PDA

View Full Version : Shifter

RacnJasn
09-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I would like to find a wooden handle, old school Morse controller. Where do I look. Need advice on what to look for and were to look. Thanks.

seano
09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
the morse control can be found on ebay...may take a little time, but they do come up. as for the wooden knob, there is someone on the site here that reporduces them, but i can't for the life of me remember...i think it is cliff.

oledawg
09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
My ski boat, a '87 Correct Craft, uses a Morse with the wooden knob and it is a great system, never had any problems with it and you can't beat the classic look.....no bling there! Might be someone on the www.correctcraftfan.com site that can help you also. :wink:

RacnJasn
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the leads. Investigating. I don't really need trim switch as the boat requires almost no adjust. (2" lift of motor and alpha drive) having a bit of trouble getting used to tab adjust at higher speeds. The mercruisrer controls are older and a bit finicky when at idle and docking making it un-nerving when my wife is driving. She doesn't like it either. :wink: