PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Fun on White Lake, MI

Just Say N20
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
The weather was pretty nice on Sunday, so many Donzi's were out.

We had a Classic 16 (205 hp V6), a 1987 Minx LE, a Classic 22 (Brad's), a Classic 22 AE (Jeff's), and Trueser's monster 28ZX Scorpion.

Lots of photos and videos of the day. The videos were shot using a couple of those remarkable GoPro cameras.

Greg (the owner of the 16) was kind enough to offer me a ride in his boat. On the way back into White Lake, he expressed an interest in getting a ride in Trueser's boat. Mike was happy to oblige, which meant I got to run his boat the 5 miles down White Lake, while he was being introduced to a whole new level of high performance boating.

This video is one that Brad shot while running his 22 down the lake beside me wearing the camera on his head. I'm amazed at how much time he was able to look over at the 16, considering he was also driving his boat.

This 16 really impressed me with how well it ran with the 4.3 V6! It has a 55 mph speedo, which was pegged.

Thank you Brad for taking the video. Thank you Mike for giving Greg a ride. And most of all, thank you Greg for trusting me with your boat. At least you got to see what it looks like running down the lake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aw2UFfo2jM

Sweet Cheekz
09-07-2010, 07:32 AM
Haven't lost the old throttleing touch hey Bill? Looks fun hopefully the 21 can join you next summer for a run
Parnell

Just Say N20
09-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Haven't lost the old throttleing touch hey Bill? Looks fun hopefully the 21 can join you next summer for a run
Parnell

:)

Just like riding a bicycle. The first couple of moments are shaky, but then all the abilities kick right in. It was fantastic! And, I've been told the 16s behave pretty well in a sub-60 mph environment, so there wasn't anything that special going on.

Wish you could have been there. We are getting quite a fleet of Donzis in White Lake.

Trueser
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Great weekend,

That was some high quality running Sunday night..

Carl C
09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
MADCOW lives!! :)

edeeone21
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
NICE VIDEO looks like you guys had an AWESOME weekend. I live in Miami and when i take out my jet ski I don't see many Donzis out here. I cant wait for the restoration of my donzi to be complete!!:nilly: