PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Islands 2004 Question

Shanghied Again
01-10-2004, 11:36 AM
We are trying for the Bonnie Castle, This motel is acroos from the Boardwalk resort. They use to be a Donzi Dealer. They have plenty of docking and under she docking for some boats, They also have an indoor pool and whirlpool. They have outside tables and barbecue grills.

Now the big question Boxy and I agree Gananaque has a poker run Aug 27th Draws a some big iron. They are running past A-Bay, Aug 26-27-28 for the dates. This is not the 1000 Islands Poker Run so we don't have to worry about to much conjestion, But I know Gans Poker Run will bring in some nice machinery. August is real nice in A-Bay. Jackson has there Poker Run in the begining of August.
Whats everyones thoughts?

www.bonniecastle.com (http://www.bonniecastle.com)

boxy
01-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Works for me Frank, let's see so far this summer looks like AC in early June, the Bandits Poker Run in late July, 1000 Islands Poker Run early Aug, and the Sound of Thunder 2004 to finish off the summer.

The Bonnie Castle Resort should fulfill all of our needs, protected docks, 3 bars on site, some covered slips for the big boats, (which gives us a place to hang out if it rains), indoor and outdoor pools, and it's still walking distance to the town (6 minutes there, 12 minutes home) I also think it has a small theatre on site for kids entertainment at night.

Dreaming of summer in -18 F weather almost works...

roadtrip se
01-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Guys,

Thats great news about Bonne Castle. I hope we can get in there and then take the whole place over. 1000 Islands is an awesome place and we really look forward to spending time there every time we have a chance!

We at the MADCOW(Michigan Area Donzi Cruisers on Water) have been working on a St.Clair-based event on the weekend of 8/15 for several months now, based on 1000 Islands happening in July.

I hope I speak for the group when I say that many of us are planning on coming over this year and would hate to miss it due to scheduling conflicts with two events so close with vacation schedules and the like.

Jill, Bill, Jan, and I just got back from touring some possible venues for our event today. Not many boats out there today, but quite a few nuts ice fishing! We have a hotel and marina lined up and will announce soon for 8/15.

Hope we can work all of this out. Tough problem to have, too much fun to be had attending these things to miss even one!

Todd

Shanghied Again
01-10-2004, 09:13 PM
We have to move it from Julys date do to A-Bay conflicts. No matter when we have to move to August.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Our thought after blowing a drive 36 hours before we left for 1000 Islands2003 is, "keep us posted!"
Hopefully we will make a Donzi event in 04.
KY is up in the air so.....

Before School starts is my vote.
Bryan

boxy
01-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Trip, I think we'll be fine, you guys are aiming for 2 weeks before Franks proposed date. Last year we were 2 weeks after the Dust-Off, and 2 weeks before the Lake Winni Poker Run, and every body could fit it in.

Dr. Dan
01-11-2004, 05:45 PM
wink Frank....I think that sounds good, I would not worry about conflicting with the Jackson Poker Run this year...our ACDC(Mgt. Group) will not be in attendence at that Event this year..."due to other committments!" :p So end of August would be cool....and Todd I would love to try to make it up to the home base as well.... :D
Looking forward to some fun & games in 2004!

:cool: Doc

Brass Bra Cold Here! eek!

Extreme Measures
01-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Hello Everyone.Frank just so you know that the Gananoque Pokerrun is not on the dates that you said it is on the Aug.13-15.I dont care what is on I will be at the Donzi Rally in Alex Bay and as for the Bonnie Castle that sound great have you been talking to Lenny at the Bonnie Castle he is the guy that you need to talk to about the slips.If you need any phone numbers let me know.Also Frank if you want so help just let Ann and I know. Take Care

:cool: Your Friends In Boating

Extreme Measures wink

Dr. Dan
01-12-2004, 10:32 PM
:D X-man...Thanks for that Tid Bit...When ya want it Frank? Todd set his "Cow Tipping Party"(7/23) for the week before Winni(7/31), pick an August date and they will come! :p I am not bringing any extra hats this time... :p So Boxman is on his own...

boxy
01-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey X-man welcome back.....
The 1000 Islands Poker Runs of America Poker Run is Aug 13-15.
The 1st Annual Gananoque Rotary Club Poker Run is the weekend of the 27th.

After Poker Runs of America decide to move the home base of the run to Kingston this year, the Gan Rotary club decided to hold their own run, it won't be a 140 boat field, but it will still be fun to watch, and it will be a little easier to get lodging and docking that weekend.

PS - Doc truth be told you never gave me a hat, your lovely wife did.... :D :D
I'm guessing that next year I can trade for whatever hat you bring, I'll just offer the boss some fancy frozen type drink, and a new Molson hat....... wink wink

Shanghied Again
01-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey X I wrote the Bonnie Castle and just waiting to confirm, Hey Doc we are going for August 26,27 and 28th, The weather is nicer, The Poker Run is fun to watch mix that up with a great crowd that we got and we will have a great time!

Dr. Dan
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
:D O.K. Frank........ Gotta go lighter on the Caffeine Dude...I will plan for the 26 to 28th!Sounds like a Great Time again...I agree, the weather has gotta be better in August. :p I will make sure the Lizard brings her own hats Boxy!...

Donzi Di
01-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Cliff and I will be there... I was not able to make it last year but will definitely be there this year.

We may even bring a boat!!!!