PDA

View Full Version : Redundant I am Sure....

oledawg
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
OK, dumb question time, probably my "old timers" kicking in and I promise I will write it down, but the standard prop rotation is ____? And what is the difference between a Mirage and a Mirage Plus for the same number, ie a 25P for example? :bonk:

Had a nice run up the lake the other day and using gps the max was 67.8 mph ( C22 with slightly modified 454, cam, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 850 DP, etc, ).

I run a stock 27P Mirage and am thinking that a 25P might get me a mile or two more. I tried a labbed 23P off of a Pachanga that pulled quite a few more rpm's but was prone to cavitation on hole shot and more than a little squirrely at top end. My 27P is solid as a rock at all speeds and maybe is the best all around for my boat, but again, just curious.... :cool!:

Tidbart
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally, I thought the difference was that a Mirage + had a rubber hub and the Mirage had a solid hub, but after seeing a post a few months ago, I am not 100% sure.

Bob

mrfixxall
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
OK, dumb question time, probably my "old timers" kicking in and I promise I will write it down, but the standard prop rotation is ____? And what is the difference between a Mirage and a Mirage Plus for the same number, ie a 25P for example? :bonk:

Had a nice run up the lake the other day and using gps the max was 67.8 mph ( C22 with slightly modified 454, cam, Edelbrock manifold, Holley 850 DP, etc, ).

I run a stock 27P Mirage and am thinking that a 25P might get me a mile or two more. I tried a labbed 23P off of a Pachanga that pulled quite a few more rpm's but was prone to cavitation on hole shot and more than a little squirrely at top end. My 27P is solid as a rock at all speeds and maybe is the best all around for my boat, but again, just curious.... :cool!:

standard prop rotation would be tha most common prop rotation that boat mfr's use which would be( right rotation )

the differance in a migage and a mirage + ,,,, mirage + has more rake to the blade and is usually a bigger diameter compared to a regular mirage..they also tend to give you more bow lift..

Pismo
09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
More cup to the Mirage Plus...Go up an inch. A 25" MPlus is like a 26" Mirage. Hard to find those standard Mirage props...

oledawg
09-23-2010, 01:56 PM
OK, so if I am getting this, a 25P Mirage Plus RH might be a good one to try? There is one on eBay that has been labbed..... thoughts? :crossfing:

oledawg
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
OK, just bought a labbed 25P Mirage Plus on eBay....now we shall put theory to the test and see what we actually get......:wink: