PDA

View Full Version : 1965 260 V8 Interceptor + Eaton Outdrive

69Fabuglas
08-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Hello all,
I'm a vintage fiberglass boat enthusiast, but not a Donzi owner (yet?).
In researching the engine/outdrive I have, I ran across this site. I tried to get the site administrator to post this ad for me- so I didn't have to "spam" you guys... but I may have something of interest for early Donzi-Owners.
I parted out a friend's 1965 Glasspar V17 several years ago- after a tree fell and crushed the gunwale. The boat was an operating unit (in the water) when he bought it. When my friend purchased the boat- he was told the drive had been reworked- but to what extent I'm not sure. Unfortunately, he wasn't a boat-guy and didn't realize the poor condition of the transom and floor.
I do not want to part this item out on eBay... I want it go to someone building a classic. It would be a shame to split it up.
I have the good-running 260 Ford Interceptor V8 engine. I have personally had it running on the rolling cart it sits on now, and can start it at any time with a few hookups (battery, fuel hose, jumper to coil). It is stored in the "engine-room" of my shop, so it's not one of those that sat in a field languishing for 20 years.
http://www.raylinrestoration.com/BoatStuff/Interceptor/images/DSC04021.jpg
I also have the complete 165HP Eaton Outdrive. All the brackets and mounting bolts, plus the tilt-unit still operates. I have the original tilt-switch (which is a 1963-1964 Studebaker Lark Switch by the way!). Even the prop is in good shape. I'm not real familiar with I/O systems- but am certainly willing to inspect, photograph, and answer any questions required.
Also included is the steering (a Ride-Guide rack-type), all the engine controls, Morse side-mount shifter & cables, mufflers (look new), Gauge-Cluster, and wiring harness.
$1000 takes it all
Here is a PHOTO GALLERY (http://www.raylinrestoration.com/BoatStuff/Interceptor/index.htm) of everything:

cutwater
08-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Hello - Thanks for the post. I am extremely interested. Do you know the particular model of Eaton outdrive?John

69Fabuglas
08-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Hello - Thanks for the post. I am extremely interested. Do you know the particular model of Eaton outdrive?John

Sorry... no... but if you'll tell me where to look, I'll try to get numbers or better photos from angles that may help identify it.
Anyone know what to look for? Perhaps a serial number, part numbers, or ID tag? All I ever looked at was the 165HP tags on the upper. Paid more attention to the engine..

I looked over the outdrive today- searching for model numbers or markings. I didn't find much. Most parts didn't even have a part#.
The aluminum housing with the mounting "ears" had this part # cast into it: E 25569
The mounting ears themselves had part# 1801 OR 1081 upside-down??? there was no way to tell..
The prop had these (2) part# 149J and 579E
The plastic emblems on either side of the drive are illegible. You can barely make out : 165 and V8.