PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed?

cutwater
09-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Has anyone noticed that lately we've had a ton people with 50 posts or less who sound like they're on crack posting negative responses in the "For Sale" section?

I just don't get it. Almost 100% of my posts in the last few months have been defending classified ads from thoughtless/slanderous replies. Everyone seems to want to start the "I've owned 37 boats and therefore you should sell me your $20k boat for $3k since I'm more awesome than you" pissing matches.

Here's an idea... If you have less than 50 posts, you can't post to the ad... You can only PM the seller directly if you're interested in the boat. Thoughts?

Carl C
09-16-2010, 10:47 AM
lol, I've been missing the fun! Keep the ads coming. Here is one of the posts I think cutwater is referring to:

I have been looking for a boat and by posting ads on here doesn't help finding one. In fact I feel or know it hurts the seller, were I haven't look at one boat on here or sent a buddy to look at one for me.
Quote:

Greg Guimond
09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
There was a major downward price movement on crack, might explain.

cutwater
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
My favorite was the guy from Ft Lauderdale who said, " 'Goggle' me, I'm the real deal." Well, Google revealed that he served jail time for running a boat-theft ring out of his marina. Haha, way to go, buddy... Not the best move on a BOATING FORUM... Sheesh.

CHACHI
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I would agree.

I joined a Harley forum recently and two of the rules for posting in the "For Sale" section are, member for a min of 30 days AND 25 posts not related to the For Sale section.

Ken

Just Say N20
09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
And I thought it was only me.

I'm perfectly fine with anyone posting. Welcome to all Donzi enthusiasts!

However, please spend some time around the site. Get a feel for it. This site is considerably different from many of the traditional enthusiast's sites.

I don't appreciate people who bring a badgering, argumentative style, that has the added bonus of demonstrating writing skills on par with an illiterate Swahili warrior attempting to write English.

Kirbyvv
09-16-2010, 01:54 PM
I think negative posts on something someone is selling is totally out of line. I also think offers and negotiations should be kept totally private. We shouldn't have posts like "would you take $XXX".
No one wants to post a boat for sale only to have it riped apart or disected here, by someone who has no knowledge about it.

I bought my X18 from a posting on this site, but went directly to that person to ask questions, and close a deal.

Jraysray
09-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I think negative posts on something someone is selling is totally out of line. I also think offers and negotiations should be kept totally private. We shouldn't have posts like "would you take $XXX".
No one wants to post a boat for sale only to have it riped apart or disected here, by someone who has no knowledge about it.

I bought my X18 from a posting on this site, but went directly to that person to ask questions, and close a deal.

Big +1

mattyboy
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I have a funny feeling most new members who jump in on a heated thread are old members who left who always jumped in on heated threads to stir the pot

look at the 18 thread gone wild

who would an EX ZEBRA be??? who feels the need to jump into the fray on a for sale thread??? for his first 6 posts??? perhaps maybe a former moderator of the for sale section??? but then again maybe I have been dealing with refs and umps for too long????

so it is Black and white or white and black???????

Eplebnista
09-17-2010, 05:44 AM
I am a newbie and for reasons I can't explain my latent Donzi lust is coming to the surface. Having the cash and the motivation (if not the endorsement of She Who Must Be Obeyed) has led me to join and to post.

I wouldn't have a problem with the minimum number of posts restriction being discussed here but have doubts about the effectiveness of such a rule. Anyone with more than a little internet forum experience knows it is extremely rude to crap on someone else's for sale thread. People who do are usually habitual violators. Moreover, because you can't tell the condition of a boat without looking at it, such thread crappers may think they are doing a public service when they do. In the end, it is just a lack of manners and civilized behavior.

Phil S
09-17-2010, 06:24 AM
".....it is extremely rude to crap on someone else's for sale thread."...."In the end, it is just a lack of manners and civilized behavior."

Well said Eplebnista, and best of luck to you in finding your Donzi !

Phil S.

ps. I'm not for or against a rule as proposed. To me, it's just common sense not to negatively attack someone else's ad.

jl1962
09-17-2010, 07:00 AM
".....it is extremely rude to crap on someone else's for sale thread."...."In the end, it is just a lack of manners and civilized behavior."

Well said Eplebnista, and best of luck to you in finding your Donzi !

Phil S.

ps. I'm not for or against a rule as proposed. To me, it's just common sense not to negatively attack someone else's ad.

Well said guys!

Bill - keep up the good work.

JL

tmh
09-17-2010, 07:04 AM
It appears to me that a couple of the bashers are tire kickers that like to make low ball offers but never end up buying a boat. They insult the sellers with unrealistic offers and I question whether they are actually looking for a boat. However, if someone knows an item is misrepresented by a seller I won't object to someone pointing out potential issues in an objective manner and I would actually welcome such.
T.M. Hayes

Carl C
09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Maybe this site needs more moderators...............

handfulz28
09-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Maybe this site needs more moderators...............

Every post gets a red triangle with an exclamation point. Click on it and report the post and a moderator will get the message.

Like many grassroots organizations, we have to be self-policing. Instead of us hijacking a thread to bully a bully, just report the post.

Seems like July was a hot month for new memberships. :boggled:

Tidbart
09-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Right on with the moderators.

Supposedly there are rule here on not commenting on a 'for sale' ad. The only comments that should be posted are requests for photos, prices, or additional information.

I am guilty of commenting how nice I thought a boat was that someone is selling. Now that I look back, I shouldn't of even posted that comment. Frankly, any comments, positive or negative, should be frowned upon. Any buys or sells should be between the two interested parties, and nobody else. And caveat emptor.

B

mike o
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
:):):) But, I for 1 cant see whats wrong with giving out a compliment. Especially to somebody thats really done a nice job restoring or just generally, "really" taken good care, to the point of anal, of their boat. Some folks on here do.:kingme: I think "they" deserve the credit........:yes: Keep posting all the boats.

Marlin275
09-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Positive comments help me see details
that I might have missed!

inlander
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM
If you are a serious boat buyer, any search avenue available, even if it's labeled, Not Mine, Mine, Neighbor's, Ex-Wife's, or whatever, is absolutely necessary to see what is out there. I might still be looking, if it wasn't for the Donzi Registry. I searched everything from, iboats to Craigslist, and eventually found mine after searching back 8 months into the D-Registry archives. What next? A law which prohibits posting an ad if it ain't yours? Oops! Got a little political there. Keep those Post's a coming.

Donziweasel
09-17-2010, 05:46 PM
I have a funny feeling most new members who jump in on a heated thread are old members who left who always jumped in on heated threads to stir the pot

Matty, while you and I do not see eye to eye, I really hope this was not a shot at me. I do not post on here much anymore, but when I do it is because I feel strongly about a thread. Could you clarify this statement? If you mean old members have signed back up as new ones, I can tell you I have always posted under my screen name and have no reason to do otherwise.

I posted this under the 18 thread -

Hop Up, calm down. There are not alot of 18's on the market right now. I am shopping for one myself. This is not the end all be all of Donzi sales either. Bill finds a few here and there and posts them. If you can't find what you are looking for here, look elsewhere. There is no reason to take your frustrations out on this board because you can't immediatly find what you are looking for.

It can take months to find "your" boat. Donzi did not mass produce Classics like Bayliners. As the purchaser of two Donzi's in the last 4 years, neither were easy or quick to find. My patience was rewarded because I was very happy with both in the end. The reason no one has replied to your posts is more than likely because no one has information on what you are looking for.

Finally, if you want to have board members look at Donzi's for you, I would suggest being nice and not bashing this board to start with. I have had members readily agree to look at a few for me. A big thank you and a little humility can go a long way in getting someone you do not know to look at a Donzi for you.

Here endeth the lesson.

I felt a new member did not quite "get it".in regards to what this board and our community is about. I don't think I was abusive, just trying to get him up to speed.

If your quote was not directed towards me, then so be it, if it was, well, I guess I will deal with it when I get your reply.

Now, as for the for sale section. It has always been one of the more lively areas of this forum. More arguements over the years have broken out there than anywhere. What we are seeing is nothing new.

I feel it is the board itself, and especailly older members, job to gently let new members know how to act when they are out of line on the for sale section. The board does need some new moderators, Scott V. does not really visit the board much anymore, so it is up to us.

The rules have always been pretty simple, another mans ad is sacred. We see trashed Donzi's worth 500.00 to beautiful ones worth 100,000's of dollars. Whether the boat is either one, the ad posted is just as important to the trashed Donzi owner as the amazing one. Just be respectful, that is all, end of story. If you want to negotiate a price in public, do it respectfully. If you want to do it in private, also be respectful. If you can't say something nice about a Donzi for sale, then don't say anything at all. Period.

Banning newbies from posting or replying to ads is a knee jerk reaction. It is not what this board or community is about. Almost a "guilty until proven innocent" scenario. I believe they have every right to post as older members. Being an older member does not make you a good one. Give the new guys a chance until they mess up, then straigten them out. I was a newbie when I purchased my first 16. I would not have bought it or been a member of this community if I had not had the chance to make an offer with less than 50 posts. This community should welcome new members, not make them feel inferior to the rest of us.

There are millions of chat boards out there, not just boating ones. Each has a different "feel" from all out war to very respectful. Some new members may have come from boards where certain behaviors were tolerated. No reason to jump their chit, just need to GENTLY let them know how to behave on this one. I will be the first to say I have been less than cordial in the past, but I have made a concerted effort as of late to temper my posts. :)

gcarter
09-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Matty, while you and I do not see eye to eye, I really hope this was not a shot at me.
:)

John, I'll only speak for myself.
I wouldn't have thought that of you.
I don't think you should think anyone else here would either.
I'd encourage you to think of yourself as among friends.
I really don't care what anyone did, or for what reason.
I'm just here to talk about boats, share thoughts about other things, and enjoy my friends here and I'm glad you still show up at all.

Donziweasel
09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks George. Been meaning to give you a call and catch up.

Matty and I just recently crossed swords on another forum, that is all.

And, I was never one to be quiet about my opinion. I still am not sure what old members who used to stir the pot and are now acting as newbies means.

It's all good.

Jraysray
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM

Ya know........ I think this would apply to most all that pulled the ejection cord. It's just sad that they don't. I read both sites. Just don't post much on the other.

gcarter
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I still am not sure what old members who used to stir the pot and are now acting as newbies means.

It's all good.

I suppose if it exists, it might be hard for some who miss this site and feel like they might be eating crow because of things they might have posted.
I don't care what reasons folks did what they did.
They're all welcome here.
We all have to get along though.
I for one don't need any more crap.

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Guys, this should be about behavior in the for sale section, not who and why members jumped ship a year ago. Since it has been brought up, I will say this. Being a member of the group who jumped ship, I can honestly say that I do not think that any of those guys are posting over here as newbies. Those guys have strong personallities and aren't afraid to eat crow, or hippo, muskrat, or anything for that matter. If they want to post, they will do it under thier own names.

I have been told through emails, pm's, etc....many here wish some of them would come back. They are a great group of Donzi owners and a plus to any board. I personally do not think what Matty posted will help. Taking shots at members who are not active in this board is wrong. I have already heard from some of them and some have taken offense to it.

George said I am among freinds. I know I am and I appreciate it. If you want things to change, then treat all members, former and current as friends. Who knows, maybe some of them will come back. Saying old members are signing up under new screen names just to stir the pot sure as hell isn't going to help.

Me? I can make my own decisions. They know I post here occasionally and not one of them has said anything negative about it. When I posted here for the first time in months, I got a bunch of PM's welcoming me back. It meant alot. This is how we should treat those in the Donzi community and is why I continue to post every once in a while.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...... :)

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Guys, this should be about behavior in the for sale section, not who and why members jumped ship a year ago. Since it has been brought up, I will say this. Being a member of the group who jumped ship, I can honestly say that I do not think that any of those guys are posting over here as newbies. Those guys have strong personallities and aren't afraid to eat crow, or hippo, muskrat, or anything for that matter. If they want to post, they will do it under thier own names.

I have been told through emails, pm's, etc....many here wish some of them would come back. They are a great group of Donzi owners and a plus to any board. I personally do not think what Matty posted will help. Taking shots at members who are not active in this board is wrong. I have already heard from some of them and some have taken offense to it.

George said I am among freinds. I know I am and I appreciate it. If you want things to change, then treat all members, former and current as friends. Who knows, maybe some of them will come back. Saying old members are signing up under new screen names just to stir the pot sure as hell isn't going to help.

Me? I can make my own decisions. They know I post here occasionally and not one of them has said anything negative about it. When I posted here for the first time in months, I got a bunch of PM's welcoming me back. It meant alot. This is how we should treat those in the Donzi community and is why I continue to post every once in a while.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...... :)

Haven't you got some decks to stain......:eek::yes::lookaroun::wink:

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 08:30 AM
You gonna come help Scarab boy???? :)

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 08:38 AM
You gonna come help Scarab boy???? :)

If I came down and helped it would leave you nothing to do for the winter......:bonk:

Besides, I think I will be taking the "Wellcraft" out a fair bit this winter..........:tongue:

boxy
09-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Sabotage by members who have left is a pretty strong accusation. Especially when it was as thinly vieled as it was.
I consider Matty and the person he was referring to good friends, it looks like personality clashes have tainted the board, and I don't feel like being in the middle.
See you on the docks.

zelatore
09-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't appreciate people who bring a badgering, argumentative style, that has the added bonus of demonstrating writing skills on par with an illiterate Swahili warrior attempting to write English.

Bwaahahahahaha!!!! Good one! "illiterate Swahili warrior" I'm going to have to remember that!

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Sabotage by members who have left is a pretty strong accusation. Especially when it was as thinly vieled as it was.
I consider Matty and the person he was referring to good friends, it looks like personality clashes have tainted the board, and I don't feel like being in the middle.
See you on the docks.

Well said Steve. Perhaps I came back a little too soon myself. To say that members who have left have signed up as new members to stir the pot in the for sale section is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on here.

I know the individual you speak of and I can say for a fact he has not posted here since he left. I also know he has a hell of a lot more integrity than that. Cheap shot at best.

gcarter
09-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Well said Steve. Perhaps I came back a little too soon myself. To say that members who have left have signed up as new members to stir the pot in the for sale section is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on here.

I know the individual you speak of and I can say for a fact he has not posted here since he left. I also know he has a hell of a lot more integrity than that. Cheap shot at best.

Well, adios to both of you then.
All I can say is you both have pretty thin skin.
It's part of life isn't it? I mean, there's no one I agree w/100% of the time
except Jesus.
Eveyone else I put up with.

Tell everyone in "The Promised Land" we miss them and they're welcome
any time.

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 12:44 PM
George, just an observation but you seem to be "stirring the pot" as much as anyone...you make these two statements and then post this...??:boggled:

Quote:

Well, adios to both of you then.
All I can say is you both have pretty thin skin.
It's part of life isn't it? I mean, there's no one I agree w/100% of the time
except Jesus.
Eveyone else I put up with.

Tell everyone in "The Promised Land" we miss them and they're welcome
any time.

John, I'll only speak for myself.
I'm just here to talk about boats, share thoughts about other things, and enjoy my friends here and I'm glad you still show up at all.

Quote:

I suppose if it exists, it might be hard for some who miss this site and feel like they might be eating crow because of things they might have posted.
I don't care what reasons folks did what they did.
They're all welcome here.
We all have to get along though.
I for one don't need any more crap.

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 12:51 PM
George, why are you taking such offense to this? So far, you have pretty much attacked me since I posted that I simply wanted to know if Matty was directing comments towards me, then you bring up everyone leaving, now you are upset because a member has attacked a former member and two of us took issue with it. On top of it all, you have to attack the other board. What in the hell is wrong with you?????? Back off man, none of this has ANYTHING to do with you. I have an issue with a statement from one member who has attacked a FREIND, and it ain't you, so stay out of it if all you are going to do is bash me.

YOU of all people have told me personally back when all the crap went down you wanted everyone to come back. You have told me personally you wanted me to come back. You took the migration out of here pretty hard. Acting the way you are now is not helping anything. For someone who calls me a freind, you sure as hell aren't acting like it.

I have been back less than a month and the first crap I catch is from you. Thanks for the warm welcome home. Sheesssh, and you wonder why no one has returned but me. I will stay or go as I frickin please, I don't need you smart aleck commentary to make my decision.

Signed,
"From the promise land"

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Didn't see your post Jeremy, thanks for the support. At least I know who my real freinds are. Don't know what his problem is, spoken to him many times, always considered him a freind, and he helped the crap out of me on the Critter. Seems anytime the meltdown of Oct 2009 comes up, he goes nuts. Funny thing is, he wasn't even involved in it. Seems he took all of us leaving very personally.

Just Say N20
09-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Some observations:

If Matty mentioned the name of a specific "previous member" by name, I missed it.
If Matty didn't name anyone specifically, all the rest of this is PURE SPECULATION.
It seems unproductive at best that "the offended" continue to escalate this given that they are taking a personal, hard stance based on an assumption that they were able to correctly "read between the lines" and know with a 100% certainty who Matty was referring to.
Matty is active on both sites, so why in the world would he make statements that would be a direct attack on them?
Isn't it very possible Matty could have been referring to previous members like Sofa King, who had a reputation for continually stirring the pot and making personal attacks?
When members return to this site, and almost immediately begin posting defensive, self-righteous and argumentative statements based on assumptions, which have nothing to do with boating in general, and Donzis in particular, it is not seen as a positive.

I believe it is the intent of this site to welcome any/all Donzi enthusiasts to discuss their common passion respectfully, share knowledge, and help each other where possible.

Defensive, self-righteous and argumentative statements directed toward other members or their posts are not what this site is about.

I hate to say this, but people who seem to look for a personal insult or attack in what other people post, and then make a huge deal about it, are not contributing anything that could be even remotely considered as beneficial or helpful to a boating site, and the site is probably better off without them.

gcarter
09-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Let me see if I can make myself clear.

I had nothing to do w/the exodus. In fact, I did everything I could publicly to smooth feathers.

Then this thread started and someonne said something about an ex member. It sat there for awhile. Everyone saw it. It was there so long it was eligible for retirement. It sat there so long it got mold on it. The world didn't end (just like it shouldn't). Did I say this statement was out there for a long time?
Then after two whole days, one person takes offense at the statement and says he's gone because it was about a friend. All I can say is "WOW"!
I would have to assume (for myself) that person was looking for a reason to be offended.
Does anyone here have the perfect family?
Do they NEVER have disagreements?

I suppose the offended ones will never be back.
I for one am not perfect enough.
I guess that's why I feel at home here.
I'm not offended by Matty's statement.
I don't even know who he was posting about.
I'm not even sure why the exodus happened in the first place.
I don't want to know.

Just maybe this will put into context my former statement.

I'm just disappointed.

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 01:52 PM
If Matty mentioned the name of a specific "previous member" by name, I missed it.

Then you missed it. Re-read it again-

who would an EX ZEBRA be??? who feels the need to jump into the fray on a for sale thread??? for his first 6 posts??? perhaps maybe a former moderator of the for sale section???

especailly this part-

perhaps maybe a former moderator of the for sale section???

Some of us know who this moderator was, it was before Formula JR. He and Matty don't see eye to eye and he does not post here anymore. Matty has attacked him for no damn reason. End of story, period Bill.

When members return to this site, and almost immediately begin posting defensive, self-righteous and argumentative statements based on assumptions, which have nothing to do with boating in general, and Donzis in particular, it is not seen as a positive.

When members who have nothing to do with this and don't know what they are talking about post self-righteous, defensive and arguementative statements when they do not have all the facts and act like they own this board and can decide who is welcomed and who is not, it is not seen as a positive.

Defensive, self-righteous and argumentative statements directed toward other members or their posts are not what this site is about.

I agree 100% Bill, Matty should not have posted what he did.

I hate to say this, but people who seem to look for a personal insult or attack in what other people post, and then make a huge deal about it, are not contributing anything that could be even remotely considered as beneficial or helpful to a boating site, and the site is probably better off without them.

Hmmm...wasn't looking for anything, it was right in front of you, but you missed it.

So, you support attacks made against former members who are not here to defend themselves?

I will defend any freind who is attacked on this board or any other if I feel the attack was unwarranted. Sorry, but to me that is what friendship is about. The member is question has not posted here for almost a year.

So Bill, by making all of your statements above, doesn't this make you a hypocrite? You are making the same statements about me that you say aren't positive. The lesson is, before you get on your high horse and decide who is welcomed here and who is not, get your facts straight first. A simple PM to me asking who Matty was referring to would have cleared it right up for you.

Now that you have the facts, do you still believe what you posted about me? Do you believe Matty's post was out of line?

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Now, since this has all come up again, here is what happened in my opinion. After the meltdown of 2004 (yes, there have been others), members were respectful and tolerant of others views. The year before the meltdown of 2009, this changed. Arguements were rampant and respect for other members views or opinions all but dissappeared in many cases. I am guilty as charged as I acted like an idiot and was disrespectful as much as anyone. Frustrations built and it was bound to come to a head. One particular incident brought it to a head. Many members decided to leave, and I was one of them. I had a completely different reason than everyone else, and if you want to know what happened to me during all this, shoot me a PM.

Since then, the dust has settled. It seemed respect and toleration for others returned and everyone was happy. This was part of my reason to return, and one I am beginning to regret. I have not been back a month and becuase of defending a friend, according to George, I have thin skin and according to Bill, I am not welcomed here. Another member, Boxy, who is a damn good guy, has bailed due to a lack of respect by one member to one who does not post here anymore. So, here we go again. Thanks guys.

There seems to be some underlying annimosity by a few of the members who stayed vs. those who left.

For you new guys, there is a lot of history in this board. Some good and some bad. I have made some amazing frends here and the Donzi community is a big part of my life. Please do not let this taint your image of this community.

Rob M
09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
This moment of calm was brought to you by Donzi.

BUIZILLA
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
wow................................ :bonk:

Donziweasel
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, the gentleman Matty was referring to is a bigger part of the Donzi community than about anyone I know. He donates 100's of hours a year of his time for the community. Many of you have met him and thanked him for what he does. He has never asked for a damn thing for his time and efforts.

So, while Bill is telling us all what this board is all about and who is welcomed and who is not, I can tell you what this board is not all about. Attacking someone who does as much as he does. If you do not think I will defend him, then you are saddly mistaken.

fogducker III
09-18-2010, 02:36 PM
This moment of calm was brought to you by Donzi.

VERY nice picture Rob, thanks for that, it is now my screen saver.....:yes:

I think winter, non-boating mode has set in for some.....:boggled:

As has been said, there is alot of water under the bridge on this site, although being a relatively new member, like others, I have met and spoken to numerous people from the site and consider them friends and would have any one of them stay in my house......having said that, there are others out there that thrive on conflict and I would not piss on them if they were on fire.....yes I like a good debate but even I know where to draw the line......

Bottom line, IMHO is if there is a problem, take it up with the actual person/people involved privately, if no satisfaction, take it to a moderator.....although, this is one of the MAIN problems on this site, there appears to be none...:smash:

I have been and currently am a visitor on numerous sites and a good moderator makes ALL the difference....

This he said, she said BS just eats away at the actual fabric and basis of the site and other sites and does no good in the long run....but human nature takes over at times and defence is the result of an attack....:yes:

Gentlemen, start your boats.......even if it is just to hear it run.....:)

BUIZILLA
09-18-2010, 03:14 PM
who would an EX ZEBRA be??? who feels the need to jump into the fray on a for sale thread??? for his first 6 posts??? perhaps maybe a former moderator of the for sale section??? but then again maybe I have been dealing with refs and umps for too long????

so it is Black and white or white and black??????? Matty, why dont YOU tell us all, in black and white, who EXZEBRA is?

do you know, or don't you know?

i'm going to bet you $1000, make it $5000, if you even have that much money to your name, it isn't who you think it is..

and your really going to look like sh1t, now that you put that comment out there..

you got a LOT of balls pointing fingers in directions you have no facts, or proof for.. or do you? spit it out.. be a man, knock off the cheap shot, over there, innuendo's..

and then you make comments insinuating about old members (over there) signing on as new names over here (using the same IP mind you, yeah, right dude)

just calling it black and white..

Rob M
09-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Gentlemen, start your boats.......even if it is just to hear it run.....:)
Great idea...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPqMJDzlBcU

Jraysray
09-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Haven't you got some decks to stain......:eek::yes::lookaroun::wink:

All want to know is how the hell do you stain a deck that's got 6 inches of snow on it.....

I just dont get this stuff. I went to get grocerys and the kids are fussin'.

This is just beyond me so I move on. To the next thread. Not worth reading anymore.

NEXT!!!!!

Carl C
09-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Great idea...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPqMJDzlBcU

Sweet Corsican. Sounds good. I have a 160 mile cruise planned for Tuesday. Yay!!

Bamboo Loui
09-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Sweet Corsican. Sounds good. I have a 160 mile cruise planned for Tuesday. Yay!!

THAT BOAT IS SO SWEET!!

as for the rest of the thread- sure reminds me of a short time ago when a bunch of guys bailed-- too bad, really too bad.

I have not posted much cause the personality of the site has changed so much. I'm disappointed and don't even check in very often.
I only joined a short time ago--- received lots of advice, received lots of friendly emails and PMs-even pone calls-- I loved the site.
personally, I just don't get the ego crap going on.

OK-- I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but in my opinion, we need to keep the discussion at the highest level. If someone comes on and wants to drag us down, lets just ignore it. The option---or options of policing the site does not work. You (we) cannot afford to have one person or a group of persons policing the site, nor can we afford to have people hi-jack our interests or anything else.

this is supposed to be a enthusiast site- not a forum for egos and arguments. I'll bet if we as a group just ignore what is distasteful, it-they will just go away.

just a thought.

