PDA

View Full Version : Rain...........

HOWARD O
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
It literally hasn't stopped raining since Monday morning here, not for even a minute. Hopefully it'll be done tonight or tomorrow morning. We could see 15" or more out of this storm! Thankfully not much wind, otherwise trees would be falling like dominos.

HIGH LIFE
09-30-2010, 06:16 PM
What state do you live in ? Had to move my daughter into a new apt. today in the rain & wind, the wind was howlling driving on Rt 84 in Conn. "HIGH LIFE"

DAULEY
09-30-2010, 07:41 PM
be thankful its not snow i think 15 inches of rain would be about 90 inches of snow

fogducker III
09-30-2010, 08:37 PM
We went boating today in 20' C weather............sorry, have to rub in the good batch of boating time.................:party:

gcarter
09-30-2010, 09:18 PM
We probably only got about 1/2" out of this storm.
We were just a little too far west......

CHACHI
10-01-2010, 09:02 AM
It is raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock and more comming.

Ken

VetteLT193
10-01-2010, 01:07 PM
We went boating today in 20' C weather............sorry, have to rub in the good batch of boating time.................:party:

68 degrees F is freezing down here. :bonk: Just kiddin'. although we are hoping to get out tomorrow in some nice 70's - low 80's weather.

Conquistador_del_mar
10-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Best weather here in north Texas for quite a while - bright sunny skies and highs around 75 for the past few days and into next week - :yes: Bill

HOWARD O
10-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah? So what's your point, BILL??? Just kidding....but for what it's worth, we are looking at a beautiful weekend here. Unfortunately a good portion will be cleaning up around here! We got 15" out of this storm, I've never seen it rain like that. My hometown of New Bern, NC, birthplace of Pepsi and home to Hatteras Yachts, even made the Weather Channel! We made out okay though, didn't have to make use of the Donzi for rescue missions.

Phil S
10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
15" of rain ! That's a bunch of water !

A work colleague of mine has been on vacation this week. He has 3 kids that he's been putting through college since I've known him (about 9 years). As soon as one graduates, the next one would be starting. Every "vacation" I've known him to take has usually involved helping to move one or more of their kids either in or out of a dorm / apartment, etc.

This is the first vacation he and his wife have taken for themselves in a long time. Where'd they go ??

Cape Hatteras !! :boggled: :bonk:

Hopefully, he has found that bar down in Hatteras that has never closed during a hurricane. Anybody remember the name of it ?

gcarter
10-02-2010, 12:11 PM
15" of rain ! That's a bunch of water !

A work colleague of mine has been on vacation this week. He has 3 kids that he's been putting through college since I've known him (about 9 years). As soon as one graduates, the next one would be starting. Every "vacation" I've known him to take has usually involved helping to move one or more of their kids either in or out of a dorm / apartment, etc.

This is the first vacation he and his wife have taken for themselves in a long time. Where'd they go ??

Cape Hatteras !! :boggled: :bonk:

Hopefully, he has found that bar down in Hatteras that has never closed during a hurricane. Anybody remember the name of it ?

This story reminds me of a trip we made at Thanksgiving to Marathon during the same year that Andrew hit S/Florida.
The lady we rented the house from in Marathon told us about 3 guys who had rented the same house during the time leading up to the hurricane.
At the last minute, they got scared, bolted, and drove up to Homestead thinking they would be safer there.
Of course that put them directly in the middle of the storm. The hotel they had checked into lost its roof during the worst of it, and their rental Cadillac was destroyed.
If only they had stayed in Marathon, everything would have been fine.

HOWARD O
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM
We lost power for 4 days during Isabel in 2003. We got tired of roughing it and went to get some FOOD. Only place open in town was the Waffle House. Waitress said they only close for a Cat 5. :yes: