PDA

View Full Version : Big bird.....

fogducker III
08-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Took my son and his friend to a local birds of prey refuge yesterday, very impressive stuff. We have eagles, hawks, owls etc all over the place but rarely get up this close. They even had a flying demonstartion, the Perrigren falcon was FAST....:yes:

McGary911
08-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Pretty cool, and some great pics. You took that first one? If so, really great pic.

That owl is kooky lookin' :eek:

Cuda
08-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I have many birds of prey around here. Eagles, owls, and several kinds of hawks. This morning I saw a Cooper Hawk. It's only the third one I've seen in six years. I have 388,000 acres of the Ocala National Forest just across the bridge from me, and 28,000 acres of the Jim Woodruff Wildlife Sanctuary behind me one block away.

fogducker III
08-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Pretty cool, and some great pics. You took that first one? If so, really great pic.

That owl is kooky lookin' :eek:

My 13 year old son Jake took all the pics....he will be pleased with the compliment....:wink:

Inspiring animals to say the least.....

HOWARD O
08-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Those are AWESOME photos. What impressive creatures.

We are thick with Ospreys here, both feathered and motorized. The birds have huge nests on all the channel markers around here and real fun to watch catching fish. Down the road we have MCAS Cherry Point, which in addition to Harriers, have V-22 Ospreys. Both kinds of Ospreys are always flying over my house.

HOWARD O
08-21-2010, 05:47 PM
My 13 year old son Jake took all the pics....he will be pleased with the compliment....:wink:

Inspiring animals to say the least.....

He's a good photographer! :yes:

GBond
08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes, great photo's! Howard, Been in your neck of the woods on three different occasions, supporting VMR1 with their C-9's.
Not much in Havelock, but did enjoy the Newbern area, plenty of good choices for seafood.