PDA

View Full Version : Success

Jraysray
08-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Steve F Here it is! You owe me 19.99 for the bolt cutters. My boat is ur boat ur boat is my boat.....

gcarter
08-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Scott, What is this??????????

Was the 18's engine install so overwhelming that you gave up
and traded for a deck boat? :wink:

BlownCrewCab
08-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Scott, What is this??????????

Was the 18's engine install so overwhelming that you gave up
and traded for a deck boat? :wink:

I'm sure there are some threads coming up in the near future with names like "Whats the Biggest Motor I can put in a Deck Boat" Or "Whats the Highest X Dim ever use on a Deck Boat" Or "Deck Boats & Arneson Drives" :)

Jraysray
08-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Thats Fegetts DONZI Deck boat. I will let him elaborate if he feels like it. Poor guy has been thru the ringer. And yes I feel a big engine thread is needed cause this one has a nice one almost done.

mrfixxall
08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Sounds like jray came to the rescue on another members boat..Mabe got it out of a dead beat's yard!! good one jray :)

fegettes
08-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Scott,

You are a life saver. I owe you big time.

Now for some history.

I work in Phoenix, but home and the referenced boat is in Kemah, Texas, Galveston County.

I found what I thought was a good/reliable boat mechanic last Christmas, and left my Donzi Sport with him last March to change out the 260 HP/350 CI with an approx. 450 HP stroker motor, and to install thru hull exhaust. The estimate time for change out was two weeks, three weeks max. ...Well, things did not go well. The engine was changed and the thru hull exhaust was installed, but this is where everything seemed to stop, nothing had been connected. After six weeks, efforts were made just to get my boat back. I left voice mails, e-mails, and messages to just get my boat back, but nothing was returned. Eventually, I even contacted the local Police Dept., the Justice of the Peace, and a lawyer in reference to what can I do to get this boat back. The story gets long, but since I willfully left my boat with the mechanic, I could not report it stolen, and it then became a civil matter, and from here I would have to hire a lawyer and initiate a law suit.

Scott, my good friend, helped me out. Last Saturday, he did a little detective work and was able to contact the boat mechanic. Scott told him that I had reported it stolen and there was a warrant for his arrest and there was a detective looking for him, and the best way to resolve the issue would be to relinquish the boat to him so he could return it to me and theft charges would be dropped. The mechanic was quick to turn it over to Scott and the boat is finally back in my storage shed after six months. A little unconventional, but effective, and since I started this transaction with $1600 for parts, he didn't ask for anything more.

Now, if I could just find a reliable boat mechanic to finish the installation that would be great.

Thank you Scott.

The Hedgehog
08-23-2010, 11:28 PM
That is a tough story. Good ending though. Nice work.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Sometimes you have to think outside the box and play trump cards with a bluff to get things to go the right way - it sounds like you guys did it with the least aggravation - :yes:. Onwards! Bill

Marvair
08-24-2010, 04:53 PM
My Grampa Maceo refered to that as a "White Lie" and used it when necessary....Well played!!!

Marvin.

Mr X
09-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Scott,

You are a life saver. I owe you big time.

Now for some history.

I work in Phoenix, but home and the referenced boat is in Kemah, Texas, Galveston County.

I found what I thought was a good/reliable boat mechanic last Christmas, and left my Donzi Sport with him last March to change out the 260 HP/350 CI with an approx. 450 HP stroker motor, and to install thru hull exhaust. The estimate time for change out was two weeks, three weeks max. ...Well, things did not go well. The engine was changed and the thru hull exhaust was installed, but this is where everything seemed to stop, nothing had been connected. After six weeks, efforts were made just to get my boat back. I left voice mails, e-mails, and messages to just get my boat back, but nothing was returned. Eventually, I even contacted the local Police Dept., the Justice of the Peace, and a lawyer in reference to what can I do to get this boat back. The story gets long, but since I willfully left my boat with the mechanic, I could not report it stolen, and it then became a civil matter, and from here I would have to hire a lawyer and initiate a law suit.

Scott, my good friend, helped me out. Last Saturday, he did a little detective work and was able to contact the boat mechanic. Scott told him that I had reported it stolen and there was a warrant for his arrest and there was a detective looking for him, and the best way to resolve the issue would be to relinquish the boat to him so he could return it to me and theft charges would be dropped. The mechanic was quick to turn it over to Scott and the boat is finally back in my storage shed after six months. A little unconventional, but effective, and since I started this transaction with $1600 for parts, he didn't ask for anything more.

Now, if I could just find a reliable boat mechanic to finish the installation that would be great.

Thank you Scott.
Man, what a story, so glad you got your boat back!
I am trying to find one of these Donzi deck boats for my friend.
If anyone knows of one , please PM me. Thanks!

BigGrizzly
09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
nice going Scott and Steve.