PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Ski Sporter Article

HOWARD O
09-10-2010, 02:33 PM
I get this via email and I see there's an article on the 16 in there on page 98. Been reading this for a couple of years, lots of good articles and a well done format. Off to read it now.......

http://www.classicyachtmag.com/currentissue

Don't miss article on Lake George.....

Marlin275
09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the link it looks good
Video on page Page 34 is wild
I saw that on another website yesterday
a lady slams into a column about 36 seconds in
and passes out
it is scary . . .

Tony
09-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Nice article, and it even has a sweet pic of Jay's (formerly my) Ski Sporter on page 101.

:)

HOWARD O
09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the link it looks good
Video on page Page 34 is wild
I saw that on another website yesterday
a lady slams into a column about 36 seconds in
and passes out
it is scary . . .

That was crazy, not expected on a cruise ship.

I like how they incorporate the video and website links into that "magazine" type format.

HOWARD O
09-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Nice article, and it even has a sweet pic of Jay's (formerly my) Ski Sporter on page 101.

:)

I pointed out that boat to my wife and said it looked familiar, it's someone's boat on the registry. She says, "well, yah.....they're all on the registry aren't they?" :boggled:

jl1962
09-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Nice article (and a nice magazine too). Somehow the publisher found Matty. Matty gave him a lot of background model info and also put him in touch w/ me.

Just back from the Fall Picnic.

All was great except I took the "Fall" part too literally and fell getting out of my boat Friday afternoon and dislocated my shoulder. Note - No alcohol was involved (perhaps that was the problem)! Special assistance from Donzi Brothers Bob H and Kirby VV who helped put my boat away and spent five hours in the Glen's Falls ER, respectively. Thanks guys! Well enough of a thread hijack!

All ended well (think morphine) and the ribs,chicken kabobs, Dr. Dan Burgers etc were great!

JL

mattyboy
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Nice article (and a nice magazine too). Somehow the publisher found Matty. Matty gave him a lot of background model info and also put him in touch w/ me.

Just back form the Fall Picnic.

All was great except I took the "Fall" part too literally and fell getting out of my boat Friday afternoon and dislocated my shoulder. Note - No alcohol was involved (perhaps that was the problem)! Special assistance from Donzi Brothers Bob H and Kirby VV who helped put my boat away and spent five hours in the Glen's Falls ER, respectively. Thanks guys! Well enough of a thread hijack!

All ended well (think morphine) and the ribs,chicken kabobs, Dr. Dan Burgers etc were great!

JL

the publisher found our club and figured it would be a good place to start since he needed donzi and lake george info. I talked to him for some time on all the minutia I have gathered on the 16. I also sent him some photos .

I figured Jay was a great info source on both. glad they used Jay's boat in the article .

nice

Thanks for the help Jay, hope you mend quickly