I do not have a clue who Weasel is talking about-- you all probably do-- if it is who I think than-- shame on him-- I am in contact with those who are not on this thread- have good relations and I do not find any anomosity towards.net-(maybe because I do not waste anyones time with it)- perhaps he is discussing someone else. Frankly- I am sick of the BS

cutwater
09-18-2010, 10:59 PM
This isn't really what I had in mind when I started the thread... Shouldn't we be watching college football or something?? :) +1 on the Corsican... sweet photo!

Donziweasel
09-19-2010, 07:56 AM
I have not posted much cause the personality of the site has changed so much. I'm disappointed and don't even check in very often.

When did you decide this, you posted pretty heavily until late June, 8 months after everyone left. Do you mean it wasn't the same after everyone left?

I do not have a clue who Weasel is talking about-- you all probably do-- if it is who I think than-- shame on him--

Shame on me, the member I am speaking of, or Matty?

I am in contact with those who are not on this thread- have good relations and I do not find any anomosity towards.net

Who said anything about annimosity towards .net? Who are you speaking of?

Man, I am confused????

Guys, what happened last fall happened. Some chose to leave, some to stay. A group left and decided to do thier own thing. I have never seen anything posted negatively about .net. Many of those guys are still very good freinds with many who chose to stay. I think that is great. Everyone seems to get along wherever they ended up. Matty's post did offend some of those who left. To accuse some of us of signing up and posting just to stir the pot is not right. That is a pretty strong accusation and all it does it create annimosity. George says it went unnoticed for two days, trust me, it didn't. I have read alot about respect and egos in this thread. Then simply respect those who left with the same respect they are giving those who stayed. This whole thing started due to what I consider a very inconsiderate post. Then you have people like Louii making this into a .net vs. the other board, basically stirring the pot.

If everyone wants to let this thread die, then let it die. Lets just all try and get along and not speak negatively towards any members, new, old, those who stayed, those who left. In the end, no matter what chat board you are on or what group you belong to, we all are part of the Donzi Community.

Cutwater, amazing Auburn-Clemson game. Shanked the field goal as the last play. Boo Boo went to Auburn, so of course SEC football is a top agenda. People in Wyoming will never understand SEC Football.

Phil S
09-19-2010, 08:19 AM
"If everyone wants to let this thread die, then let it die. Lets just all try and get along and not speak negatively towards any members, new, old, those who stayed, those who left. In the end, no matter what chat board you are on or what group you belong to, we all are part of the Donzi Community."

That's got my vote ! +10

"Cutwater, amazing Auburn-Clemson game. Shanked the field goal as the last play. Boo Boo went to Auburn, so of course SEC football is a top agenda. People in Wyoming will never understand SEC Football."

Being a Kentuckian (go UK !) transplanted into a midst of Orange & Purple (Clemson is in my back yard...great boating area by the way ), our house was filled with Clemson fans last night....not that there's anything wrong with that...:bonk: :nilly: :wink:

That was a heck of a game though DW ! :yes:

Donziweasel
09-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Phil, Boo Boo went through what I call the stages of the SEC Auburn football fan.

1. Loved the War Eagles at the beginning.
2. Cussing them and hating them first half when they played poorly
3. Half time deep breaths and a fresh glass of wine
4. Mild hope when tied up in the third.
5. Love again in the 4th.

Of course, there was much play commentary from Boo Boo throughout.

I mean come on, center moved the ball on the "last" play, made the field goal and then had to kick again and missed? What more could you want from a good ole' southern college game? It had it all!

:)

Carl C
09-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Michigan State beat Notre Dame in OT in a real thriller. I like college ball better than pro ball. You see a lot more gutsy plays instead of doing everything by the book.

Donziweasel
09-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree. Boise St crushed Wyoming Cowboys 51-6. Thats what I mean about people out here not understanding SEC football. Most could really care less. Tell a Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Bama, or LSU fan college football isn't important. I would duck right after you did it or you might lose some teeth.

I think Boise St is not being considered a real contender, especailly with The Tide as #1, but I wouldn't sell them short. They are really playing well.

Boo Boo's mom went to Bama, she went to Auburn. The year we got married, Auburn went on a 7 year winning streak against Bama. Boo Boo's mom thought I was somehow responsible for this, as any self respecting SEC Bama fan would, and in effect, that her daughter has married the anti-christ.

They still do not talk on the day Bama and Auburn play....... :)

Sweet Cheekz
09-20-2010, 07:52 AM
"If everyone wants to let this thread die, then let it die. Lets just all try and get along and not speak negatively towards any members, new, old, those who stayed, those who left. In the end, no matter what chat board you are on or what group you belong to, we all are part of the Donzi Community."

That's got my vote ! +10

:yes:

+ 100

Parnell

roadtrip se
09-20-2010, 08:41 AM
so it is Black and white or white and black???????

When I found out about this post from Matty, I sent him a PM asking him to correct it. He sent me a rather nasty little response. I responded suggesting that he should probably think about the correction, get it done over the weekend as I would be out running the Flowerpot, or I would do it for him when I returned. Have some integrity.

And where is he? So here I am.

It isn’t very hard to figure out who a former for sale section moderator is. There is only one of them here that I am aware of. Me.

When I moderated the for sale section, I weighed every comment made on these ads. Some people just didn’t realize what their comments were doing to a person’s chance of selling their boats. I felt I ran a pretty tight, but fair ship. And with integrity.

To log-on under a different account, and tear up somebody’s boat ad, would be completely counter to the same rules I worked by for five or six years. Besides, if I have something to say here, I would just log-on and do it under the name I utilized since signing up on this site in April, 2001. Again, anything else would display a lack of integrity.

Like me or not, as a career sales person, I protect my integrity, because in the end if you are not credible, you don’t have much. I sleep well at night knowing this. And my friends know this about me.

For those of you who are active rally folks, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me, Byron, or Jerry as the next AOTH approaches via PM. I still maintain an account here, obviously, and will gladly answer your questions about the rally. After all, isn’t that what this is supposed to be all about? Running the boats. See you out there!

T&J
(Pic taken yesterday on the docks at Charlevoix after an awesome day shooting the waves on Lake Michigan with the Chase's)

Sweet Cheekz
09-20-2010, 04:36 PM
!

T&J
(Pic taken yesterday on the docks at Charlevoix after an awesome day shooting the waves on Lake Michigan with the Chase's)

This is what its all about! And for those that have never been there some of the nicest boating in the US Well done tripper
Parnell

Donziweasel
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Jill is not that short, Todd is just REALLY tall...... :)

Kinda like the red interior on the other Donzi. Flowerpot is looking good as always......

The Hedgehog
09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
SEC Football and treading on for sale posts! Hmmm

I vote for SEC football. Roll Tide.

Now for the posting on another for sale thread. Cutwater has a good point. I have seen those that have been the victim of that posting things like "you will never get that for the boat." That is just plain uncool. Pm if you don't agree. Maybe you have a good point but that is not be seen by potential buyers. Period. Yes, I have had to wrestle with some of the outlandish claims too. It sucks.

Now back to SEC football. So I was sitting at the party at A-dock and heard the DJ cracking on Bama for basically playing a high school team this week. The funny thing is that I did not know that Tn had a tougher schedule. It is not like they will be even playing for the SEC championship or anything (ok, so that was a cheap shot for Cutwater and Vol)!

Phil S
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
....DW & Roadtrip....I'm pretty sure I read about a new rule for posting on this site.

(I'm not making this up...I did read this. Ok, so I wrote it down, then I read it !)

Seems you have to post your newly attained GPS numbers on the 2010 Fastest Classic thread now that you've both re-powered those beasts ! Surely you two sand-baggin', bull-doggin', miracle-growin' Donzi nuts have heard about this !?! :)

Hope ya'll hang around...

Donziweasel
09-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Not going anywhere. :)

Best numbers out of the Critter is low 70's. Still propping. Stable as a rock, you could tap dance on the deck at 70. I could only test with a 21 pitch, which hit 5200 rpm's REAL quick, with plenty left. She can turn a 24, maybe more, I think.

Unfortunatly, season is about over. Cliff sent me a prop to try and I never got a chance. Randy was going to bring me a few at AOTH this spring. I think she has mid to upper 70's in her up here, maybe 6-8 mph more at sea level. I think she will comfortably crack 80 st sea level.

Todd's boat is a monster. Ran with it for many miles. I'll let him fill you in on what he is getting, but lets say it is impressive. Remember, he is a damn big sandbagger so you might want to add a little onto what he tells ya..... :)