PDA

View Full Version : What's a Donzi

LuauLounge
09-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Been boating for a long time....

One thing that I have noticed is the response to..

What kind of boat do you have?

Donzi XXXX

OH, nice boat or gee, I haven't heard of them......

On the left coast, it is about 50/50

Maybe a generational thing as the younger generation is into roll bar boats.

WifeHatesMyDonzi
09-02-2010, 05:36 AM
I was fueling sat. and had a guy ask about mine and he pronounced it Doooosi. The bad part is he said he has an Eliminator....... You would think that he would have heard of Donzi.

The Hedgehog
09-02-2010, 05:46 AM
It is ok, most of the world does not have true style and class. It is those that understand that count.:pimp:

tjags
09-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Based on my experience more people know what the Slanket is than what a Donzi is...and the Slanket is a blanket with sleeves!!!!

Maybe Donzi needs to do more marketing because the awareness is terrible. I like the fact that you don't see Donzi's everywhere, but even people I would expect to know often give me the "Oh, never heard of them before."

Fluffy Foo-Foo
09-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I was fueling sat. and had a guy ask about mine and he pronounced it Doooosi. The bad part is he said he has an Eliminator....... You would think that he would have heard of Donzi.

He knew how to pronounce it correctly. Your wife put him up to it!:nilly:

Conquistador_del_mar
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I have to say that Donzi was virtually unknown here in north Texas back in the 70s when I had my 1971 18', but now almost everyone seems to know the brand. It is actually rare when someone in the boating world doesn't know the name from my experience. But many of the newer boaters would not know the name Gar Wood - :nilly: Bill

Jraysray
09-02-2010, 12:29 PM
I have been asked "Is that Italian" TWICE