PDA

View Full Version : I need an electrical wizard......

fogducker III
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM
So installed the Hardin gauges, full bank of them, wired in sequence and work welll, including back lights.....one MAJOR problem.....when the ignition is off and I turn the dash/running lights on....all the gauges spike....what have I done?

I get a true reading on all gauges except when key is off and nav/running lights on.....:boggled:

mrfixxall
09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
So installed the Hardin gauges, full bank of them, wired in sequence and work welll, including back lights.....one MAJOR problem.....when the ignition is off and I turn the dash/running lights on....all the gauges spike....what have I done?

I get a true reading on all gauges except when key is off and nav/running lights on.....:boggled:

Abra cadabra its fixed!

sounds like you got the s wire going to the light wire and the,,check the grounds,,that will spike everything if theirs a weak ground.

LKSD
09-21-2010, 06:43 AM
Sometimes if you dont have a heavy enough ground, or a ground bus bar it can cause grief.. ;) And yes, it sounds like you have the light power wire going somewhere it shouldnt as Fixall said.. ;)