PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 1990 Donzi GT250 and Regazza?

Slidertater
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Howdy,
I am looking at a 1990 Donzi GT250 Regazza.
At least that is what I have been told by the owner.
I have done a couple days of internet research and I am a bit confused.
Is the 1990 GT250 and the Regazza the same boat or is there a difference between the 1990 GT250 and Regazza? I am under the impression the 89 was the last year for the Regazza so in my research It seems that this boat I am looking at would be a 1990 GT250. Is this correct?
Any other information in regards to this model would also be greatly appreciated as this is going to be my first boat and would like to know what I should be looking at and what questions to ask before I commit to buy.
Thanks in advance.
George

Slidertater
09-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Nobody have this info?

Carl C
09-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Sorry man. Usually you'll get a ton of good answers here but I think you have stumped the board:shocking:.

Slidertater
09-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Sorry man. Usually you'll get a ton of good answers here but I think you have stumped the board:shocking:.
Yep think so too.

Barry Eller
09-06-2010, 06:34 AM
Looking at the Donzi Model Listing, they look like the same boat. No photo of a GT 250, but the photo of the GT 230 makes you think they dropped the Regazza name in 89 and then in 90 called it the GT.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/easy_pages.php?p=2

cobra
10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
To my knowledge the Regazza name ended in '89 and the series became GT210, 230, 250 for 1990 up. I have a '90 230 and had a'89 regazza 21 for a short while. I've looked over a couple 23 footers of both names and they're mostly same. Photos of the 25 footers appear to be same. One difference is that the '90 up were ford powered, or supposed to be, but I've seen a few GT250's advertised with 5.7 chevy. Maybe they were changed, maybe the owners didn't know shat they had, maybe they were made with the last of the chevy parts left over at the factory. I'm a Ford fan so I was happy for mine being a 5.8, but parts are more $ and some are no longer produced. If you have seen it or have photos and it says GT250 it probably is. The HIN would indicate if it's a '90 for sure, last two digits. I've been debating for a few years on a different boat and have bought a few, including a present Scarab sport 30. In the end I think the only replacement for my 230 might be a 250. I liked my 230 from the start and have pretty much fallen in love with it. For what it is it's really fast (almost 50 lightly loaded) and fuel efficient (3+MPG) and has a pretty nice ride. Slow to get on plane with a lot of aft weight until I got tabs. Low speed handling can be a bit tougher than others, but past that it's good. I think the 250 wouldn't have the planing and low speed problems with the extra weight forward, but will likely be slower and less efficient, just guesses. I've pulled off up to 5 day trips pretty comfortably on her and just came from a 4 day at Santa Catalina Island this last weekend. At this point I think I'll just make a few more mods to the 230 to have a little more space and add a refrigerator and I'll be set.
If you get your 250 I hope you enjoy her!!
George, any chance you're in So.Cal?

Slidertater
10-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Nope not in so. Cal. I am in Ohio.
I have had the GT250 for a month now and for a twenty year old boat she sure is nice.

It has a OMC 5.7 King Cobra engine with a OMC Cobra drive with only 210 hours on the hull and 50 hours on a crate engine.

I am pretty happy with performance as see gets up on plane nicely and runs 4500 rpm at 39 MPH (GPS) at WOT on smooth water.
She handles rougher conditions nicely and seems like the little extra weight of the Donzi over say a Sea Ray really pays off in this regard.

But she is still a bit dated as it looks like a twenty year old boat and the wife wants something a bit newer (2000 or newer).
So for that reason she is for sale and I have a couple of guys coming by tomorrow. If either guys buys her they will be getting a nice boat at a nice price.
http://toledo.craigslist.org/boa/1966669862.html