09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
There is a phone number in the listing so maybe it is not a scam

http://watertown.craigslist.org/boa/1932035052.html

Just Say N20
09-03-2010, 08:52 PM
The ad.

CHACHI
09-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I am 15 miles away from A-Bay until Thursday if anybody is interested. We can put some eyes on it.

Ken

ivypandas
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the offer Chachi. I'll call first to make sure the ad is legit and the boat is still available. How should I contact you if everything checks out?
Oops, I guess since it is now 11pm Thursday, Chachi won't be in the area anymore...

- Davis

John C in PA
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Anybody know anything about this particular Donzi or this combo generally? What kind of top end would you get with this setup? Any specific items to check out?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer.

John C

tjags
09-10-2010, 09:27 AM
I just bought the exact same boat, year, and engine. My top end w/ 1/2 tank, me, and good conditions is about 52mph on the gauge. I'm new to Donzi but the 16 is a blast to drive. It's not built to store a bunch of gear or carry many people, but if you use it for what it's made for...speed and fun...I think you'll be happy.

$5500 is a sweet price too. Good luck.

Couple things I wish I had looked at closer: risers/manifolds, trim hydrolics, trim gauge working properly.

John C in PA
09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
tjags, he already told me the trim cylinders leak down after a few days. What prop are you running and top end RPM? This guy said the best he got was 54 MPH @ 3300 RPM. I'm waiting to hear back from him about other questions before I ask the prop data.

This is a craigs list sale so I'm a little wary.

Thx, John C

tjags
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I'm running a 14x23 prop. The guy I bought it from had a couple other donzi's and he said this prop was good for all around use. You could change it if you wanted more hole shot or more top end. 55mph sounds right. I'm not sure of my rpm's at top end but will check over the weekend.

FYI, after I bought the boat I found a couple more for sale w/ the 5.0 engines in them, if you are looking for more speed. All were between 10k-12k. There was a 2000 for sale in washington DC craigslist. Yellow and white.

John C in PA
09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm running a 14x23 prop. The guy I bought it from had a couple other donzi's and he said this prop was good for all around use. You could change it if you wanted more hole shot or more top end. 55mph sounds right. I'm not sure of my rpm's at top end but will check over the weekend.

FYI, after I bought the boat I found a couple more for sale w/ the 5.0 engines in them, if you are looking for more speed. All were between 10k-12k. There was a 2000 for sale in washington DC craigslist. Yellow and white.

I appreciate the info. I really need to find out why the seller isn't getting anywhere near 4800 rpm. Funny, when I asked for a sea trial this weekend and why he didn't register the trailer he stopped replying!

Although I'd rather have a V8 there are family considerations that don't include spending 10 grand (plus another 20% on post purchase expenses) for another toy. Winters coming. And the economy continues to blow. I expect more Donzi's will come on the market within the next 2 months.

Before I forget: thanks to Jamie at Lakeside for his guidance.

John C