency......I used to like Kung Fu too.....and (don't laugh)........The Waltons!

HOWARD O
10-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Rifleman............:cool:

YES!!!! :yes:

mike o
10-04-2010, 08:21 AM
YES!!!! :yes:"Sidebuster" always saved the day....:yes: Now... How about them Little Rascles.:kingme:

TBroccoli
10-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Fantasy Island What's happenin, Welcome Back Kotter!

hardcrab
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
"Camp Runamock"

"My mother the car"

:nilly:

Kirbyvv
10-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Man from UNCLE and the original Hawaii 5-0

DON N.
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Sat. Morning 10:00 fury

mike o
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
What was Sky Kings daughters name?:wavey:

DON N.
10-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Penny , i watched that too .

BUIZILLA
10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Lassie..

Road Runner beep-beep

:cool:

The Hedgehog
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM
What was Sky Kings daughters name?:wavey:

I dunno. His boat was named Songbird. That is what my father named his boat.

HOWARD O
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Long before my time and I've never seen it before now, but you can watch Sky King episodes right here:

http://www.americanflyers.net/entertainment/skyking.asp

mrfixxall
10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Lost in space,lone ranger,cisco kid.

gero1
10-06-2010, 06:49 AM
rat patrol. 12 0clock high, any of the old war movies that came on sunday morning. cartoons, go go gofers, jonny quest! under dog

mike o
10-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Penny , i watched that too .C-gar 4 -U Mr. Jungle juice.......:kingme:

hardcrab
10-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Addams Family

Green Acres

............. two clever comedies !

Tidbart
10-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Green Hornet, Batman, Superman.

Space Ghost,

And the Flintstones. "Ah, that Barney Rubble, what an actor." A little aside from a movie. One of my favorite quotes. Remember what movie? Don't mean to derail, sorry.

B

On second thought, I will start another thread. Was done a few years ago, but what the heck.