PDA

View Full Version : I am back

Shanghied Again
09-09-2010, 12:43 AM
It has been a long and very tough road.. From hvac to one of the top Donzi dealers in the country. I have been up to my ears with boating for a living and now returning back to my roots of enjoying it! As of October 1st I will be officially done and starting my pwn HVAC company from scratch.. ouch this is going to hurt but in the long run worth it.. I can't wait to restore the 16 and the 33ZX has to be repowered next year so thats on the burner... missed everyone on the Donzi.net site and am excited to make boating my hobby again!

gcarter
09-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I, for one, was wondering how you were making it.
I wish you well w/your new enterprise.

Sweet Cheekz
09-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Ditto welcome back
Parnell

Ed Donnelly
09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
From one HVAC (well boiler man) to another, good luck with your new adventure.
Goodman rocks :boggled: .............Ed

mphatc
09-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Good Luck!! and congratulations on the new venture!!

Starting a business in a down economy is hard work, but if you can make it fly you'll do well!!!

Boating needs to be your hobby . . .you'll have lots more fun that way!!

FWIW, I just read an old Powerboat issue that had a nice picture of you flying that 33! Soon you'll be back in it!

Mario L.

mattyboy
09-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Frank,

I saw the bad news on Typhoon, but it looks like you have landed on your feet. A wise man told me as every door closes new ones open up.
Glad you are excited about boating again. If ya need help on the 16 let us know I am sure Pearson and I would help out.
wishing you the best on the new start :)

BigGrizzly
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I knewyou would be returning to the roots-What took you so long:) Best of luck

Shanghied Again
09-09-2010, 11:25 AM
The reason I was away so long was the stress of the marine buisness.. I have learned one BIG lesson. Never, Never, mix your hobby with a job. It was getting so bad I didn't even want to go near my boat!

Mr X
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
The reason I was away so long was the stress of the marine buisness.. I have learned one BIG lesson. Never, Never, mix your hobby with a job. It was getting so bad I didn't even want to go near my boat!
I know that feeling very well!
Welcome back Frank!

blackhawk
09-09-2010, 05:15 PM

A friend of mine said "Never make a hobby you enjoy your job". A few years ago I started a "part-time" snowmobile business. After a couple years it turned into a lot more than part-time and I sold my sleds and didn't ride for 3 years. I hated snowmobiles. I got out and once again I love snowmobiling!

Man was my friend smart. LOL

Welcome back!

Shanghied Again
09-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Frank,

I saw the bad news on Typhoon, but it looks like you have landed on your feet. A wise man told me as every door closes new ones open up.
Glad you are excited about boating again. If ya need help on the 16 let us know I am sure Pearson and I would help out.
wishing you the best on the new start :)

Hi Matty. Typhoon is up and running and Oct 1st will have a new owner. But I made up my mind time to get out and start my own buisness. Hey I look at it this way, If I go to work for someone I am going broke so either I make it on my own are go down in a blaze of glory!

MOP
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Frank good to hear of your planned venture! No way can a "Pretty Face Fail" best of luck!

Phil

Jraysray
09-09-2010, 11:00 PM

That's not the first time I have heard this........ All I'm sayin'...

LKSD
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
It has been a long and very tough road.. From hvac to one of the top Donzi dealers in the country. I have been up to my ears with boating for a living and now returning back to my roots of enjoying it! As of October 1st I will be officially done and starting my pwn HVAC company from scratch.. ouch this is going to hurt but in the long run worth it.. I can't wait to restore the 16 and the 33ZX has to be repowered next year so thats on the burner... missed everyone on the Donzi.net site and am excited to make boating my hobby again!

Frank, Good luck in your next endeavor. I'm sure you will be fine.. We wish you the best..

I do know what you mean about doing something you like or love as a business..

I still love boating personally, but my free time for my own boat and boating pleasure is no where near what it was many years ago. I still cant wait to hit the water in my own boat, but by the time I am done with my customers stuff and my other companies I have very little time if any (at times) to enjoy mine like I used to.. Hopefully next year will let me get out for R&R more.. But you already know how that goes.. lol

Again, best wishes in your HVAC endevour and if you are ever out this way feel free to give us a ring.. We can have a cold one.. Jamie / Lakeside

BigGrizzly
09-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Frank, I hear the hobby and work thing. been there and don that.

fasttrucker
09-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey,What is the reason your 33zx needs to be repowered?I know you like to run them hard....................496ho,s?

Tom A.
09-14-2010, 01:11 PM
:angel: We call you Frankie Five-Angles for a reason! You will do well with this for sure! You have a great support team of family and friends who are family!:angel:

Glad to see you looking forward to boating again!:boat:

Shanghied Again
09-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks Tom.. My depends on it!

Fast... The engines run fine but she has over 400 hours, I haven't run the boat hard in two years. The hardest I ran in was in two Poker Runs and she still didn't see over 65mph.

HOWARD O
09-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Welcome back, Frank! Good to see you! Wish you much luck with your new company! :yes:

fasttrucker
09-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Fast... The engines run fine but she has over 400 hours, I haven't run the boat hard in two years. The hardest I ran in was in two Poker Runs and she still didn't see over 65mph.
Ok,Glad to see you back posting again.I thought those 33zx donzi,s with 496ho 425hp ran around 74mph on the gps?

boxy
09-15-2010, 11:28 AM

:confused::confused: 65MPH ????
Frank's engines are fine, it's just a couple of really stretched cables and a pair of bent throttles ......

Glad to see you back Frankie

fasttrucker
09-15-2010, 11:34 AM
:confused::confused: 65MPH ????
Frank's engines are fine, it's just a couple of really stretched cables and a pair of bent throttles ......
Glad to see you back Frankie
I dont want to hi-jack this thread,but what is the speed of these 33zx boats say a 2001 with 496ho,s..425hp....????????:boggled:

undertaker
09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
72 MPH.....:nilly: