PDA

View Full Version : I can now move on with my life

Donzi Blackhawk
09-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Hello Everyone,
It has been quite some time since I last posted. Since leaving Donzi Marine in 2006 I have been laid off from Hydra Sports (Genmar), graduated from college, Kathleen had breast cancer, I started a vintage automobile restoration company, had a huge fire in the shop that closed the business and started a new job working for Jupiter Marine International in early 2010. Today I did a walk thru of the Donzi factory where I worked for over 12 years in the engineering department. Chances are pretty good that I saw a great number of the boats currently enjoyed by everyone here go up the assembly line. The plant is now nearly empty. It was strange when I went back into what was my office. Everything was still its original place - almost as if I had never left. I listened for the voice saying that "You have entered another dimension" but everything was quite. As I drove away, I truly felt that you cannot go back home. So, from here on out, it must be upward and onward.
Sitting this evening with Kathleen while we watched a movie - the phone rang. Kathleen told me to go ahead and answer the phone even though I did not know the number calling. On the other line was a customer from Cape Cod that owned a 39 ZSC. He had a question about his boat and needed my help. Gone for over four years and I am still getting phone calls from Donzi owners about their boats. Im just glad that I can help.
If anyone is interested, I still have some Miami vice posters and blackhawk shirts That I would be willing to sell.
Cheers, Bryant
Donzi Marine 1994-2006

mike o
09-05-2010, 08:25 AM
I owned 2 of them. A 95 sweet 16 and the 02 18C that I have now, both with no issues, built during your time with the company. Ive owned many different kinds of boat over the years. These 2 Donzi's have definitely brought many hr's of enjoyment for the family. Especially for my 11yr old daughter and her friends who are AWAYS aboard. I hope the future brings you happy times for you and your family..... Michael, Squam Lake NH. Ps. Ive been building high end kevlar-composite canoes for 30 yr's. ID love to know how-what the engineering dept did in regards to the newer composites material aspect, if any. I "play" with everything I can get my hands on.........:yes:

RickSE
09-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Nice to hear you're doing well Bryant. Last time I saw you was probably in the early 2000's at one of the Dealer Meetings. It's gonna be interesting to see how the next few years develop for Donzi.

Tony
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
No matter what happens in your life, Bryant...never, ever, change your avatar!

:yes:

fegettes
09-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Bryant,

Glad to hear you are surviving just fine.

I would be interested in a Blackhawk shirt, XL.

Thanks.

Steve

Jaybird
09-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Bryant, I am interested in an X/L Blackhawk shirt. Thanks,
Jay