PDA

View Full Version : Decals?

superhatz
09-09-2010, 11:51 PM
What's the story on decals? I need an accurate set for my 1970 18 2+3....where to gets?

:lame2:

Just Say N20
09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Quoting from another thread:

"Richard Weaver owns Weaver's Marine in Shapleigh, Maine. He has restored a Donzi 14 and Hornet to better than new conditions. He is a great guy to talk with and has or can get OEM style age appropriate decals. He had the ones I needed in stock. You can contact him at (207) 636-2133. Expect to pay about $100 for entire set, shipped."

LKSD
09-10-2010, 07:42 AM
I sent you a PM. ;)

Marlin275
09-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Jamie,

We know Richard's quality and price
are yours less expensive and the same quality?

Just Say N20
09-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Jamie,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I tried to purchase decals from you, and you said you only sold decals to people whose boat you had in your shop and were doing work on.

Your website also indicated this.

Has this changed and you are now selling decals to the public?

The Hedgehog
09-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I dunno if Jamie is still doing them, but the quality was there. I was thrilled to get them

LKSD
09-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Jamie,
We know Richard's quality and price
are yours less expensive and the same quality?

Pricing depends on many things. I strive for My quality and accuracy of anything I do or offer to be top notch.. Anyone that has already dealt with me knows that, as well as how particular I am.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Marlin275
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Pricing depends on many things.

Other than quality, what would you be referring to,
the size is standard for the original reproductions?

Richard's are the best quality
so what is your price?

No need for PM here.
New members ask this question every other month.

LKSD
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Jamie,
Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I tried to purchase decals from you, and you said you only sold decals to people whose boat you had in your shop and were doing work on.
Your website also indicated this.
Has this changed and you are now selling decals to the public?

Bill you are correct I have stated that, but very recently there are some things that have changed on my end. There are some other options I have now available to potentially help those looking.

Long story short, they would need to contact me for the particulars. Yourself included, that is if you were still looking.. :D

As far as my site & its reflections of some things, I am in the process of changing a few things around and updating.. Thanks for for mentioning it as I now have another good reason to get to my updates.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
09-10-2010, 10:29 AM
so what is your price?
No need for PM here.
Everyone asks this question every other month.

Glad to hear you happy with Richard and his price and quality.. :)

As fas as the PM, Ok, No problem.. However you don't necessarily know what my PM was about.. ;) It is called "Private message" for a reason. However I will tell you it wasn't about pricing. It was about options/help to a fellow member & Donzi enthusiast here.

;) J

The Hedgehog
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Other than quality, what would you be referring to,
the size is standard for the original reproductions?

so what is your price?

No need for PM here.
New members ask this question every other month.

I have owned decals from both richard and jamie. I would buy them from either on any day. The guy I bought my X-18 from already had a set from Richard. I goofed one and had to get a set from Jamie. They were STELLAR quality and right on the money.

Frankly I don't know what I paid. They were not cheap but in the great scheme of things they were a bargain. I don't really care if they cost 175 vs 225 dollars. I have had enough custom decal work done to know how much it costs folks like Jamie and Richard. I think that it is great that people like Jamie are responsive and I think that it is cool that we have access to this type of stuff.:pimp: I hope that he does make a few dollars on his work so we can continue to get products like this.

LeadSledMerc
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Pricing depends on many things.
I'm curious what the price and lead time is for your replacement stickers for a '70 18' 2+3 Classic, plus shipping to zip 02770?
If there's "many other things" that change your pricing or delivery, please explain so I can understand what I'm looking at for options.
Thanks, Keith

LKSD
09-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Keith, it would be best for you to call me. I will be glad to go over everything with you then. :)

On a different note.
As far as posting pricing on anything, I just don't do it as a rule unless it it is a sale or clearance item or limited time thing. As time goes on things can change, posts get old, then the info can get inaccurate, etc, etc... I know others do this as well for the same reasons.

It is and was a little different when I ran my e-commerce site for merc & volvo parts and had it all automated and prices were posted there with the part.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

The Hedgehog
09-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Keith, it would be best for you to call me. I will be glad to go over everything with you then. :)
On a different note.
As far as posting pricing on anything, I just don't do it as a rule unless it it is a sale or clearance item or limited time thing. As time goes on things can change, posts get old, then the info can get inaccurate, etc, etc... I know others do this as well for the same reasons.
It is and was a little different when I ran my e-commerce site for merc & volvo parts and had it all automated and prices were posted there with the part.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

If I were Jamie, I would not post prices either. There is a difference in what it cost to to the regular decals with the foil vs the old school decals with the seperate emblams. Then you have whole situation where folks dig up the pricing from 5 years ago. It is the exact same reason that most parts sellers on OSO don't post prices unless there is a blow out.

I am still trying to figure out why this is even a discussion. We have two sources to get decals. Both work great (I have used both)and I have never heard one complaint about either.

Kirbyvv
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
I've done business with both Jamie at Lakeside and Richard Weaver. Like Hedge said, both are top notch to deal with. Both phone numbers are posted, so give them a call.

LeadSledMerc
09-12-2010, 06:06 PM

Will do, Jamie...I need to get ready for the winter projects!

Staffan Berg
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I just order some decals from www.donzidirect.com

Have not received them yet so I can not
say anything about how they look.

Will put them on my NEW St.Tropez 1966

adding one of 400 pictures

cutwater
02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice! More pics, more pics :wink:

superhatz
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Staffan...post pics of the decals when you get them please. Is that paint or gel??....looks great!

DonziJosh
02-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi Staffan,

Your decals are ready. I'll email you a tracking number tomorrow. Thanks for your business!

For anyone interested, you can see some of our decals here: http://www.donzidirect.com/store/decals-logos.html The site isn't up and running yet so you'll have to call us to complete your order, but you can see the product at least.

These are all 100% OEM decals. The chrome logos are thermal printed (The different colors are printed on, not overlaid in contrasting vinyl) and laminated so they are UV protected. Call us at 888.441.1614 with any questions! We accept all major credit cards and ship worldwide.

Josh

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey guy's you really need to quit beating Jamie's balls about something as stupid as decal's .

Staffan Berg
02-10-2011, 03:33 AM
unsorted pictures showing a Donzi St. Tropez
being reborn
It is painted (no gelcoat)
Engine is Mercruiser 5.0 MPI

http://www.plutosystems.se/Donzi

More pictures will come in april/may when this work with the boat continues.

LKSD
02-10-2011, 07:53 AM
Hey guy's you really need to quit beating Jamie's balls about something as stupid as a decal's .

Thanks Artie.. ;) Good to see support from you & some of the others.. :)

As a general note, Donzi is just one of the lines I specialize in, but not the only one. Donzi just happens to be one of my favorites when it comes to the boat side of my business.. :)

Many know my offerings in general are for more than one boat line and is more extensive than some factorys offerings and or knowledge.. Especially when it comes to being period correct and what was built or can be done with certain boats. One of the reasons for this is many boat companies changed hands many times over the years and kept poor records that don't go very far back. Some still continue to operate that way. :)

I know what properly belongs on what I deal with.. Even back to the beginning for many makes and models. Back to the earlier 1900's on some boats as I am also into some wooden boats as well. Not everybody selling stuff knows what they are dealing with as well as they should..

Many also know that what I do and offer meets or exceeds OEM specs. Also some of my stuff is OEM, it is just from the original vendors. I can & do still deal directly with some of the boat companies if and only when I need to, which is next to never anymore and at my choice for many reasons.

Because of what I know and how I operate sometimes my prices are noticeably less too.. Granted I will admit that sometime certain things that people want that are not truly available anywhere else other than me may be a bit pricey because of the time and/or expense that goes into being able to offer some things and services..

Artie, Again, some know this stuff, but not everyone as the community is always growing.. I'm here for those that need me.. Just thought I'd share a bit about me for for those it may help or find it of interest.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside :)

LKSD
02-10-2011, 07:55 AM
unsorted pictures showing a Donzi St. Tropez
being reborn
It is painted (no gelcoat)
Engine is Mercruiser 5.0 MPI
http://www.plutosystems.se/Donzi
More pictures will come in april/may when this work with the boat continues.

Staffan, nice project.. Keep up the good work.. :) J

Buddyc
02-10-2011, 08:04 AM
I just order some decals from www.donzidirect.com (http://www.donzidirect.com)

Have not received them yet so I can not
say anything about how they look.

Will put them on my NEW St.Tropez 1966

adding one of 400 pictures
I tried to get on Donzi Direct but it says site not open?

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Jamie , just curious do you still have the Donzi that you purchased in Grand Haven Mich and Jamie :thumbsup:

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I tried to get on Donzi Direct but it says site not open? I also got the same thing .

LKSD
02-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Jamie , just curious do you still have the Donzi that you purchased in Grand Haven Mich and Jamie :thumbsup:

Yes, Artie.. I still have my Testarossa.

I am still tearing it down and going thru it, However the tear down is just about complete.. I have just about everything stockpiled for the things and upgrades that it will be getting. It didnt really need much of anything. I am just rather particular of my personal stuff. I just need more free personal time to get it done.. lol :)

Overall the plan is to keep it original looking for the most part. The couple little things that are not going to be stock looking will be easily returned to stock for the most part. The upgrades are mainly of a mechanical nature.

I may catch some of the season lat this year depending on how things go. Otherwise I hope to be out stylin' for next season in it.. ;)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.. :)

VancouverMark
02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
I am having my yellow re done with a vinyl wrap rather than a paint, way cheaper and looks awesome. But we=hen that gets done, I need to re do the DONZI decals (attached). I noticed that the ones on it now look as though they may have come printed on a Yellow background? Or do they come "floating" so I can easily apply on my new yellow?

Can someone in the business Richard or Jamie PM me pricing?

Thanks
Mark

LKSD
02-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I am having my yellow re done with a vinyl wrap rather than a paint, way cheaper and looks awesome. But we=hen that gets done, I need to re do the DONZI decals (attached). I noticed that the ones on it now look as though they may have come printed on a Yellow background? Or do they come "floating" so I can easily apply on my new yellow?
Can someone in the business Richard or Jamie PM me pricing?
Thanks
Mark

The ones you would need come floating.. ;) Jamie

VancouverMark
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Great
And Pricing?

LKSD
02-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Great
And Pricing?

Refresh your mailbox, I sent you some info.. ;)

superhatz
02-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Some of the decals I've seen don't look correct...anyone have photos of good reproductions?

:spongebob:

DonziJosh
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Some of the decals I've seen don't look correct...anyone have photos of good reproductions?

Having some trouble with my site this morning apparently!

We sell the OEM "Classic" logos, priced as follows:

4" tall (actually 3 15/16" at the "O" in "Donzi") as used on the 16/18: $95 per set (port and starboard)

5" tall, as used on the 22 Classic and others, for $115 for the set (port and starboard).

The DONZI is chrome with a black outline, the lion/dolphin shield is chrome and black, and the USA flag is red, white, and blue over chrome. They are thermal printed, UV-protected. The DONZI and two flags come on one backing for easy application.

Shipping is $6 for USPS Priority Mail to anywhere in the U.S. International shipping is higher, but there are several options available.

superhatz
02-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks Josh....I'm talking about the early decals. I have a 1970 18 2+3...with original decals that I need to replace.

Jamie...any photos?

John C in PA
02-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Hey guy's you really need to quit beating Jamie's balls about something as stupid as decal's .

Completely agree. Winter boredom I think :nilly:. Besdies, this is time lost that Jamie needs to finish up my little boat :wink:.

John C

LKSD
02-10-2011, 12:40 PM

You are correct & I agree. :)

A lot of hacks out there that don't know what belongs where and offering garbage and poor quality in general..

I do have the correct pics, info, measurements, dimensions, etc on file including the proper variations where
applicable for just about all of them back to the first year made...

Unfortunately it has taken years for me to acquire the knowledge and data that I have gathered, so I don't publicly post some things for many reasons.

People have just called me if the need me and trusted my expertise on anything I offer or can help with.

:) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

VancouverMark
02-10-2011, 12:42 PM
See on my pic how the yellows do not match up...is that normal or ? I am going with the hull side yellow on the new vinyl wrap.

VancouverMark
02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
The Vancouver International Boat Show is on right now, I am going in 15 mins! :cool!:

LKSD
02-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks Josh....I'm talking about the early decals. I have a 1970 18 2+3...with original decals that I need to replace.
Jamie...any photos?

Superhatz, Just sent you a pm if it helps.. ;) Jamie

BUIZILLA
02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Josh, check your email... :wink:

LKSD
02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
See on my pic how the yellows do not match up...is that normal or ? I am going with the hull side yellow on the new vinyl wrap.

No that is not correct, I thought you shaded the background to highlight what you were talking about.! lol... Jamie

LKSD
02-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Completely agree. Winter boredom I think :nilly:. Besdies, this is time lost that Jamie needs to finish up my little boat :wink:.

John C

Funny you should say that, my wife was just hounding me about getting back to work this afternoon.. lol

undertaker
02-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Funny you should say that, my wife was just hounding me about getting back to work this afternoon.. lol

Nooooo your wife HOUNDING you.....I cant believe that...:wink::wink::pimp:

Anonymous:nilly:

LKSD
02-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Nooooo your wife HOUNDING you.....I cant believe that...:wink::wink::pimp:
Anonymous:nilly:

Cute Ed :) Me hound? You know Jay churched this up a bit :) lol

Hope all is well with you and the family...See ya in the Spring...Spring cant get here soon enough this year !

Kristin

John C in PA
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM

I hear this is what she thinks you do far back in the shop when you disappear for hours!!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/813552/hammock.gif.jpg

LKSD
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
I hear this is what she thinks you do far back in the shop when you disappear for hours!!!!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/813552/hammock.gif.jpg

I wish, I swear sometimes she must think that though.... lol :)

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Jamie , you got it made Palm trees ,Hammock , Pina Colada , WOW !:shades::wink:

LKSD
02-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Jamie , you got it made Palm trees ,Hammock , Pina Colada , WOW !:shades::wink:

You must be mistaken...take a closer look. I believe that would be Kristin in the pic not me! :) lol Wishfull thinking though.

This is more realistic on how I feel some days

:lame2::bonk:

Jamie

Pismo
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Maybe these?

I have Donzi Old school .ai .eps .f11 files

I think they are the rectangular with white background style.

email if you want them.

i have the newer ones too.

OFFSHORE GINGER
02-11-2011, 07:07 PM
You must be mistaken...take a closer look. I believe that would be Kristin in the pic not me! :) lol Wishfull thinking though.

This is more realistic on how I feel some days

:lame2::bonk:

Jamie HA HA HA , Jamie i am just an old glass guy and if that is Kristin , she either has you trained well... or you just plain love her to death . Jamie , i love my wife very dearly and to tell you the truth it has taken many years for her to teach me not to $hit on the rug .....considering i have always been a dog ...............Jamie just a joke . ha ha ha ..........

LKSD
02-11-2011, 07:37 PM
LOL--I know your joking:) Me too----We drive each other crazy working together. However she does get to do more of the comfy office work:) J

DonziJosh
02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I tried to get on Donzi Direct but it says site not open?

Sorry about that, our hosting service had some issues, but everything is fixed.

You can see some of our decals and current pricing here: http://www.donzidirect.com/store/decals-logos.html

David Hartmann
03-04-2011, 04:13 PM

You can see some of our decals and current pricing here: http://www.donzidirect.com/store/decals-logos.html

Awesome site long overdue. I hope this works out well.
I was just looking at the shields. The ones I took off of my St Tropez were 6.75 tall x 5" wide. This is also the same that was on my buddies 16'

Does anyone know if these are available anywhere?

David

Pismo
03-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Cool web site and company. I look forward to your future further offerings. Great so far.

YoDano
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Upon bringing my classic lady home and in a hurry to get on the water ways, I just “slapped” some inexpensive vinyl registration numbers
on the hull. They really detract from the sleek classic lines and don’t even match the Donzi decal. It appears the registration decal is from
Mars and the Donzi decal from Venus!

Anyone have a solution for matching the registration decal with the Donzi (silver letter with black trim) decal?

John C in PA
03-17-2011, 01:11 PM
I did this in 5 minutes. My boat isn't home so I can't verify the font and color but its $44 for 2, not $85.

John C in PA

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/813552/Capture.JPG

CHACHI
03-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Yo Dano, just jump on Josh's link and you can special order you reg decals in the excat font as the Donzi decals.

Donzi does like their decals though.

Ken

DonziJosh
03-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks Chachi. John C. does good work, but the authentic "Z" with crossbar comes at a premium. :)

http://www.donzidirect.com/store/decals-logos/custom-donzi-registration-number-set-chrome-black.html

We're still working on the website; if you browse through it you'll find some items don't even have prices yet, so everything is still coming together. However, chrome mylar decals with thermal printed color (as opposed to different colors of vinyl laid over each other) are typically a little more pricey. Our decals all come from the same machine that makes the logos we put on our boats so they're good quality, UV-stable, and made to last.

John C in PA
03-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks Chachi. John C. does good work, but the authentic "Z" with crossbar comes at a premium. :)

http://www.donzidirect.com/store/decals-logos/custom-donzi-registration-number-set-chrome-black.html

DonziJosh, I don't make these. Its a screenshot from a website where I created registration numbers/letters. Your post reminded me :bonk: . That same website will add a crossbar to the Z, if you call them before placing an order :wink:. How cool would that be f you have a Z in your reg!!!!!

John C in PA

YoDano
03-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey, just a little shout-out to those that responded to my inquiry!

CHACHI - I apologize for not doing my due deligence....thanx for pointing the way.

DonziJosh - I appreciate you mentioning UV-stablization. My chrome vinyl characters oxidized and became somewhat opaque. I guess I got what I paid for: the image of poor quality is long remembered after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

John C in PA - How cool would it be if you had a "Z" in your reg....VERY COOL! That's why I'm calling Vanna White to see if I can buy a "Z". If not, I'm registering my ride in Arizona!

Again, a BIG THANX!

CHACHI
03-19-2011, 03:21 PM
YoDano, no problem.

People are always telling me where to go.

we are all here to help.

Ken