PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot

Donziweasel
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
I hired a photographer to do a photoshoot for the company. Had to update brochure pictures, website, promotional materials, etc.... I thought they came out pretty good. What do you guys think? I would like to input before I print them. They will need to be photoshopped some.

cutwater
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Big pimpin :pimp:

Although... it's hard to go wrong when you have that kind of scenery to work with!

fogducker III
09-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Just photo-shop the left side of the last pic and you are good to go.....:lookaroun::wink:

PS. JMHO but take the white lines from the parking lot out...:confused: Other then that those are great pics, straight to the point....:yes:

Although a Donzi behind one of them would spice it up...:cool:

Ed Donnelly
09-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Pic 1 is the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,,,get rid of
Curly, Larry, and Moe..They will scare your tourists away :wink: ....Ed

Donziweasel
09-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Ed, you do realize I am Curly? :) I know I look mildly idiodic though....

First one on the left.

mrfixxall
09-23-2010, 07:45 PM
ok my comment,,your sprinter needs 22's or get rid of the kmart hub caps :tooth:

moe needs to put on a corresponding shirt (alltrans is on the wrong side and dont match) larry needs a sombrero, and curly needs to go on a diet along with a pair of shades :fam: other then that its all good!

decalsbyblondie
09-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey at least you have one REAL BUS...the H3

Chris

tmh
09-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Beautiful scenery. Is the water you boat on as nice?

Donziweasel
09-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Decals, got three of them, Series 60, Allison Atecs, nice busses. Mine are H3-41's, not the 45's. 4 ft shorter, handle better in snow and ice and easier to wiggle around Jackson and Yellowstone. You lose 8 passengers, but worth it.

TMH, my home lakes are amazing. After 16 years of boating on them, I never get used to how beautiful they are. About 25 miles long, 10 miles wide, three marinas and not a house on the lake. Below are a couple of pics......thanks for the compliment.

gero1
09-24-2010, 08:37 AM
yall got any horses? have some friends that want to come out there to trail ride but don't want to bring their ponys

Donziweasel
09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Gero, usually we do, but with the twins being born, we had to put the on the backburner for a year or two. But, all is not lost. 2 of my nieghbors let us use them anytime. Tell your freinds to give me a shout.

decalsbyblondie
09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I agree with you on the handling of the 41's versus the 45. now if we could loose about 40 more of those passengers we would have a great trip

Chris

Carl C
09-24-2010, 07:35 PM
White lines must go for sure. They would have looked better parked on grass. Is that the best you could do for background mountains? Background should be spectacular like in the other pics you posted. Get Larry a cowboy hat. Maybe some happy tourists milling about the buses too. Something just seems missing.

Donziweasel
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Carl, we took 100's of pics. I haven't even gone through most of them yet. Many different angles, etc.... I am sure there are a few good ones in there. :)

mrfixxall
09-24-2010, 09:05 PM
mabe you should put alltrans on the ole donzi and offer water tours :) or get ahold of one of those amphibious buss's and do the water tours also??

http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/

http://www.terrawind.com/

Just Say N20
09-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Here you go.

Stripes be gone.

Carl C
09-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Here you go.
Stripes be gone.Much better. Now put the second pic in post 9 in the background just beyond the road. Then put in a smiling, uniformed, driver talking to a couple of stereotypical tourists (also smiling). :)

Just noticed the copyright on that pic but you get the idea.

Donziweasel
09-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Those look good Bill. The photographer was going to clean up the ones I chose to use. I haven't had time to go through all of them.

One motivation was I wanted to add a "vehicles" section on our website. We do alot of charter work, private tours, weddings, coporate groups, ski groups, group tours of Yellowstone, etc.... Trying to explain each bus type (van, mini, mid-sized, coach) is a PITA. So, now we want a section where people can be directed so they can see each type of bus, interiors, ammenities, etc...and be able to make a better decision on which type of equipment they would like to charter. Trying to explain each one over the phone or even e-mailing pics is a nightmare.

Bamboo Loui
09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Nice job on the stripes Bill-- John, great looking fleet-- I would sign up for a tour! They look great and well maintained- great background.

Carl C
09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
John, I am only nitpicking because you said you hired a professional photographer. IMO those are snap shots that anyone could have taken. They are nice buses and that is beautiful land. I've given my opinion on what should be done as you requested opinions. I won't say any more.

fogducker III
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
John, I have to agree with Carl, I hope you didn't pay the photographer a lot...? With that scenery and your very nice fleet of vehicles, the average Joe with a decent camera could get the shot......I understand what you are trying to get for the website, brochures etc.....which is an excellent idea.......but by looking at the pics you have posted, they need to be "spiced" up....jmho........:wink:

Ghost
09-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Is it just me, or is this yet one more occasion where a picture of Boo-Boo would have served better? <ducking>

But seriously, the shots look really good. Scenery is amazing. (Did either of those guys with you ever coach the Falcons? Maybe I'm thinking of the Hamburglar... :wink: )

Mike

tmh
09-25-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll bet there are tourists with deep pockets that would pay $1000 for a day on one of those lakes.

Phil S
09-25-2010, 12:02 PM
"So, now we want a section where people can be directed so they can see each type of bus, interiors, ammenities, etc...and be able to make a better decision on which type of equipment they would like to charter.".....

"they need to be "spiced" up....jmho......"

"Many different angles, etc.... I am sure there are a few good ones in there."

Just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook these ! :lookaroun::wink:

Ghost
09-25-2010, 12:39 PM
"So, now we want a section where people can be directed so they can see each type of bus, interiors, ammenities, etc...and be able to make a better decision on which type of equipment they would like to charter.".....

"they need to be "spiced" up....jmho......"

"Many different angles, etc.... I am sure there are a few good ones in there."

Just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook these ! :lookaroun::wink:

I'm with you Phil. Time to put the 'hound' back in Greyhound.

Donziweasel
09-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for all the opinions, good stuff.

The photographer is also a graphic designer and hosts/maintains websites. I agreed to switch my hosting to him if he would do the photography for me. He is really good at the graphic design stuff and told me whatever pics I liked, he would "clean" up. I agree, the employee pics suck, but I have had a chance to go through more of them and there are some good ones of the busses.

Mike, Boo Boo compliments any pic!!!!!

Carl and Jeremy, I needed opinions and I am glad you threw yours in. I didn't see it as nitpicking at all. Thanks for the input guys.

Donziweasel
09-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Few more.....

fogducker III
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
That second pic is killer John...............:yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
09-25-2010, 11:20 PM
That second pic is killer John...............:yes:

Yep, 2nd pic is spectacular. Bill

Donziweasel
09-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks Jeremy and Bill. Still weeding through them. I have found a few more good ones......

Wish I had Bill's (N20) photoshop abilities. My "photographer" is s l o w......