PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for remote reservoirs...??

fogducker III
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
So I decided on the EMI Thunder for an exhaust system, nice units, although they need to chase the threads in the water inlet and outlet fitting holes at the factory.....:nilly:

I obviously need to relocate the leg oil and Imco steering reservoirs because of the manifold to riser water hose....suggestions?

I don't want to put them on the bulkhead of the back of the rear seat or on the gunwale or I would be tripping over the hoses when in the engine bay....I would have had to remount them because of the future Procharger anyhow, but where...?

PS. Can anybody see any problems with the angle of the exhaust hose.......:confused:

Carl C
09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
You have a long drop and are using the good hose. Can't help with the reservoir relocation question but the exhaust looks good to me.

fogducker III
09-08-2010, 12:04 PM
You have a long drop and are using the good hose. Can't help with the reservoir relocation question but the exhaust looks good to me.

Thanks Carl, the "drop" was my concern...I have Corsa counter weighted flapper/shutters inside the blue exhaust hose where it meets the tail pipe.....should be OK.......for the remote reservoirs I was thinking of making two brackets like the ones that came with the EMI set-up to mount one each of the reservoirs on the outside of the risers where they meet the manifolds....?? Basically opposite the shift/throttle linkage and the electrical on the other side...??

mrfixxall
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
i agree but i later found out that when you chase the threads you remove the anodising(to trevent corrosion in the alunimum),that's why it looks sandblaster and a little darker Gery in color..

for the bracket mounted to the flame arrestor, cant you redrill the holes and move it forward?

fogducker III
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM
i agree but i later found out that when you chase the threads you remove the anodising(to trevent corrosion in the alunimum),that's why it looks sandblaster and a little darker Gery in color..

for the bracket mounted to the flame arrestor, cant you redrill the holes and move it forward?

Ya, that is probably why they do it but they could chase the threads and spray an anti rust **** in......?

When I put the Procharger on I would have to move the reservoirs again.....I think the brackets off the risers each side will work...?

PS. Exhausts look good......:yes::thumbsup:

The Hedgehog
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
I put my remote drive oil res on my transom. I am happy with that. I also relocated the oil filter to the transom. It makes a mess when you change the oil. Not too bad, but you can't catch it all with a trash bag.

HIGH LIFE
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
On my MAGNUM I make a 6" x 12" aluminum angle and mounted the top under the rear cleats, as a backing plate, than used the verticle to mount my tab pumps. Can you do this on your boat ? "HIGH LIFE"

DonziJon
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I put my remote drive oil res on my transom. I am happy with that. I also relocated the oil filter to the transom. It makes a mess when you change the oil. Not too bad, but you can't catch it all with a trash bag.

I agree with the transom mount solution. I think Oil or Fluid Resevoirs mounted on the tansom will see Less Agitation..and therefore less AIR introduced into the fluid. :nilly:

The Hedgehog
09-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I agree with the transom mount solution. I think Oil or Fluid Resevoirs mounted on the tansom will see Less Agitation..and therefore less AIR introduced into the fluid. :nilly:

Exactly.

I also went with an oversize drive reservoir to allow for expansion. I heard that is good on blower motors. Mine does not actually expand that much but it does allow for a margin of error since hooking up the level sensor was a pita and I omitted it.

fogducker III
09-10-2010, 09:03 AM
So after a little bit of screwing around I think I have it sorted out. I could not mount on the transom because of the set-back for the swim grid..... ended up fabbing brackets and mounted the gear oil reservoir and shift linkage on the starboard riser and the electrical "box", remote oil filter and Imco steering reservoir on the port riser.....and the engine hatch actually closes.....:bonk::eek::yes: