PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem at Hale's Bar

The Hedgehog
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
It was a heck of a Poker Run. We had everything from runabouts to #6 boats. I ran out ahead for a good while with a 38 Fountain and a Cat. We were having a blast switching leads running 70 - 85 mph and running 3 wide. At least until Williams Island when the fast guys showed up. They always seem to catch me there. I turn around and look down the gorge where I see those rooster tails. I guess that it is ok to get smoked by an Outerlimits sporting 3,000 hp.

There were 4 Donzi's there. Bbruce and Cathy in his 16, mine, a 28ZX and a 38ZX. All the guys in the big boats thought that the 16 was bad ass.

The afternoon raftup was good and the barbeque afterward was awesome. The party was kind of laid back at first until the girls that were sporting a shopping cart full of shots showed up at the bon fire. They took a whole shopping cart from their floating dock to A-dock. I think that the downhill ride on the way back was kind of dicey. Lots of paranormal stuff going down.

All in all a great weekend.

ITTLFLI
09-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Sounds like an AWESOME time!!:eek:

The Hedgehog
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Sounds like an AWESOME time!!:eek:

I think that you would have liked it. It was fun

fasttrucker
09-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Pictures?

The Hedgehog
09-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Pictures?

Here are the other Donzi's. Bruce's 16, a 28ZX single and a 38ZX.

We really need to get some more hot Donzi's running here. It was Fountain Central.

The Hedgehog
09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Ran 3 wide with these guys for a while. Traded leads a few times running 70-85 mostly. The cat was a runner. Maybe 120 or so on top. He laid the smackdown on me one day when I was running 90 or so.

The Fountain ran around my speed.

I enjoyed running with these guys.

The Hedgehog
09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
It was all fun and games until these guys showed up. We let them have the lead.

I talked to Gerald in his 42 when we got to downtown. He actually passed us a few minutes in front of these guys. He said he never dropped below 100 the whole way up the gorge.

jonzis donzi
09-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Nice!!!!

gero1
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
i done told you about that outer limit boat, saw him the other day in nashville and got a good lead on some props

The Hedgehog
09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
i done told you about that outer limit boat, saw him the other day in nashville and got a good lead on some props

Yah man. Now when u gonna bring yourself to Hale's Bar? I think you would like it:pimp::yes:

mike o
10-01-2010, 08:12 AM
The whole event looks like a BLAST :yes:. That river is such calm running from all the pic's:yes:. I went to 4 events this year up my way and they where all very ruff :yes:. I broke 2 fire extinghers holders and a seat base.:yes:. Please-Please, Id love to make this event. But, same day as the winni event. Not Fair.......:kingme::kingme::kingme:, cause, my dog Blackberry, wants to hang with Roger + Max and company.:kingme::kingme::kingme:. So, could Ya, would Ya, maybe, move it back a tad, like after 1000k.:crossfing::kingme:

The Hedgehog
10-01-2010, 09:14 AM
The whole event looks like a BLAST :yes:. That river is such calm running from all the pic's:yes:. I went to 4 events this year up my way and they where all very ruff :yes:. I broke 2 fire extinghers holders and a seat base.:yes:. Please-Please, Id love to make this event. But, same day as the winni event. Not Fair.......:kingme::kingme::kingme:, cause, my dog Blackberry, wants to hang with Roger + Max and company.:kingme::kingme::kingme:. So, could Ya, would Ya, maybe, move it back a tad, like after 1000k.:crossfing::kingme:

It would be great to have you and Blackberry down. I am sure that Roger would like that as well. I will have to confer with Spanky (Jamie's 3 legged Pomeranian that runs the dock). I am sure he will be fine with it.

I have no influence over the 2 Poker Runs and the Fall Color Cruise. The Poker Runs are Marina events that are run by the A-dock crew. The color cruise is mostly a marina event but has lot's of A-Dock involvement.

The annual Donzi Gorge run...we can work with that. I like the middle of the summer. Although it is hot, it worked out well. The lake hits a lull in mid summer and the water is great for running.