PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens

mattyboy
09-13-2010, 01:44 PM
when you take an old simple holman moody 302 boat and try and make it more civil.

the old motor had a single pulley for the alt. and a crank driven pump, the new motor needed a pulley added for the new power steering.
some creative engineering was used to make the crank driven water pump and bracket fit around the added larger pulley. the boat is full of this type of creative engineering and rigging :rolleyes:

this is the one spacer in the bracket that can be removed the rest are custom bent and shaved to be forever joined with the bracket

gcarter
09-13-2010, 02:00 PM
when you take an old simple holman moody 302 boat and try and make it more civil.

the old motor had a single pulley for the alt. and a crank driven pump, the new motor needed a pulley added for the new power steering.
some creative engineering was used to make the crank driven water pump and bracket fit around the added larger pulley. the boat is full of this type of creative engineering and rigging :rolleyes:

this is the one spacer in the bracket that can be removed the rest are custom bent and shaved to be forever joined with the bracket

Isn't that the way everyone does it?:)
I know I'd do it that way....

Just Say N20
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I know I'd do it that way....

:lol9:

mattyboy
09-13-2010, 08:26 PM
I have reciepts for the replacement motor from the old owner.

who did it and ran.

HOWARD O
09-14-2010, 06:16 AM
That's a beautiful thing that should be displayed properly on the wall of your shop! That's nostalgia!

flying tomato
09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
What. Looks good to me.

LeadSledMerc
09-16-2010, 06:56 PM
They did a nice job painting it!!:rolleyes:

Ghost
09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm just picturing it's back in 2001 or so, and we have an "Ask the Legends" type thread here where someone puts this sort of thing up, and Ralph Moody logs on and posts:

"Oh yeah....I remember...Holman did that. :cool!:"