PDA

View Full Version : NADA Book Values

Boatingdobbins
08-20-2010, 10:45 AM
What is the best source for determining the market price for a Donzi? Is the information available on line on NADA viewed by members as a good indicator?

Nmbr1GMfan
08-20-2010, 06:04 PM
From what I have found, Its whatever they are selling for that week. These boats seem to bring a price higher than any value guide.

deanco
08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
The NADA guide book isn't bad as it lists the available stock options that came with the boat. Mine has a low retail value of $9500 and a high value of $11,000. The value is really what someone is looking for and willing to pay for what they want. It took me 5 months to find mine - I found it on the Registry they day it was posted and bought it immediately. For example, many will tell you the boat is this or that and its got a this fantasy problem (these OMC Cobras have a shifter cable problem easily fixed as new for $500 - after 12 years of use) or that but that's all b.s. Anyone that calls to discuss price without first seeing the boat is wasting your time. Although my boat is a 1993 - 17 years old - the engine was refurbished with only 175 hours on it. It is like a classic Corvette, in as perfect condition as a well maintained classic machine can be. And it certainly runs as good and fast as the $53,000 brand new plastic ones they make now. These same detractor-buyers insult you with low ball offers but $9,250 for a boat that goes 70 is my price. Is it worth it? You bet. Try finding another one. My point is, unless you are absolutely desperate, stick to your guns and base the value on its uniqueness (mine has no pipes for example and is super quiet) and the right Donzi buyer. Good luck.. Dean