PDA

View Full Version : Slip-in Exhaust Flappers/Shutters

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 11:12 AM
This is just for info incase anyone needs to install or replace some exhaust flaps.

My system had these slip-in flappers that were worn out and making a hell of a noise and not doing what they were suppose to.....

These slide in the rubber exhaust pipe up close to the start of the exhaust tips, what I like is there is no fasteners or welding etc to do....

They come from Corsa, part number 11100U, they are reasonably expensive at about $80 each but for ease of install and quality of build, worth it IMO.

Hope this helps somebody......:)

Carl C
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Jeremy, that's a good solution if someone wants to keep their tips (like if they're on with 5200!) but CPPerformance has entire tips with flappers on sale for that price!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/new-products-member-discounts/234844-316l-ss-exhaust-tip-super-sale.html

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I saw those Carl, wouldn't work for my application, my tips are angled at an odd degree....as are other applications, but those work for a "straight" shot....and we all know how fun removing tips can be...:nilly:

I also think the internals of these will hold up far longer then the standard rubber flap.....:yes: