PDA

View Full Version : bench seat hornet

DAULEY
09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
boat is located in ft myers needs total restoration 427 motor included v drive missing
best reasonable offer
listing for a friend
will get pixs over weekend

bertsboat
09-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I would have thought this would have been a real crowd pleaser. Is there no interest in this boat?? I will pay $5000 and come over and get it this week end. What do you think? We have a deal??

mdonzi
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM
is this the white boat with orange stripes for sale last year in fla

DAULEY
09-01-2010, 09:25 PM
bret x3 and its yours
it is white with orange stripe

superhatz
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm interested..just thought I'd have to "fight" someone for it....

bertsboat
09-02-2010, 05:52 AM
I want to see a picture please.
bertsboat@mindspring.com

mattyboy
09-02-2010, 06:40 AM
I think this is the boat

pics in this thread the white and orange boat post 28

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62231

DAULEY
12-11-2010, 07:44 AM
still forsale

Sweet little 16
12-12-2010, 07:32 AM
the v drive is missing what about the deck hardware,windshield, dash hardware and interior?

DAULEY
12-14-2010, 01:14 PM
there is a box of parts dont know whats there havnot seen it in 2years sitting in warehouse in fla

DAULEY
02-16-2011, 08:24 PM
best offer over 10000

silverghost
03-22-2011, 05:04 PM
I am still looking for a Benchseat Hornet project similar to this !
I'd rather have an Inboard/Outdrive but I would possibly consider a V-Drive.

Dauley:
Has the owner lowered his asking price ?
I am a serious $ cash buyer for the right Benchseat Hornet project at a fair market price based on the boat's condition & completeness !
I won't pay $10K, or over, for this project boat !

BUT~~~I AM interested !

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 05:23 PM
if he doesnt get what he wants it will sit he dont need money he paided 15000 good luck in your search

Just Say N20
03-22-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't mean this in an argumentative way, but unfortunately, what he paid for it doesn't really have much to do with what it is worth at present, in this economy, in the condition it is in.

If he doesn't need the money, and isn't inclined to sell, that is his call. Unfortunately, such a decision could keep the boat out of the hands of someone who would bring into usable condition and enjoy it.

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 07:27 PM
he has more donzies than anyone i think 15 if it sell it sell or sooner or later he will restore it try and fine one they are hard to come by and thats why he bought it

Sweet little 16
03-22-2011, 07:54 PM
from what I have seen with prices of projects for sale on this site this one is priced fairly for what it is .

silverghost
03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I just spoke to Scott Pearson "Mr Benchseat Hornet" today and there are at least three on the market now !
These projects are priced way too high and thus are not selling $$$ !
Scott put his "Ultimate" up for sale , and it is a nice unrestored rare boat, ~~~
Possibly the nicest unrestored Benchseat around ~~~

Still no buyers to be found !
He now plans to keep it , and restore it for himself !
I don't blame him for doing so !

The market for rougher project boats with parts missing is almost non- existant in today's tight economy !

Sooner or later I will find a Benchseat Hornet at a fair market price !

I don't want to steal a Benchseat Hornet~~~
I AM willing to pay FAIR market price !

I will NOT pay way over current market selling prices !

Just think of the cost of a restoration & parts~~~?
$25---$35 K easily !!!

Sweet little 16
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM
what is fair market price in your opinion for a 427 side oiler benchseat hornet???

Just Say N20
03-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Fair market price is always what someone is willing to pay for it.

Right now, it would appear no one is willing to pay $15,000, so it would appear the fair market price is less.

For whatever reason, at present, these boats have not become like 60s/70s muscle cars, commanding from $25,000 to over $1,000,000.

People buy these because they love them, they love the idea of Donzi, etc. And they usually use them big time.

The other question would seem to be, if you bought it for $15K, and invested another $20K getting everything just so, would there be a buyer for it at $35K? Maybe. Eugene sold his fantastic boat for a premium (as a used boat, but still much less than a "new" one).

All interesting to consider.

Sweet little 16
03-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Bill yes that is true, but what people have failed to do is look at what it is!!!. The motor itself is worth 9-10 k from what I have seen on the market in used condition rebuilt they are 12-17k . So what is a benchseat hull worth?? 5k?? hammered POS run of the mill projects are listed here for that. This boat has some more value to it than a normal classic .

3 on the market I like to know where, I know of this one and what I think is Scott Pearson's which was on here and ebay some time back.

silver ghost you opened the can of worms now spill the beans

market value??? what did the last 3 benchseat sell for??? what was their condition?? I don't understand how someone can say "current" fair market value when they change hands so infrequently.

silverghost
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Well~~~ You nailed down possibly two of them~~~ As I type this I am looking at 22 photos sent to me over the weekend of one that is about 100 miles from me ! It is a very rough engineless V-drive project !
A former H/M Ford 427 side-oiler boat.
I will not post the photos, or owner's name, without the owner's permission !

There is also a possible fourth boat that Scott mentioned to me earlier today !

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I just spoke to Scott Pearson "Mr Benchseat Hornet" today and there are at least three on the market now !
These projects are priced way too high and thus are not selling $$$ !
Scott put his "Ultimate" up for sale , and it is a nice unrestored rare boat, ~~~
Possibly the nicest unrestored Benchseat around ~~~
Still no buyers to be found !
He now plans to keep it , and restore it for himself !
I don't blame him for doing so !
The market for rougher project boats with parts missing is almost non- existant in today's tight economy !
Sooner or later I will find a Benchseat Hornet at a fair market price !
I don't want to steal a Benchseat Hornet~~~
I AM willing to pay FAIR market price !
I will NOT pay way over current market selling prices !
Just think of the cost of a restoration & parts~~~?
$25---$35 K easily !!!
what did scot want for his 35k
i think thats what he want for the orange 18 also

silverghost
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Scott will have to answer that question~~~
If he wishes to do so ?
I will not speak for Scott !

If that old 427 that comes with the Fla. Hornet was ever used in Salt-water, and it most likely was, ~~~ it is now only a big rusty iron doorstop ! Ford 427 original H/M marine manifolds, or any Ford Marine manifolds for these 427 engines are no longer available !I would NOT be using that old 427 if it were MY project !

The "Sting" Benchseat Hornet Scott's last fantastic restoration project went with a NEW MPI Mercruiser 383 !
I would go a similar route !

Sweet little 16
03-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Well~~~ You nailed down possibly two of them~~~ As I type this I am looking at 22 photos sent to me over the weekend of one that is about 100 miles from me ! It is a very rough engineless V-drive project !
A former H/M Ford 427 side-oiler boat.
I will not post the photos, or owner's name, without the owner's permission !

There is also a possible fourth boat that Scott mentioned to me earlier today !

ok so now it's 4 for sale??? what are they asking prices???

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
If he wishes to do so ?
If that old 427 that comes with the Fla. Hornet was ever used in Salt-water, and it most likely was, ~~~ it is now only a big rusty iron doorstop ! Ford 427 original H/M marine manifolds, or any Ford Marine manifolds for these 427 engines are no longer available !I would NOT be using that old 427 if it were MY project !
The "Sting" Benchseat Hornet Scott's last fantastic restoration project went with a NEW MPI Mercruiser 383 !
i beleive this boat came from either mich or ohio we could debate this to death but it is what it is and he wants what he wants
good luck in your search

silverghost
03-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Scott's "Ultimate"seems to be currently off the market .
Scott loves these Benchseat Hornets~~~

And as you all know~~~
This is HIS baby !

It is NOT counted among my three listed above~~~

The Florida boat above~~~
The one I have photos of 100 miles from Penna.
And one quite some distance North of me !

Sweet little 16
03-22-2011, 09:17 PM
If he wishes to do so ?

umm rusty doorstops 10k , the person who is interested in a 427 and knows their value doesn't really care marine parts are no longer available

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Racing-1963-1-2-427-Big-block-C3AE-Complete-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b8cb7826QQitemZ17060 4066854QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

this boat has some overlooked value .
good luck with the sale

silverghost
03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Let the Cobra Replicar Clone guys have all the old 427 Side Oiler Ford engines that they want !
I would not use it in this Hornet anyway !

I would BUY the Florida Benchseat Hornet Without the Ford 427 !

That is MY standing offer !
If that rare engine is holding up a possible sale ?

The current owner could then get his extra $10 K for the engine alone elsewhere if he wished !

Just another idea for the boat's owner to consider !

Think about my offer !

Just Say N20
03-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Regarding the engine, the difficulty in availability of marine parts would slow down someone wanting to restore the boat. I'm not debating that the engine is more valuable than other big block engines, but it would be a tough go in the marine world.

The engine link you provided seems to be an open ended sale; I didn't see an end date. Also, asking $9,999 and getting $9,999 are two different things.

I remember seeing a listing for the Glastron that LBJ owned. All totally documented and legitimate. It was listed on eBay for over $200K if my memory serves me. Some time later it was re-listed for $15K, again, if my memory is correct. And I don't believe it sold.

You are right. The boat is what it is, and he wants what he wants.

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 09:41 PM
brad
what do you think it worth ????
whats your offer???????????????

silverghost
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
There are a lot of former 427 Ford Side-Oiler boat engines now sitting under the hoods of Cobra Replicar Clones~~~
I have a friend who builds and sells these kit cars.

427 Side-Oilers are much more valuable to the performance car guys.

There are a lot of boats now sitting in boatyards where the 427 Side-Oilers were removed for perforance car use.
That's where the 427 Side-Oiler market value is today !
In many cases the engines were worth far more than the boats as a total package !

I believe a deal could be made here that would make the Hornet's current owner & myself BOTH happy !

My idea of a fair deal is when both buyer & seller walk away happy !

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
brad
he turned down more than your willing to pay good luck in your search

silverghost
03-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Dauley:

How can you make a statement like that ?

You DON'T KNOW what I am willing to pay !
Are you a mind reader ?

I just thought he might rather sell his 427 engine to another buyer !

If he takes my deal he will get much more in the end than with the complete engine & boat package !

It would appear that he really does not want to sell this Benchseat Hornet at ALL !

DAULEY
03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I am still looking for a Benchseat Hornet project similar to this !
I'd rather have an Inboard/Outdrive but I would possibly consider a V-Drive.

Dauley:
Has the owner lowered his asking price ?
I am a serious $ cash buyer for the right Benchseat Hornet project at a fair market price based on the boat's condition & completeness !
I won't pay $10K, or over, for this project boat !

BUT~~~I AM interested !
because this is what you said

Scott Pearson
03-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I think most of these Bench Seat Hornet projects scare people off. 95% of them are in really really rough shape. So with that said I think people see what kind of work needs to go into them to get them to be a nice boat and they either dont want to spend that much money or just dont have the knowledge or where with all to restore them.

I'm pretty sure most of you can imagine what kind of money it took to get "The Sting" to where it is today. Hands down its the nicest Bench Seat Hornet anywhere.

As far as Bench Seat Hornets for sale...The one in MD, Florida and Dauley's. Thats 3...and mine for the right price...:wink:

The hardest part of these restorations is finding all the original hardware. I was lucky enough to have been able to cast a few things from "The Sting" that were broke on "The Ultimate". Also, My ski locker on my Hornet was cut and missing the storage insert ( some jerk cut it to remove and replace the fuel tank) I had a plug made from "The Sting" and made a new insert for "The Ultimate"

So...with all that said....The sellers of these just need to find the right buyers. If I didnt have "The Ultimate" I would be buying one of these that are for sale...right away.

My 2 Cents....:)

Sweet little 16
03-23-2011, 08:22 AM
My point in all of this.
this project as less exposure than most.
there is no real difference in the investment( cost of) for restoration between an 18 or a benchseat in the same shape. the motor and power plant cost the same no matter what project you put it in. The interior in a benchseat would probably cost less to have custom built than a an 18 one long bench and 2 cushions compared to 2 buckets one long bench and 2 cushions. The windshield might cost a tad more and some coring in the benchseat, but hardware like the clamshell vents and such is a push.
this project has value in 2 things, the 427 can be parted out giving some small return on investment. parts for the 427 are in demand, so if you get back 5 grand ( a fraction of what the asking prices are on the market) from the motor more likely higher you have re-couped 1/3 or more of your intial investment. The other big value is when all is said and done at the end of the day you're not riding around in a nice classic YOU'RE RIDING AROUND IN AN ORIGINAL 3 MODEL OF SUPER RARE TRUE ARONOW BOAT A PIECE OF DONZI AND THUNDERBOAT ROW HISTORY.

silverghost
03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
I have been a boat lover all my life~~~
I have loved Donzis since I first saw one in the late 1960s ~~~
I have also restored and saved boats all my life.
So did my late 92 yer old Father !
The first boat I have ever restored was a mahogany Chris~Craft ~~~
I do not restore any boat to make money~~~
In fact I have lost money on almost every restoration project.
To me~~~ It's a labor of Love~~~
I love the boats, the work, and the satisfaction of saving a part of history .
I also enjoy owning that part of history~~~at least until I find my next project !
I do not do this to make big money !
I am looking for a Benchseat Hornet because I love boat restoration as a Hobby~~~
And~~~I love the Benchseat Boats for their Gentleman's Racer retro look & style~~~
That's why I am re-building my "Benchseat 18" project now~~~
And ~~~
Why I am looking to get a new Benchseat Hornet project.

If you own, or have owned, all of these Donzi boats mentioned above are you a TRUE ~~~

Donzi Lover ? ? ?
OR REALLY
A Donzi Speculator ? ? ?

You Decide !

fogducker III
03-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Could be both.....:confused:

Sweet Cheekz
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
. If I didnt have "The Ultimate" I would be buying one of these that are for sale...right away.

My 2 Cents....:)

If I didnt already have two restored Donzi's and a host of other projects I would be buying one right now. Benchseats are very cool

Parnell

DAULEY
03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I have been a boat lover all my life~~~
I have loved Donzis since I first saw one in the late 1960s ~~~
I have also restored and saved boats all my life.
So did my late 92 yer old Father !
The first boat I have ever restored was a mahogany Chris~Craft ~~~
I do not restore any boat to make money~~~
In fact I have lost money on almost every restoration project.
To me~~~ It's a labor of Love~~~
I love the boats, the work, and the satisfaction of saving a part of history .
I also enjoy owning that part of history~~~at least until I find my next project !
I do not do this to make big money !
I am looking for a Benchseat Hornet because I love boat restoration as a Hobby~~~
And~~~I love the Benchseat Boats for their Gentleman's Racer retro look & style~~~
That's why I am re-building my "Benchseat 18" project now~~~
And ~~~
Why I am looking to get a new Benchseat Hornet project.
If you own, or have owned, all of these Donzi boats mentioned above are you a TRUE ~~~
Donzi Lover ? ? ?
OR REALLY
A Donzi Speculator ? ? ?
You Decide !
donzi collector lover
the more the better just like collecting cars but cars go up faster
good luck in your search
want a f14

superhatz
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Dauley's boat is a 427 Chevy (Crusader) not a Ford...

silverghost
03-23-2011, 05:02 PM

If this is in fact true~~~?

There goes the theory of any real Added-On price mark-up for a "very rare" $10,000. 427 Ford Side Oiler engine !

And they still have NOT told us what parts & original deck & rigging hardware he acually has with this project Hornet
?
And HOW do you expect to sell a "rare" project boat without posting ANY detailed photos ?
HOW CAN ANYONE MAKE ANY SERIOUS OFFERS WITHOUT ANY DIGITAL PHOTOS POSTED ?

Are you selling it ~~~
Sight Unseen ?

No FIRM asking price has ever been listed for this project !
Just the same old "Best Offer Over" ~~~~

I also have NOT been contacted by phone or email or PM in any way by the boat's owner or agent !

Here you have a potential cash buyer $$$ who is AGRESSIVLY looking for a Benchseat Hornet project~~~
I have been advertising for one here for some time~~~
Most regular forum readers already know this fact !
I have CASH $$$ burning a hole in my pocket; as well as the desire for such a project~~~~

I am For Real~~~
Not A Tire Kicker !

And I am just brushed-aside ? ? ?
No Photos~~~No Calls~~~
No Emails or PMs~~~
NOTHING ! ! !

As I have stated before~~~

It does not appear that this Benchseat Hornet project is REALLY FOR SALE ! ?

fogducker III
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
If this is in fact true~~~?

There goes the theory of any real Added-On price mark-up for a "very rare" $10,000. 427 Ford Side Oiler engine !

And they still have NOT told us what parts & original deck & rigging hardware he acually has with this project Hornet
?
And HOW do you expect to sell a "rare" project boat without posting ANY detailed photos ?
HOW CAN ANYONE MAKE ANY SERIOUS OFFERS WITHOUT ANY DIGITAL PHOTOS POSTED ?

Are you sellint it ~~~
Sight Unseen ?

No FIRM asking price has ever been listed for this project !
Just the same old "Best Offer Over" ~~~~

I also have NOT been contacted by phone or email or PM in any way by the boat's owner or agent !

Here you have a potential cash buyer $$$ who is AGRESSIVLY looking for a Benchseat Hornet project~~~
I have been advertising for one here for some time~~~
Most regular forum readers already know this fact !
I have CASH $$$ burning a hole in my pocket; as well as the desire for such a project~~~~

I am For Real~~~
Not A Tire Kicker !

And I am just brushed-aside ? ? ?
No Photos~~~No Calls~~~
No Emails or PMs~~~
NOTHING ! ! !

As I have stated before~~~

It does not appear that this Benchseat Hornet project is REALLY FOR SALE ! ?

No offense Brad but you would be one of those nightmare buyers......

Why should a seller be contacting YOU? I would have thought a buyer contacts a seller?

The "seller" Dauley, who's sales technics I am not overly enthusiastic about, has basically said the boat is $10.000....take it or leave it, but please don't try to justify that the boat is not worth it, especially as you point out, no pictures or details etc etc... You stated at the beginning of this post that you have been looking for this particular model of boat...blah blah blah.....get off the pot or piss...IMHO.

Contact the seller and make an offer for what you actually want, if it is without the motor, so be it, all the seller can do is say no.....

silverghost
03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
He supposedly is SELLING this boat !

I posted that I WAS INTERESTED !

THAT PUTS THE BALL IN THE SELLER'S COURT !

SHOW ME WHAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE FOR SALE !

HE HAS NEVER POSTED A SINGLE PHOTO OF THE BOAT HE IS SUPPOSEDLY SELLING FOR HIS "FRIEND" !

NOT ONE !

HE HAS NOT STATED WHAT IS ACTUALLY INCLUDED WITH THIS BOAT AS FAR AS ORIGINAL HARDWARE, ENGINE HATCHES ETC ?
OTHERS HAVE ASKED THESE SAME QUESTIONS !

IS ONE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER ON A "PIG IN A POKE" WITHOUT ACTUALLY EVER SEEING IT, OR PHOTOS OF IT ?

Who buys ANYTHING sight unseen ?

And~~~ I AM THE UNREASONABLE PERSON HERE ?

IF you expect to sell a boat for any kind of reasonable money~~~

The very LEAST you should do is~~~
Post some photos~~~
AND~~~
Tell potential buyers what actually COMES with the boat & what DOES NOT !

Sweet little 16
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
woh woh that is a horse of a different color

BUIZILLA
03-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Brad, the bottom line is you don't want to pay what he wants for it, he doesn't want to sell for what you think it's worth (which is hilariously subjective)

pony up or get over it

fogducker III
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
He supposedly is SELLING this boat !

I posted that I WAS INTERESTED !

THAT PUTS THE BALL IN THE SELLERS COURT !

HE HAS NEVER POSTED A SINGLE PHOTO OF THE BOAT HE IS SUPPOSEDLY SELLING FOR HIS "FRIEND" !

NOT ONE !

HE HAS NOT STATED WHAT IS ACTUALLY INCLUDED WITH THIS BOAT AS FAR AS ORIGINAL HARDWARE ETC ?
OTHERS HAVE ASKED THESE SAME QUESTIONS !

IS ONE SUPPOSED TO MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER ON A "PIG IN A POKE" WITHOUT ACTUALLY EVER SEEING IT ?

Who buys ANYTHING sight unseen ?

And~~~ I AM THE UNREASONABLE PERSON HERE ?

I have bought numerous boats without seeing them in person, I have however dealt with the seller directly and not just talked on a board about it....

You posted you were interested, YOU NEVER MADE AN OFFER, fine, now you need to contact the seller, obtain the information you require and make an offer based on that info and your desire to own the boat......but I don't think that will happen, two reasons, Dauley is not overly forthcoming with disclosure about his sales and you started in this thread with your responses being very negative....I get the gut feeling he wouldn't sell it to you no matter what you offered, which wouldn't be what it was worth.....

mike o
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Brad, the bottom line is you don't want to pay what he wants for it, he doesn't want to sell for what you think it's worth (which is hilariously subjective)

pony up or get over it+ 1..... If somebody wants it bad enough, they'll go look at it and buy it.:yes:

Sweet little 16
03-24-2011, 09:07 AM
dualey thanks for the life line there you could have stopped me somewhere along my 427 rant to say the boat is not a ford :rolleyes:

joseph m. hahnl
03-25-2011, 10:02 AM
I have read all the ranting on this add. Quite frankly the add does not meet "Donzi.net criteria". Other people posting pictures, alleged engine , box of parts, no real contact info. What does it have what doesn't it?Where's the rub rail? The post reads like a kinder garden finger painting. A little blue here, a little red there.
That said:The true sense of what you think it's worth and what I think it's worth truly applies here.Technically when ever you buy a boat, you are buying a hull and not an engine. I say this as you really have no idea how long it will last or what condition a motor and drive are in . You can give a best case educated guess. Also a boat that has been stripped of all it's commercial Items is certainly not worth $15,000. $10,000 still pricey for all the unknown data. I suspect that the boat was intact when it was bought and then stripped. Again all speculation, as the data is so incomplete.
Most of us here, value our time and I certainly would not want to waste any of it with Pointless post and what not, through a middle man, that didn't follow procedures implemented by the web site.

Further more, comparing the restoration of this boat to a Classic Series is in no way the same cost. As Classics have high production numbers and readily available parts. A Classic in that condition would be worth less than $000,You probably couldn't give it away!

So now that I have finished "My Rant". This indeed,is not a project for a poor machinist like my self. You need lots of disposable income to take on that project. It is a poor mans pipe dream to even consider it. I hope that some one can come to terms and restore Her.

DAULEY
03-25-2011, 10:44 AM
watch for it on ebay in the future

mdonzi
03-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Think joseph hit the nail on the head i talked to the man on this boat last year and he was very nice we had good talk abought old boats and told me if i want more info he would find out what was there to go with it but his price is what he wants it is what it is there is no market value on this kind off boat there is not many sold to set one not like a 67 vette basket case with that said i will list my basket case hornet on here for sale it needs new home

silverghost
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
The seller Brian and his agent Dauley have yet to post, or send me photos, and state what hardware etc is actually with this project. The For Sale advert has been posted here without photos since 9/2010 .
They have also not responded to multiple requests from me to call and talk about this project Hornet.
The other day Dauley sent a very short PM to me asking if Brian had called me yet ?

No~~~He has not .
Both he & his agent Dauley have never done so to date !

Two hours later despite my serious interest Dauley stated here above~~~
"watch for it on ebay in the future"

I give up ~~~
I no longer have ANY interest in this Benchseat Hornet ; or their way of selling boats.

Good luck with your Benchseat Hornet auction on ebay guys !
With treatment as a serious potential cash buyer from the seller/owner & his agent of this boat like I have experienced here on this Donzi for sale forum I will NOT be a bidder for this mystery unseen & undetailed project on ebay !
I will also not fly to Florida to look at a boat if the sellers are too lazy to pick-up a phone, or send & post any digital photos of the project they are trying to market !
This is a very arrogant attitude on the seller's behalf.
As I have said before~~~
It would appear that this Benchseat Hornet is really not for sale !
No REAL seller markets a boat in such an unprofessional manner !

DAULEY
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
The seller Brian and his agent Dauley have yet to post, or send me photos, and state what hardware etc is actually with this project. The For Sale advert has been posted here without photos since 9/2010 .
They have also not responded to multiple requests from me to call and talk about this project Hornet.
The other day Dauley sent a very short PM to me asking if Brian had called me yet ?
No~~~He has not .
Both he & his agent Dauley have never done so to date !

Good luck with your Benchseat Hornet auction on ebay guys !
With treatment as a serious potential cash buyer from the seller/owner & his agent of this boat like I have experienced here on this Donzi for sale forum I will NOT be a bidder for this mystery unseen & undetailed project on ebay !
I will also not fly to Florida to look at a boat if the sellers are too lazy to pick-up a phone, or send & post any digital photos of the project they are trying to market !
This is very arrogant attitude on the seller's behalf.
As I have said before~~~
It would appear that this Benchseat Hornet is really not for sale !
No REAL seller markets a boat in such an unprofessional manner !
i guess you should just buy marios boat
im just trying to help someone sell a boat there is nothing in it for me
boat is in fla im in wis or i would have sent you pictures if i was near the boat to take them
brian has had a death in his family and selling this boat or any boat in his collection is not top on his list right now

DAULEY
03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
if and when it goes on ebay the detail of the ad will be like the one on the x18

big bore
03-28-2011, 07:26 PM
hi dauley
i can say i bought the 20 cig bob and brian had for sale i went and looked at the boat made my decision to buy it and i did not give them a rash of s*** very good people and honest thanks bob
jim

DAULEY
03-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Jim
thanks hope you enjoy the cig let me know when you get her in the water
BOB

drm101
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
My Dad and Uncle live in Ft Myers and know a fair amount about cars, and boats. They might go take a look at it and catalog/photo some parts for whoever wants them. Get me this person's phone number and I'll have him give the guy a call.
Lucky for all of you that my wife prefers having her own bucket seat with side bolsters. Otherwise, you wouldn't have objective offers of help.
Regards,
Dean