PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Trim?

Jaybird
09-02-2010, 06:12 AM
I have just purchased a 1995 22C Blackhawk. Does anyone know the correct trim angle for this surface unit or should it be left in it's full down position? Will it need constant adjustment according to the speed?

glashole
09-02-2010, 07:39 AM
you drive that boat by feel

when right it should be up about 1/4

there are some experts who set their trim angle and don't touch it all weekend meaning it needs little input

use the tabs to drive it

good luck

Jaybird
09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try this week end.
JAY

blackhawk
09-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Blackhawk doesn't need much trim, go by feel. As stated you have to use the tabs to control the attitude of the boat.

Two best things you can do is put on 280 tabs and put some tab controls on the throttle.

Jaybird
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the advice, its quite a ride. 4400 rpm and a little over 70! Is there a control available that has the trim for the tabs mounted on it?

glashole
09-08-2010, 01:48 PM
yes

most of the ones here are custom made to run both tabs at the same time to get you into or out of trouble in a hurry

gero's is on his throttle, another guy has his on a toggle on the wheel others have them mounted beside the wheel etc

wherever is the most comfortable for you

boat is completely run by feel

blackhawk
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, its quite a ride. 4400 rpm and a little over 70! Is there a control available that has the trim for the tabs mounted on it?

I used small radio buttons from radio Shack and mounted them in the front of throttle handle. One button was both tabs down, one was both tabs up. that way I ALWAYS had one hand on the wheel and one on the throttle.

glashole
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
the black switch beside the steering wheel allows me to keep my hands on the wheel and put both tabs up or down as required with 2 avaliable fingers

it was actually originally an outboard trim switch that i modified

MDonziM
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
What ever happened to the good old days when people where afraid of these drives???

I have run mine about 5 hrs this summer with no tabs at all and I can say it is a handfull. (I took the bennetts off to go with larger faster k-planes and haven't had the time to install them.)

scarab
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
I have K planes on both my blackhawk 22 and my scarab they are the only ones to buy they and are very responsive and well built On a surface drive your tabs are more important than your trim