PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 18 2+3, $4,500 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
08-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Unusual color combination.

The ad claims it is original.

handfulz28
09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I guess we've lost some Gator fans since there were no comments on this one. :anchor: :anchor: :yes:

He lowered the price to $3900 but now it's on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-ft-Donzi-2-3-all-original-140-hours-no-reserve-/150490264229?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item2309eb32a5

I've seen it. I want it. But the auction will probably go for way more than I'm willing to pay.

thatgirl
09-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I have looked at this boat today. Needs everything steering frozen gimble frozen claims moter turns with wrench interir shot hull has damage from barincals will need new gel work/needs complete resto and i mean everying buy know you basicly are just buying the hull. Already past what its worth on ebay if aucition is legit.claims he wont take less then 4k
i guess we've lost some gator fans since there were no comments on this one. :anchor: :anchor: :yes:

He lowered the price to $3900 but now it's on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-ft-donzi-2-3-all-original-140-hours-no-reserve-/150490264229?cmd=viewitem&pt=power_motorboats&hash=item2309eb32a5

i've seen it. I want it. But the auction will probably go for way more than i'm willing to pay.

boatman2k2
09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes you did see it on that day. and offered me $2,500 when the auction was at $2,300 with 6 days left. of course my auction is legit!! and you can bad mouth the boat as much as you want. go buy the painted repaired restored one in Ft meyers you talked about. This is an all original boat and yes the colors are original from donzi (special order) Probably the only one in the world! there is not one rip in the interior. it is sun faded. the ORIGINAL 30 year old GELCOAT is faded but will buff out beautiful! and yes the ORIGINAL motor turns over freely the boat has 140 hours on the ORIGINAL clock. I don't care If the auction ends at $2,000 or $20,000 I will be happy knowing you sir will not be the owner!:anchor::anchor::anchor::anchor:

CAPTBEACH
09-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Are you the original owner? Was the hull bottom painted? If not I can assure that it almost certainly has hull blistering...if it has barnacle growth and sat in the water long enough to get a barnacle beard it probably has some hull blistering issues=gel coat on the bottom is useless, if the gel coat on the bottom is useless you might as well paint/re-gel the boat the color you want it to be...35 years as a salt water boater,a USCG captain, as well as safety inspector working with a marine surveyor I've seen just about everything...It is a project and someone out there who is a GATOR fan might appreciate it, but bear in mind its a project and a candidate for a resto/repaint and as such worth about what he offered you, especially without a trailer...JMHO

Now if it was a one off boat built for a Gator fan that was well taken care of, in bristol condition you might find another dyed in the wool Gator fan who'd pony up big bucks for it, but if the description of the boats condition if accurate...you've got a one off boat that was poorly taken care of and is now destined to be someones "project"...like I said...JMHO

boatman2k2
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes it had bottom paint on it most of it flaked off from sitting in dry dock its whole life,no I am not the original owner.I understand you might be a surveyor and a captain. but you did not look at it or survey it.and the guy that made the comments about it Is not either of those two titles. it does not matter if it is hot pink with sky blue pokadots it is all original I started this auction at a hundred dollarswith no reserve I am sory that it already past his budget 3 days in however I hope someon that wins the bid is very happy with this boat. so good luck bidders

CAPTBEACH
09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes it had bottom paint on it most of it flaked off from sitting in dry dock its whole life,no I am not the original owner.I understand you might be a surveyor and a captain. but you did not look at it or survey it.and the guy that made the comments about it Is not either of those two titles. it does not matter if it is hot pink with sky blue pokadots it is all original I started this auction at a hundred dollarswith no reserve I am sory that it already past his budget 3 days in however I hope someon that wins the bid is very happy with this boat. so good luck bidders

You mean sitting in an outside storage rack, dry stored, out in the rain, hurricanes, dirt, dust and florida sunshine baking that precious Gator gel coat all these years...vs dry dock...a dry dock is something you flood with water and float a large vessel in and pump the water out exposing the boat...how long have you been selling boats?

Some people don't have budgets...they buy real or perceived value...Armor-All ain't fixing that interior, its one good sized man sitting in it away from being pattern material for a new set, a little wet sanding ain't fixing that gel coat, while it may pick up some shine it wont look new or near new ever again or worthy of its "Gator" status ever again, the bottom is another story all together, barnacles on this jewel is all I needed to hear, the motor is suspect as well, sure maybe it turns over, it'll need a grand worth of gaskets, hoses and attention before anyone would dare cranking it up and running it even on a hose ...looking at your e-bay pics pretty hard its pretty evident to me based on those and the description of someone who was obviously interested in the boat or he would not have wasted HIS time that you have a project boat requiring $8-10K minimum cash and hundreds of hours in sweat equity that your trying to pass off as a one off gem...good luck...I am not interested ever so dont give me the you wont buy it cause I wont sell it to you garbage...LOL...now if it was Deep Dark Red and Gold...Go 'Noles...hmmmmmmm

boatman2k2
09-12-2010, 07:37 PM
wow thanks for all your attention on my boat.that I did not push off in any way as a "gem" but with all this controversy between the first guy who couldn't afford it and you the "expert" I have recieved twice as many hits on the auction today then yesterday. I have been dealing with storage repo's , insurance and salvage boats for over 12 years and I love it.I also am a licensed captain,a salvage diver,a home owner and I have a dog but none of that matters I also have a 25 ft martini with a 454 trs that I am going to sell next. It doesnt matter how you want to describe dry dock or storage rack or if it was on cynder blocks in some ones uncles back yard. it wasn't stored in the water for 30 years. what started this whole problem was some one questioning wether my auction was "legit" or not and putting this boat down because I wouldn't take there low ball offer. how you got involved in this I don't know. I never said I wasn't going to sell it to any one in particular. it's on ebay she could be anybody's

CAPTBEACH
09-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Lighten up dude...I was bustin your chops...do I want your boat...No, doesn't appeal to me...Like said if it was a Nole boat vs a gator boat we might be talking...I do see some promise in the hull...its the basis for a strong project, but you gotta admit...its a little rough...a lot rough...sure its a one off gel coat, probably some rich doc bought it for his kid to get laid in college with...Ohhhh Coool Tommy's got a cool Gator boat...sadly it was left to rot...and now you get to sell it...and hopefully make some jack...nothing wrong with that...but look around and see what the market is bringing on "projects" ... there are some turn key classics out there for not much more than your looking to cash in on with this one...

Right now its sitting at $2650, a $150 more than he offered you 3 and a half days ago...we'll see just how high it goes...on my watch list now...

thatgirl
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
I did not put your donzi down at all i was just trying to let my donzi brothers know the real deal on the boat. I owned a marina in the early 80s and was a dealer for new regals, appachee,cobalt.stamas.and sonic.i have build and restored more boats then you will ever dream about.don arnow and bob sicenti built boats for me personaly.iwas raised on thunder boat row with the best of them.i was the one who told you the boat was on this site.i did not low ball you and belive me i can afford it. I just call them as i see them. If you have any doubt you can goggle me anthony galgano i am the real deal i dont need a license plate to think it.

CAPTBEACH
09-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Ummmm YUP...Sounds like the real deal...thanks for looking at it for us...what I've kept saying is based on the pics, 30 years in the sun, the neglect and time this is a project and as such should bring a "project" price...he should have said naw...I can appreciate your concerns but I cant accept that offer right now...I don't think its going to go much more than what is at right now...yup...still at $2650

BUIZILLA
09-13-2010, 07:59 AM
you can goggle me anthony galgano goggle is your friend... >> read part ways down >> Ribfellas - Page 1 - News - Broward/Palm Beach - Broward-Palm Beach New Times (http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2000-12-07/news/ribfellas/)

cutwater
09-13-2010, 09:45 AM
goggle is your friend... >> read part ways down >> Ribfellas - Page 1 - News - Broward/Palm Beach - Broward-Palm Beach New Times (http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/2000-12-07/news/ribfellas/)

"...served a year in prison for his role in an international boat-theft ring that originated in a Fort Lauderdale marina."

That won't make you many friends around here...

cutwater
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
The boat might not be in good shape, but it's not grossly mis-represented, either. Any serious buyer is going to notice the flaws, and should go check the boat out in person. Whatever happened to ads being sacred?? :smash:

'thatgirl'... The eBay auction is already going for more than you were willing to pay. Being a businessman of international notoriety yourself, do you really blame him for not taking your offer?

CAPTBEACH... Remind me again which dog you entered into this fight? If you are able surmise all your opinions from the auction photos, don't you think the rest of us can do the same? I'm pretty sure there are a BUNCH of guys on this forum who don't need your help...

rchevelle71
09-13-2010, 10:37 AM
I did not put your donzi down at all i was just trying to let my donzi brothers know the real deal on the boat. I owned a marina in the early 80s and was a dealer for new regals, appachee,cobalt.stamas.and sonic.i have build and restored more boats then you will ever dream about.don arnow and bob sicenti built boats for me personaly.iwas raised on thunder boat row with the best of them.i was the one who told you the boat was on this site.i did not low ball you and belive me i can afford it. I just call them as i see them. If you have any doubt you can goggle me anthony galgano i am the real deal i dont need a license plate to think it.

Not defending this guy, but there is more misspelled works and names in that reply than I have ever seen in one place:bonk:

appachee = Apache
don arnow =Aronow
bob sicenti =Saccenti

Just Say N20
09-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry I posted the ad.

Just trying to get available Donzi's out there for anyone interested.

It is what it is. If you are interested, check it out. Decide what it would be worth to you to own it. If you can buy it for that amount, buy it. If the asking price is more than you perceive the value to you to be, don't buy it.

First hand observations can be helpful. I would like to suggest that if someone on the site has gone and looked at a boat, and decided not to purchase it for some reason, they put a post in the tread saying something like, "I have gone and checked out this boat in person. If anyone is interested in my observations, contact me and we can discuss it offline."

That would help interested parties, and hopefully not lead to these "My dad can beat up your Dad" exchanges.

exzebra
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Not defending this guy, but there is more misspelled works and names in that reply than I have ever seen in one place:bonk:

appachee = Apache
don arnow =Aronow
bob sicenti =Saccenti

When correcting spelling we should always attempt to use good grammar!:)

exzebra
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM

Always check the spelling in your caption too!:)

cutwater
09-13-2010, 12:43 PM

lol... now that's funny! good catch :)

maddad
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Whatever happened to ads being sacred?? :smash:
I noticed that sticky was gone yesterday when I first read this.

rchevelle71
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM

OK, I am busted, but just bustin' chops since anyone growing up on powerboat row should be able to at least spell Apache, the misspelled last names I could understand, but APACHE???:eek:

handfulz28
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM
since there were no comments on this one. :anchor: :anchor: :yes:

:popcorn:

Not exactly the direction I thought the comments would go.... :boggled:

But entertaining none the less...:anchor:

NJFASTECH
09-14-2010, 07:11 AM
It would look good restored hooked to the back of a prevost at the stadium tailgating.

exzebra
09-14-2010, 09:16 AM
It would look good restored hooked to the back of a prevost at the stadium tailgating.

Just take out the upholstry, etc. and make it a giant beer cooler for those hot Gainesville tailgates!:beer:

thatgirl
09-14-2010, 04:48 PM
sorry for the missed spelled words I was aggravated when I typed that reply

tmh
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Please stop with the spelling and grammar comments. Many of us have become dependent on spell check. What do you expect from a $2-3k boat?

Have some courtesy when someone posts a boat for sale. Some arguments are humorous but I feel bad for the way the seller was treated from the threads I read. I had to check my spelling of humorous as it was incorrect. It's a good thing I'm not selling a boat or I could never have been trusted.
T.M. Hayes

thatgirl
09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
at least i didnt misspell the word word

appachee = Apache
don arnow =Aronow
bob sicenti =Saccenti

NJFASTECH
09-16-2010, 05:02 AM
"I also have a 25 ft martini with a 454 trs that I am going to sell next."
Could send me some pics of the Corsa please

boatman2k2
09-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I am new to this site so I don't know how to send pictures yet if you give me your email I could send the pics that way, I also have a alpha one out drive with a speedmaster looking lower unit (has the bullet shape front cone) looks really nice . got some jack plates,high back racing seats,two man stand up bolster and a hydraulic steering system for twin #6 drives:nilly:

NJFASTECH
09-17-2010, 06:15 AM
I am new to this site so I don't know how to send pictures yet if you give me your email I could send the pics that way, I also have a alpha one out drive with a speedmaster looking lower unit (has the bullet shape front cone) looks really nice . got some jack plates,high back racing seats,two man stand up bolster and a hydraulic steering system for twin #6 drives:nilly:

JKFORMULA@msn.com
Please send some pics of the drive also and don't forget to add your asking price.

Thanks,Jim

CAPTBEACH
09-24-2010, 02:59 PM
What happened? Boat sold on Ebay for $4K+ and now re-listed? Whats up wit dat?

86fxst
09-24-2010, 04:57 PM
What happened? Boat sold on Ebay for $4K+ and now re-listed? Whats up wit dat?
Probably a Dead Beat Bidder!:shocking:

fogducker III
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Seems strange, auction ended LATE on the 16th, states, 7 days to pay and new auction started EARLY on the 20th...? Plus the next high bidder was higher then the new starting price.....Shilling I would say......:boggled:

BUIZILLA
09-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Seems strange, auction ended LATE on the 16th, states, 7 days to pay and new auction started EARLY on the 20th...? Plus the next high bidder was higher then the new starting price.....Shilling I would say......:boggled: a big 10-4

boatman2k2
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
boat jumped from 3,000 to 4,400 in the last 3 minutes buyer contacted me the next day and said he was comming tomorow,called that following day and said he can,t buy it. I sent a second chance offer to runner up bidder who never responded so I reposted it again, started it at the same $100 dollar opening bid but with a buy it now at 3,750 got a bunch of bids the first day and a trickle over the last few days. but not "shilling" at all:kingme:

thatgirl
09-30-2010, 11:09 PM
okay donzi brothers.I just bought this boat for $125.00 more then my so called low ball offer.after all that nonsense.seller got a fair price and i am happy to have the boat. i will post pictures of the restoration as it progresses.
how about that captian can i call them.i am proud to be a donzi owner again.oh by the way i have a 19 foot sidewinder forsale thanks tony g