PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new shifter

Papu
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Took the side panels off my Classic this weekend and found the Quicksilver shifter to be in sad shape. I don't feel bad cuz I never liked the thing anyway. Looking for something shiny and new, maybe a Livorsi, but their catalog is decidedly unhelpful. Just wondering what the more experienced might do in my place. I have about a week to decide before the upholsterers return my panels.

Tidbart
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Livorsi, Dana, or Merc. Depends on how much you want to spend.

B

BUIZILLA
09-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Uflex

fogducker III
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Uflex

+1.....I took Buiz's advice and grabbed one for the 18C and was more then happy...nice movement and quality...not bling, bling but did the job and I put the rest of the $$$ into fuel....:yes:

GBond
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Livorsi can be had for the price of the Uflex these days and it's a much better product.

mrfixxall
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Livorsi can be had for the price of the Uflex these days and it's a much better product.

all made in the same place..livorsi sends that out to be built then the dress is up in house..

fogducker III
09-20-2010, 08:11 PM

I beg to differ, Livorsi is $100+ more then what I got, no difference as per Mr.Fix except for the bling bling.....:)

The Hedgehog
09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I beg to differ, Livorsi is $100+ more then what I got, no difference as per Mr.Fix except for the bling bling.....:)

And who would not drop a c-note for some bling?

On a serious note, I am now on my second trim switch for my Livorsi. WTF? My boat sits inside and has a charmed life.

fogducker III
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
And who would not drop a c-note for some bling?

On a serious note, I am now on my second trim switch for my Livorsi. WTF? My boat sits inside and has a charmed life.

C-note for bling or fuel.....hhhmmmmm....:bonk:

I must admit, when I first installed it, it looked pretty plain jane, but once I used it a couple of times I was sold, secret to not having stuff "seize" up Hedge is using it.....:lookaroun::wink:

The Hedgehog
09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
C-note for bling or fuel.....hhhmmmmm....:bonk:

I must admit, when I first installed it, it looked pretty plain jane, but once I used it a couple of times I was sold, secret to not having stuff "seize" up Hedge is using it.....:lookaroun::wink:

Ouch! Good point though. I was feeling that way too so I put 100 miles on the ZX Saturday.

I will take care of the use thing. Moving the hydrohoist down to Chatt and having it installed over near the Roamer.:pimp: It is just hard to be at two lakes at the same time. In the end I am converting it into an entire dry dock platform where I will put the X-18, jet ski and Whaler all on the same lift. Seen it done.

GBond
09-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Just purchased a Livorsi (platinum) 90 days ago for the price of the Uflex.
Plus backing plate, extra $35.

Your boat deserves it! :biggrin:

fogducker III
09-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Just purchased a Livorsi (platinum) 90 days ago for the price of the Uflex.
Plus backing plate, extra $35.

Your boat deserves it! :biggrin:

So what did you pay for that? Total?

I can tell you it was not the same price as the Uflex.....I shopped around for awhile.....:)

GBond
09-20-2010, 08:56 PM

So what did you pay for that? Total?

I can tell you it was not the same price as the Uflex.....I shopped around for awhile.....:)

Don't settle for 300% retail.....

The Hedgehog
09-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't settle for 300% retail.....

Man hook me up. Hell, I just want to buy a trim switch from them.

Papu
09-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Will the Livorsi fit the old Quicksilver hole?
Will a bezel be necessary?
Will the Livorsi fit the old cables? If not, is there a standard cable length for an 18 ft Classic?
Why do none of the shifters I'm looking at have a trailer button?
....you knew there would be a quiz after class.:wink:

LKSD
09-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Uflex sells the chassis to livorsi & they do bling them a bit. Other than that nothing really special about it.

We offer the livorsi units, as well as the Uflex units. I can also do the Dana controls. They are built sturdier than the merc ones. You will have to wire in a new tilt switch though to get the tilt lock out to work if you use them.. ;) Feel free to call me if I may be of service.. :) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

Tidbart
09-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Will the Livorsi fit the old Quicksilver hole?
Will a bezel be necessary?
Will the Livorsi fit the old cables? If not, is there a standard cable length for an 18 ft Classic?
Why do none of the shifters I'm looking at have a trailer button?
....you knew there would be a quiz after class.:wink:

The Dana has a trailer button. You may have to add a trailer switch with the others. Should be easy, wiring is all there.

Read the cable to get the length. It is marked.

Not sure on the bezel, my guess is you need it. Some others who have replaced theirs have used the bezel or replaced the side board and upholstery.

B

LKSD
09-21-2010, 09:29 AM
The livorsi shifter controls are not a direct fit to the merc cut out. You usually need to cut a little more & re drill. There is a template in the kit. I do also recommend the bezel as it covers better & really does dress it up a little bit. ;) J

gcarter
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I've always thought the trailer switch should be seperate and on the dash.

Papu
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I've always thought the trailer switch should be seperate and on the dash.

Well, that is exactly what LKSD just sold me.

LKSD
09-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Good talking to you yesterday Phil & thanks for the order.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside