08-29-2010, 08:50 PM
jamie never posted this one..

http://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/1846136004.html

superhatz
08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I was wondering about that boat....a side oiler with a Volvo??....:confused:

HOWARD O
08-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe he didn't know it was up for sale? If he did, he's got some 'splainin' to do! I want that boat! I'll trade straight up for my 22 right now!

Just Say N20
08-29-2010, 10:38 PM
The ad. Except he states that it is still in production today as the 22 Classic.

Hmmmm. . . . . not so.

mattyboy
08-29-2010, 11:38 PM
I was wondering about that boat....a side oiler with a Volvo??....:confused:

1970 427 ford side oiler volvo?????????????????????????????????

me too

LKSD
08-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Hmmm, What the heck...

I know this guy is selling his boat, but I was not aware of that listing, not the way it is being represented. Its representation is a bit askew..

The boat was here YEARS ago and those pics are not current, so I have no idea of the true current condition.. Maybe that is why he is trying to use pics that would lead one to believe it is or was just at my place.. I sent him those pics a long time ago, as I document everything I do.

I did not restore the boat..... :boggled:

I only did some deck and hatch work on the underside with glass mat where there were soft spots (not balsa core as, he didn't want the deck flipped and done, just rot removed and reinforced from the where there were soft spots were.)..:shocking::bonk:

I also replaced the fuel tank with a new epoxy coated aluminum one and repainted the bilge and deck underside with bilge coat.... That's all...

I did NOT do any mechanical work, Hell he didnt even want me to winterize it..

Thanks Mike & guys for bringing this to my attention.. I will be looking into why it is being represented in the fashion he listed.. :convertib:

I had a couple calls on it, now I know why.. I kind of thought something was up...

You would think that as the owner was a boat broker, he would have known to put in current pics and represented it better than that. My only opinion at this point is that it would seem there may be something to hide & the boat is now worse than when it was here needing things yet. He also must take me for a fool as well... BIG Mistake... :anchor::smash:

I would strongly recommend that anyone who may even be remotely interested in this boat to at this point to:..... DEFINITELY look at it in person and test run it on the water to see what the boat is really like.

My thought is that if he had finished the boat, or if it was even in the same condition as those pics from years ago that he would have put up current pics showing how it is now.

I am led to believe that he wants people to bother me with it or that I am brokering it for him, or that I will deal with any of its problems... Sadly mistaken.......:hangum:

Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
08-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Problem solved.. :yes:

CAPTBEACH
08-31-2010, 10:56 AM
This boat is very close to me...is it still for sale? Contact info?

LKSD
08-31-2010, 11:23 AM
I know who it is, but for many reasons we do not give out customer contact or personal info to the public for any reason. Regardless of if it is a past or present client.

Not sure if you read my prior post or the other posts from members in regards to that listing... ;)

Not trying to be rude, but I don't know what is really going on with that thing other than what I have posted.. Nor do I want any involvement with it, especially given the way in which it was listed.. ;) :) Jamie / Lakeside

CAPTBEACH
08-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Was he a member at one time? Could I get a message to him that way? Could you PM me concerns...this boat is close and could be a gem if done right...what kind of performance could be wrung out of a 427 Side Oiler?

Marlin275
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Some one close could check this out . . .
I don't need that engine
but others do . . .

mrfixxall
08-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Was he a member at one time? Could I get a message to him that way? Could you PM me concerns...this boat is close and could be a gem if done right...what kind of performance could be wrung out of a 427 Side Oiler?

try taking the reply to number and putting it in your To email and send him a email,,may still work..sale-p9w95-1846136004@craigslist.org

CAPTBEACH
08-31-2010, 09:55 PM
try taking the reply to number and putting it in your To email and send him a email,,may still work..sale-p9w95-1846136004@ceaigslist.org

Tried..did not work

Tidbart
09-01-2010, 07:04 AM
The address is spelled wrong. try .........@craigslist.org instead of ........ceaigslist.org