PDA

View Full Version : BOYNE THUNDER Check this out!

jonzis donzi
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Four guys in a Donzi! Need I say more? It's a 16 and the helmets are for anonymity. This was filmed from Paul Ray's 38' Ilmor powered Donzi, he is also the president of Ilmor. We were poseurs in this endeavor for the second year in a row. We received standing ovations from some of the spectator boats seeing us in this small of a boat. We were running full bore in the video, about 50 and the real participants were limited to 55 in Lake Charlevoix anyway. I looked over at Paul's boat, as we were flying all over the place, and his 38 was rock steady and looked like he was on a Sunday drive. I had to laugh about that and generally we were all cracking up anyway! Here's a link to youtube, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2fvnRhQbE

BobinCovington
09-14-2010, 06:18 PM
That's a great video. Man, when you are actually in a 16 foot boat driving it fast like that it feels like a much bigger boat than it looks to everyone else. When you see your video, I realize my boat is pretty little. Maybe that's why my wife says "slow down!" at around 40-45 mph. I had mine up to 50 this summer in some choppy stuff, but I wanted to stay married so I slowed back down.

But those 16s are sure cool and I'm glad I have mine.

Ghost
09-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Love it!

Standing O.

inlander
09-15-2010, 03:37 AM
That's a great video. Man, when you are actually in a 16 foot boat driving it fast like that it feels like a much bigger boat than it looks to everyone else. When you see your video, I realize my boat is pretty little. Maybe that's why my wife says "slow down!" at around 40-45 mph. I had mine up to 50 this summer in some choppy stuff, but I wanted to stay married so I slowed back down.

But those 16s are sure cool and I'm glad I have mine.

Couldn't hear the wife over the roar, so not sure if she was yelling at me to slow down or not. Actually, she's holding the camera. She's a "keeper."

Love those 16's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_XmWU8T5po

Just Say N20
09-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Fun videos to be sure, but I'm not sure what this is doing in the Donzis for Sale section.

Can someone move it to the Videos section?

tjags
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I know it's the wrong section but couldn't help to comment...that is hilarious!!!

I brought my new to me 16 to a bachelor party the past weekend and it was packed w/ 4 guys, two days straight, WOT as much as possible...we must have looked ridiculous!!

We could only hit 50mph when the "heavies" stayed on land. Gotta find a pic to post.