PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Marine BBC Exhaust and Risers?

fogducker III
08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Looking for a set for my 454 Mag BBC. I don't care if new or used but would need to be in excellent condition if used and a complete kit with shift/throttle linkage etc.....anybody...?:)

mrfixxall
08-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Looking for a set for my 454 Mag BBC. I don't care if new or used but would need to be in excellent condition if used and a complete kit with shift/throttle linkage etc.....anybody...?:)

the only problem with SM is people yhink the used stuff is worth as much as the new stuff..

http://craiglook.com/all.html?q=stainless+marine+exhaust

fogducker III
08-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Ain't that the truth..............what are Imco Stainless Marine Exhausts? Two different companies I thought?

mrfixxall
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
Ain't that the truth..............what are Imco Stainless Marine Exhausts? Two different companies I thought?

those manifolds look to be glm's with a custom stainless marine made ss risers..

LKSD
08-31-2010, 06:49 AM
Jeremy, I can get you a fair price on pretty much any of the good systems. The issue is getting it over and into Canada for a reasonable shipping price.. As soon as it crosses the border it seems to get silly.. I wish it was not like that I could do a lot more exporting to our Canadian neighbors.. :D Jamie

fogducker III
08-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Jeremy, I can get you a fair price on pretty much any of the good systems. The issue is getting it over and into Canada for a reasonable shipping price.. As soon as it crosses the border it seems to get silly.. I wish it was not like that I could do a lot more exporting to our Canadian neighbors.. :D Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I agree. The best way around shipping stuff to Canada is through the good ole USPS and NOT courier companies. I have done the Ebay thing for a few years and bought numerous parts from various companies and the ONLY way I will have something sent is USPS, and to date I have not had any problems. In the past I have had things sent through UPS and FedEx etc and not only is it WAY expensive, at times it takes forever to get here and on top of that the company charges a huge "brokerage" fee......the other way, when USPS hands the item over to Canada Post, the Brokerage fee is $5.....:)

If a seller will not send via USPS unfortunatly I don't buy.....:(

That aside, Jamie, it appears most sellers have the Stainless Marine items at about the same price, I have found the set I need from between $2000 to $2200 complete, less shipping, if you are able to do better please by all means PM, email or call me, thanks. Jeremy poole.j@shaw.ca or (250) 880-1067

LKSD
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
The sale price of the item is not what the hangup is.. I am usually in those ranges as well depending on the system. I don't ship USPS outside the continental USA because the wont truly insure or guarantee tracking outside the USA. I have asked them several times about it.. The only guarantee tracking & insurance inside the US.. ;)

SM will drop ship for us as well, but only in the US, most other companies have also followed suit due to importations & documentation etc.......

The only thing we use USPS for out of the US is for cheap little things or letters.. I need to be able to properly track & insure the other stuff..

Trust me, I wish it was much easier.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside