PDA

View Full Version : south florida trailer co.

larry9901
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
I have a south florida trailer co. trailer with a brake system that is full of salty corroded parts.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of this company or know what kind of brake components might be on this trailer?

I googled the company and came up with a phone number that was disconnected.

Thanks in advance for your help,
larry

gcarter
08-23-2010, 04:33 PM
There's lots of trailer companies out of business.
Fortunately for you, they all use the same hardware.
There're a few here, like Buizilla, that know all about trailer hardware.
Maybe they'll pipe up.

Tidbart
08-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Hydraulic or electric? Disc or drum?A name off the master cylinder would be a good start. Dico, Atwood, Tie-Down.......

Some photos may help also.

Like George said, all the trailer companies use third-party brake parts. Should be easy to find who made them and get replacement parts.

Bob

larry9901
08-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Hydraulic or electric? Disc or drum?A name off the master cylinder would be a good start. Dico, Atwood, Tie-Down.......

Some photos may help also.

Like George said, all the trailer companies use third-party brake parts. Should be easy to find who made them and get replacement parts.

Bob

They are hydraulic and disc.
Im not near the trailer right now so I dont have any photos or names off the master cylinder.
Good point though. I should have had more info for you guys. I'll get on it.

LArry

BUIZILLA
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
So Fla Trailers was bought out by Real Extreme Trailers in an asset (very little) bulk sale a couple years back... I have a RE trailer under my Critter, and under my old LE, both have been 100% trouble free for about 15k miles now, but a small measure of their customers haven't been so satisfied, and they are located across the Xway from me....

with all that said, virtually all the parts come from a couple sources... let's face it, aluminum is aluminum, how it is bent, measured, and bolted/welded together separates one Co. from another... you probably have Tie Down Eng. brakes, up until recently even their plastic parts rusted.. there are some good mail order sources such as > Trailer Parts Superstore - Recreational, Commercial & Industrial Equipment (http://about<b></b>:blank)

another board member, Madpoodle, can get you stuff from Waterland/Continental Trailers if you prefer a more personal transaction, Waterland will NOT sell to the public..

Tidbart and myself spent a CONSIDERABLE amount of time designing his new trailer, built by All American Trailers in Ft Lauderdale, and I gotta say I love how it came out..

Right now AmeriTrail has the best (IMO) overall layout and build quality / price considered.

your opinion may vary.. :shades:

decalsbyblondie
08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Larry, go over and see Steve Zinner he should have the parts you need to repair your trailer.

Chris

larry9901
08-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help guys. very helpful.