PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Wes.....

Donziweasel
09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Seems another one of us needs our thoughts and prayers. Many of you know Wes, and it seems Wes (TxTaz) is in intensive care with severe pnuemonia and pancreaitis.

Wes, you are in Boo Boo and my thoughts and prayers!!! Get better buddy!!!

Greg Guimond
09-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Geez, lotsa board folks in tight situations. :crossfing:

MOP
09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Gee guy I did not know! Sorry you have been putting up with my bad jokes!

Thinking of you!

Phil

yeller
09-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Hoping Wes gets well soon. :yes:

LKSD
09-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Get well soon.

gcarter
Wes is a good friend and has had a pancreas problem ever since he was in Navy Nuke school.
He's been doing better during the last several years, and just finished up a one year contract computer job for Wells Fargo. I think this was the longest he'd gone w/o issues.
Laine and I are praying for him.

Jraysray
Man, that is rough. Hang in there Taz.

CHACHI
09-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Wes, sorry to hear.

Candle lit.

Ken

Uncle Richie
09-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Wes, I hope you get better soon. Richard

BobinCovington
09-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Just brought my wife home from cancer surgery so we can relate...sending our thoughts and prayers for keeping the faith and finding the strength...

txtaz
10-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks, everyone! After 2 weeks in the ICU, and 1 week on the telemetry floor I finally get to move to Rehab.
This was a close one. My lungs and pancreas have permanent damage and will take years to rehab them.
Thanks again for everyone's thoughts an prayers.

Wes

farmer tx
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Glad to see you are up and around Wes!:yes:

gero1
10-09-2010, 08:05 PM
great to see your up and about.......remember the the ducks????? it still makes me laugh telling people on the dock not to worry we know what we are doing

Uncle Richie
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear that you are doing better, keep getting better. Richard

Ghost
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Great to hear you are out of the ICU and doing better. -Mike

yeller
10-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Great to hear that you are getting better Wes!

CHACHI
10-12-2010, 01:13 PM
If where you light the candle makes a difference....................

Also lit for Grizz.

Ken

Barry Eller
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Best wishes for a full recovery!:angel:

gcarter
10-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I just got off the phone w/Wes (he called me).
He's out of the hospital and in an inpatient rehab facility.
He's lost about 50# and is very weak. He's breathing on his own and has good oxygen level. Also he's eating solid food.
Tomorrow he starts several types of therapy. He's looking forward to regaining his strength, some weight, and getting all his faculties back.
Maybe he'll post some more in a few days, or sooner. He says he has a ways to go, but his outlook his good.

MOP
10-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Excellent!

txtaz
10-14-2010, 10:48 AM
WOW, I'm ALIVE.
I just had my first physical therapy session and talk about pain. My muscles are non-existent. But I'll make it through.
What happened to me? My kidneys shut down completely, that affected my pancreas,stomach and liver. After throwing up for hours, Jenn took me to the hospital. That's the last I remember of two weeks. Pneumonia blew up, pancreatitis blew up and both led to ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome). I coded and somehow they got me back in the ICU. I spent a week in a coma and the last month trying to get the drugs out of my body. Man do I have some funny drugged out stories to tell.
Thanks to everyone. Without you and everyone else asking God to spare me, I would not be here.
Bless you.
Wes

thriller
10-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Right On Wes..Good News..

Marlin275
10-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Great News Wes!

txtaz
10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Well, After 5 weeks of drugs and struggling, I get to go home today. It's going to feel weird. I'll probably sit on the couch and say now what. I bet the doctor visits will pile on pretty fast.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and wishes. I would not have made it without you.
Wes

McGary911
10-19-2010, 08:23 AM
Wow. Sounds like a really scary situation. Very glad things are looking up. Heal well. Sounds like you'll be ready for spring for sure. Good luck.

CHACHI
10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Wes, glad to hear you are home and on the mend.

Ken

TMANN
10-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow Wes. That’s ruff. I had almost the same situation three years ago. Had Viral and Bacterial pneumonia at one time. By the time I got to ER one lung collapsed and the second had only 15% open. They said I had 20% chance. I was in hospital for a month then an extended care facility for two weeks. It took two years to get back to normal. Tons of scars in my lungs now. Anyways get better and hang in there. It will get easier over time but you will be very weary when you feel sick for quite a while...

TMANN

txtaz
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
TMAN, 2 years? Geesshhhhh, I was hoping for a few months. I got out this morning for a Starbucks run with a buddy and was worn out after 1 hour.
They said both my lungs collapsed while I was in the coma. They intubated me and my throat still hurts. They put me in a roto-tilt bed to keep the pressure off my heart which saved my life. After I woke up they put me on some funky forced air respirator which keeps positive pressure in your lungs but talking is impossible. AND guess who kept asking me questions...Yep, Jennifer.
I'm lucky to be here and I won't let the opportunity to live a better life pass me by or to enjoy the little things I know I took for granted.
Wes

mike o
10-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Glad your home, now relax and watch the Rangers BEAT the yankee's..:kingme:

TMANN
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Take care of yourself. It won’t be all hard for two years but I had a cough for a longtime. People ask questions then you answer them and cough for five min... Definitely one of the worst felling’s I have had... Anyways don’t want to hijack a tread but cherish the second chance. After my scare I always figured Pneumonia would be what I had to make sure I never got again. I now am fighting colon cancer. Three weeks in the hospital, five surgeries and six months of chemo and radiation ahead. I’m only 35 with stage 3 cancer. No fun but if I beat this I will spend allot more time having fun with my family and less working... Get better and get boating with your family then you can start feeling better.

TMANN

txtaz
10-26-2010, 09:23 AM
TMANN, I am sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and stay on top of everything to get this kicked. You're young so your chances have got to be better.
I will be ok. I'm just not used to sitting around with nothing to do all day while recuperating.
You will be in our prayers.
Wes

TMANN
11-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Thanks. Like wise take care and avoid anyone sick for a while...

TMANN

Walt. H.
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I haven't been around hear for awhile and didn't know about you both having health issues, so please accept my belated Get Well wishes for a Speedy Recovery.

All the best to you both and may I wish you a Happy and a safe
ThanksGiving Day.
Walt