PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how high the 28ZX sit on the trailer?

Selenium
08-22-2010, 11:00 PM
My garage is 7 3/4 feet high x 10 feet wide x 30++ feet deep. I'm just curious if it will fits into my garage, I'm most concern about the height with trailer.

The Hedgehog
08-23-2010, 01:44 AM
My garage is 7 3/4 feet high x 10 feet wide x 30++ feet deep. I'm just curious if it will fits into my garage, I'm most concern about the height with trailer.

I put one in a 10X30 storage building. You may be close on the height. It will also vary a little depending on how the bunks are set.

Drop Fishin Sucks a line. He has one in his garage. If he does not speak up, drop me a line and I will try to get them from Last Real Texan. My 26ZX should be close but it is on a boat lift right now.

Tidbart
08-23-2010, 07:11 AM
My 22 on the trailer is about 31' long. My guess is that it will not fit in a 30' garage. 36 to 38' would be a rough guess.

B

CJmike
08-23-2010, 07:13 AM
Just over 8' to top of windshield on mine. It won't fit under an 8' door. Might be different for a stepped hull or different windshield. Mine has the race fairing.

The Hedgehog
08-23-2010, 08:43 AM
My 22 on the trailer is about 31' long. My guess is that it will not fit in a 30' garage. 36 to 38' would be a rough guess.

B

My 26 has a long trailer and will fit under 30.

Selenium
08-23-2010, 10:23 AM
My Garage is a double tandem so I have about 60' deep, I just have to move things around. It sounds like the height of 7 3/4' is going to be close.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-23-2010, 10:48 AM

I have a boat storage facility with 88 of the 12'x30' stalls. I have never seen a 28' fit into one after 15 years of doing business. Everything is contingent on how the trailer is set up - long tongue, etc. The outdrive itself adds quite a bit of length. Concerning height, you might have a problem with a normal garage (my stalls have a 9' 8" entry clearance). There is an easy way to see if it will fit - just try it unless your boat is quite a way from your house. Measuring the height of your windshield sounds easy, but I have had many customers guess it wrong. Get a helper and hold a straight edge with a level at the top point and the helper can measure from the ground. Bill

Selenium
08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I have a boat storage facility with 88 of the 12'x30' stalls. I have never seen a 28' fit into one after 15 years of doing business. Everything is contingent on how the trailer is set up - long tongue, etc. The outdrive itself adds quite a bit of length. Concerning height, you might have a problem with a normal garage (my stalls have a 9' 8" entry clearance). There is an easy way to see if it will fit - just try it unless your boat is quite a way from your house. Measuring the height of your windshield sounds easy, but I have had many customers guess it wrong. Get a helper and hold a straight edge with a level at the top point and the helper can measure from the ground. Bill

I don't have the 28ZX yet...planning on buying one...but curious if it will fit into my garage.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-23-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't have the 28ZX yet...planning on buying one...but curious if it will fit into my garage.

I now realize that you are the guy looking to buy one in another thread. Unless you have already made the deal, there is a real nice one here in north Texas that one of my customer's son-in-law is selling. If you want, I could get the details. It is black with twin 350 mags if I remember correctly. Let me know and I can make a couple phone calls. Bill

The Hedgehog
08-23-2010, 01:21 PM

Now that I think about it, mine is probably 10 x 35. It is important I can measure it. Tex's 28 fit in with inches to spare.
Sounds like height is critical here. Mine and Tex's seem to be right around 8'.

Selenium
08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I now realize that you are the guy looking to buy one in another thread. Unless you have already made the deal, there is a real nice one here in north Texas that one of my customer's son-in-law is selling. If you want, I could get the details. It is black with twin 350 mags if I remember correctly. Let me know and I can make a couple phone calls. Bill

Hi Bill,

I have not commit to any deal yet. Catch22 on this board just checked one out for me in Ft. Lauderdale, he sent me some pictures and I need need to talk with him about whether to pursuit it or not. Could you get me more details on this black boat? You can email it to me at my350touring@yahoo.com

Selenium
08-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Now that I think about it, mine is probably 10 x 35. It is important I can measure it. Tex's 28 fit in with inches to spare.
Sounds like height is critical here. Mine and Tex's seem to be right around 8'.

Hedgehog,

If you have free time could you measure it for me, I will take another measurement of my garage.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Bill,

I have not commit to any deal yet. Catch22 on this board just checked one out for me in Ft. Lauderdale, he sent me some pictures and I need need to talk with him about whether to pursuit it or not. Could you get me more details on this black boat? You can email it to me at my350touring@yahoo.com

I will try to get the info tomorrow. Bill

The Hedgehog
08-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Hedgehog,

If you have free time could you measure it for me, I will take another measurement of my garage.

I am a few thousand miles from mine right now. I dropped a line to Tex, he will get us the numbers from his in the am.

The Hedgehog
08-25-2010, 09:39 AM
7'8".

The all set a little different on the bunks so call it 8. 7'6" = yikes. You pretty have to measure each boat.

Selenium
08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
7'8".

The all set a little different on the bunks so call it 8. 7'6" = yikes. You pretty have to measure each boat.

Thx Hedgehog...that will be cutting super close. I guess it will vary with the type of trailer too. Thx for the information.

VetteLT193
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
varies heavily on trailer type. I am very confident mine is taller than that, but sits high on the trailer. Changing the trailer setup wouldn't be hard to get more clearance though, at least on my trailer.

I'm also not sure if there is a height difference between the fairing and windshield.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Bill,

I just emailed you with the information about the 28ZX that is for sale here. Let me know the outcome if you get a chance. Bill

Selenium
08-26-2010, 05:25 PM
I just emailed you with the information about the 28ZX that is for sale here. Let me know the outcome if you get a chance. Bill

Thx Bill.

Conquistador_del_mar
09-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Thx Bill.

Did you have a chance to talk to Brandon about his 28ZX? Bill

FISHIN SUCKS
09-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Our garage opening is 83" (6' 11") and our 28zx will fit into our garage while connected to the truck with 3" to spare. The length of our garage is 30' 9" and the only way to fit this baby into the garage is to lower the outdrives all the way down, turn hard to starboard, and slide the tongue of the trailer into the frame of the trailer (remove 4 bolts, loosen 4 bolts on the boat winch tower, and loosen the 4 bolts on the jackstand to slide). The tongue sounds like a pain in the azz, but it really is not. I have an aluminum frame trailer with a steel tongue. I do know that our windscreen is lower than that of the standard/stock windshield on the 28zx. How much? maybe 6"? not for sure. I do know this, with height being an issue, you can lower your jack completely (or even collapse it completely with the tongue on the ground), hook your safety chains to your hitch, and use your vehicle to push it into the garage (provided the chains are short enough so that you do not dent your tailgate). We had to do this with our old 24'Blackwidow, it actually stood taller from the ground than our 28zx.

Selenium
09-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Did you have a chance to talk to Brandon about his 28ZX? Bill

Yes, thx for the info.