PDA

View Full Version : Tab Cable Length

BlakeSullivan
08-24-2010, 02:37 PM
I am installing trim tab indicators on my 1996 22 balckhawk, and locating the livorsi unit just to the right of the wheel but need to know the length of the cables to order, I have the Kiekhaefer tabs and will be using the standard 33C cables. Thanks for any help Blake Sullivan

BlownCrewCab
08-24-2010, 04:41 PM
You really want to spend a few Xtra Dollars and get Stainless Marines "No Slack" Cables. The Standard 33c Cable Has 1/4" of slack between the Cable and Case. Your tabs could move 1" or more before the indicator moves on the dash. the No Slack Cables have a spring built in to one end and always pulls the slack out. otherwise with a standard cable if you go from trimming up to trimming down (Max Slack situation) you could possibly get 2" movement at the tip of the tab that you don't even know about.....Get the Good Stuff.....

Dr. David Fleming
08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Blake - I went through this on my 22ZX - Fred Ortega at Livorsi can talk you through the rigging process if you need more detailed help. What he told me was to measure the route the cable will run when you get into the engine compartment where things loop around - get some stiff wire or cord and lay it the path you choose then add 12" for the cable outside the hull. Measure all this and it is your length. If you have an old set of factory cables they should have a tag marking the length that the factory puts on them.