PDA

View Full Version : 21GT vs. 22C

Carl C
08-30-2010, 07:48 AM
What are the differences in the HULL? Is the 21 shorter? Not talking about the deck or cockpit.

Just Say N20
08-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Hull is shorter and it has a wider beam. I believe it also has higher sides.

Parnell is VERY knowledgeable here. Perhaps he will chime in with some exact measurement differences.

Pismo
08-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Hull is shorter and it has a wider beam. I believe it also has higher sides.
Parnell is VERY knowledgeable here. Perhaps he will chime in with some exact measurement differences.

I concur, more beam, higher freeboard, little shorter. GTs are great classic boats.

axelkloehn
08-30-2010, 10:13 AM
completely different hull/boats- they took nothing over from the GT-hull to build the 22C as far as I checked it with michibeslers 22 shelby and my GT...

although you can make the GT look like a 22C with some mods :wink:

mattyboy
08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
tale of the tape

21 gt

length 21' 1.5"
beam 7' 8.5"
gross weight 2900 lbs
passenger cap. 5

22c
length 22' 8"
beam 7'
gross weight 2900-3400 lbs depending on vintage and rigging
passenger cap 5

the 21 is a more in the boat type of feel with a very unique dash and console arrangement. the stock buckets are very car like not the typical classic type seats which give a more secure feeling than the gt seats. parnell took care of that his should be a great ride that i'm sure
will be giving some guys fits.

the stock seats would be the only con and the rest of the pros go to the 21 gt it will handle more power is lighter , wider and more stable.
it could handle twins and will give a more secure feeling when putting it to her in rough stuff.

oh one more con for the 21gt if you loose the stock windshield and do what parnell or axel did and it goes from a gentleman's cruiser to a classic offshore styled boat .

Parnell can answer not sure of the deadrise of the gt

the gt has the limited production thing going for it too. both good boats that are fast and ride well
I sorta like the older boats so i would go for a gt

Sweet Cheekz
08-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Another thing that I really notice is that at least in mine it is much deeper inside I did lower the floor some but it does have a higher freeboard even before I did that. The higher transom is nice when you are sitting in big waves as it takes a bigger wave to wash over the back.
Obviously my seats are totally different so no way to get a real comparison there.

The longer bow on the 22 is nice but ride comnparison I cant really give as first mine is not dialed in with the shortie yet and second I have a bit more ponies than my friends with 22's that I have ridden in I will say I was very impressed with Carls this spring running next to him for a short time in the 16 Very flat and looked and sounded great.
Carl next spring when my is dialed in and you bring yours to AOTH :) we can ride in each others for a good comparison.

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
08-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Matty
How do you measure deadrise again? I know you told me once but tell me again and I will get that measured this week.
Parnell

CHACHI
08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Parnell, a cut and paste, but self-explanitory.

Ken

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Deadrise_definition.svg

Sweet Cheekz
08-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks Ken I will do this weekend
Parnell

Carl C
08-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks everybody, thanks Matty, thanks Parnell; Your GT looks an awful lot like a 22C, I am surprised that there is so much difference. Looking forward to running with you again. Today we made the 160 mile round trip to Put-in-Bay for perch dinner and walk around awhile and the water was awesome all day. Lake Erie had 1 footers and I was crushing 1 1/2 footers on St. Clair. What a great day. It was 94*! Woo Hoo!