PDA

View Full Version : Donzi F14 Actually Used for Fishing????!!!!

rustnrot
09-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Since redoing this F14 two years ago, Mark has "raced" it at the Classic Raceboat Association and ran it maybe half a dozen other times.

Then, all of a sudden, about two weeks ago he discovered HE ACTUALLY LIKES FISHING, (at least when the stripers are biting here).

So, we installed a trolling motor on it today, and, hopefully in the process, pissed off the Donzi Restoration Gods a little more! Actually looks kinda cool.

Conquistador_del_mar
09-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Did he install the trolling motor to get into shallow water to throw for bait (shad)? That is the only time I use my trolling motor when going for stripers here on Lake Texoma. My record one is 18 lb caught on a 12" gizzard shad - I couldn't catch any threadfins that hot August day. Mounting a trolling motor on that boat with the railings must have been tricky. Where did he install the battery or batteries? Did he consider the type trolling motor that clamps on the outdrive? Bill

Tidbart
09-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Since redoing this F14 two years ago, Mark has "raced" it at the Classic Raceboat Association and ran it maybe half a dozen other times.

Then, all of a sudden, about two weeks ago he discovered HE ACTUALLY LIKES FISHING, (at least when the stripers are biting here).

So, we installed a trolling motor on it today, and, hopefully in the process, pissed off the Donzi Restoration Gods a little more! Actually looks kinda cool.

Isn't the 'F' for fishing?:bonk: Great looking boat. Looks like a lot of fun. Nice job on the restore.:yes:

B

gcarter
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
It looks really good.

rustnrot
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone, I think he did consider an outdrive trolling motor, the rest of the fish questions I cannot answer as I do not fish (yet).

The trolling battery goes under the front seat where there is a hatch. We are going to glass in a shelf for it. Also, the trolling motor has a bracket where only a 4" x 6" piece of plastic stays with the boat when you take the motor off.

If you look closely we removed (gasp!) the very front part of the railing. I cut it in the center of the front fittings. It goes right back in when wanted and is held in place with a set screw with the cut line hidden inside the fitting.

Greg Guimond
09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
That is a cool little boat! How many F-14 were made?

AndyDiSario
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Very cool! You've done a super job.

Andy

Marlin275
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
That is a cool little boat! How many F-14 were made?

Ten

http://www.donzi.net/forums/easy_pages.php?p=2