PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on this 98 28 ZX?

Selenium
08-18-2010, 03:04 AM
http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1998_donzi_28zx_102944715_27

Tidbart
08-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Didn't list hours, didn't list a price, used car salesman. Pictures look nice.
If I was interested, I would have it surveyed. It obviously wasn't babied.

BTW, welcome aboard.

CJmike
08-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Windshield looks bent.

Selenium
08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Didn't list hours, didn't list a price, used car salesman. Pictures look nice.
If I was interested, I would have it surveyed. It obviously wasn't babied.

BTW, welcome aboard.

The Price is $25K, I have to call to see what the hrs are. Uphostery looks a bit used to me. I thought the windshield looked funny...is it suppose to be like that?

boxy
08-18-2010, 10:11 AM
The windshield is definetly bent, in some of the pics you can see that it wasn't always like that. The 28zx's and the 26zx's were missing a strut in the middle, and they could get bent pretty easy by someone climbing over the dash to get to the bow.....

The Hedgehog
08-18-2010, 10:19 AM
I would lose the windshield and put on a fairing. Not cheap but turned out great on Tom W's boat.

fasttrucker
08-18-2010, 10:29 AM
price is right but its in wa

Tidbart
08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Price is about retail. I would subtract for the windshield $$. Interior looks decent, remember it is 12 years old and looking at the photos, it didn't spend a lot of time in the garage. The guy obviously used it to its fullest.

I would also want all the maintenance records, a test drive, and a survey. You may be able to get into a nice boat for $20-25k or, you may have to spend some dough to get it right.

You won't know until you look at it.

B

Selenium
08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
thanks for all your inputs....I think will spend more time looking for the right boat for the price. Let me know of a good deal on a 28 zx. I just started the process to look for a 28 ZX.

Selenium
08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Sorry guys but I'm new to Donzi....what about this one....it looks in way better shape single big block engine.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Donzi-28-ZX/115124221

fasttrucker
08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry guys but I'm new to Donzi....what about this one....it looks in way better shape single big block engine.

http://www.boats.com/boat-details/Donzi-28-ZX/115124221
Man you are finding nice donzi that got a 500hp and hyd. sterring and nice looking k-planes .I would buy it for sure offer $25,000.

BUIZILLA
08-19-2010, 10:48 AM
dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CJmike
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I would buy that one...

Thats cheap.

Selenium
08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Engine is rebuild couple yrs ago with 400 hrs on it. All records. The boat has gotten 3 owners and has been stored and sold my the same salesman for the last 4 yrs. He sending me more details. I looked at the pixs and it looked fine...but he says the engine cushion and the bench seat could use reupholstery. He says it's fine as is but something I may want to do later. The last guys used it in saltwater and stored it indoor at their facility. Will update you guys with my progress.

Cuda
08-19-2010, 01:39 PM
The only thing is I think a 28 foot boat needs twins. A 26 with a single is pushing it.

Selenium
08-19-2010, 04:05 PM
So having 1 engine (big block 500hp) should that be a concern at all? I've been reading...1 big block 500 hp vs. 2 small blocks 300hp/each was just a matter of preference. Maintainance and having a backup....I'm sure you can agrue on this issue forever. I just want to know if one engine is capable....I would think it is since it came out of the factory that way.

Selenium
08-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Is this stuff just cosmetics that can be fixed?

Selenium
08-19-2010, 06:55 PM
some more close up.

Tidbart
08-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Is this stuff just cosmetics that can be fixed?

Anything can be fixed. The upholstery can be fixed, either replace a panel or whole thing. Rub rail can be replaced or buffed out. Not sure what you are looking at on the drive. The yellow piece could be painted black:)

My concerns would be the engine and drive. Mechanically sound?

Hull looks good.

B

Selenium
08-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Of course the drive system needs to be in sound condition. He gave me the mechanic phone to talk with and of course I will have to send out my own mechanic to look it over before any purchase. In your rough estimate how much for all the cosmetics stuff above:

1. Re-upholstery everything seats, bench, engine cover (maybe side panel)
2. Guard
3. What about the stain?

Tidbart
08-19-2010, 07:40 PM
1. Re-upholstery everything seats, bench, engine cover (maybe side panel)
2. Guard
3. What about the stain?

1. Haven't had to do any re-upholstering, so someone else will chime in.
2. Guard? Assuming you mean the rub rail? I would clean it and leave it alone.
3. Stain, assume you mean the one in the upholstery? Try some cleaners or replace the panel. Talk to the upholsterer.

Cuda
08-19-2010, 07:55 PM
So having 1 engine (big block 500hp) should that be a concern at all? I've been reading...1 big block 500 hp vs. 2 small blocks 300hp/each was just a matter of preference. Maintainance and having a backup....I'm sure you can agrue on this issue forever. I just want to know if one engine is capable....I would think it is since it came out of the factory that way.
A 28 foot boat won't be as fast as two sbc's vs 1 HP 500. I't won't handle as well either,

Selenium
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Tidbart,

I mean the fiberglass stain at the rear of the boat the yellowish stuff...will that all come out with a good buff?

Selenium
08-20-2010, 01:22 AM
I talked to the Mechanic he told me he rebuided the head and no pistons work so it was a semi rebuild, boat has about 150 hrs since the semi rebuild. He's going to look at the boat again on Sunday. Here's what the engine looks like now.

Selenium
08-20-2010, 01:24 AM
pixs

Selenium
08-20-2010, 01:28 AM
more pixs

boxy
08-20-2010, 05:36 AM
A 28 foot boat won't be as fast as two sbc's vs 1 HP 500. I't won't handle as well either,

Cuda, how many single engine 26 and 28zx's have you been in?

I can't speak to the 28 zx, but I know Hedge can. I have spent a bunch of time in a 26 zx in adverse conditions. The single 26 zx is a great riding boat that runs way above it's head, and in listening to the guys who are running single 28 zx's, they also perform well as a single. Your CoG is lower with one engine and the boat is better balanced.

Cuda
08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
I can't speak to the 28 zx, but I know Hedge can. I have spent a bunch of time in a 26 zx in adverse conditions. The single 26 zx is a great riding boat that runs way above it's head, and in listening to the guys who are running single 28 zx's, they also perform well as a single. Your CoG is lower with one engine and the boat is better balanced.
Hedge's puts out more horsepower too. I've owned a 26 single and it didn't handle well at all. It's even worse at the dock. Do you really expect someone who owns a boat tell you it's an ill handling boat? A 28 Pantera single doesn't handle as well as one with twins. I have ridden in both.

boxy
08-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Hedge's puts out more horsepower too. I've owned a 26 single and it didn't handle well at all. It's even worse at the dock.
A 26zx?

I have run in a 26zx in the 1000 Islands Poker Run. We were the smallest boat in the 140 boat fleet, and in those conditions if you gave me the choice between a 26zx and a 35zr, I'd take the 26zx....

Tidbart
08-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Tidbart,

I mean the fiberglass stain at the rear of the boat the yellowish stuff...will that all come out with a good buff?

You are talking around the drive? That will come out. Generally, any stain can be taken out of the gelcoat. Either by buffing or wet sanding and then buffing. If it is a different gelcoat, meaning it was a repair, that is a different story.

B

Tidbart
08-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Let me say this, that is a lot of nice hardware for under $30K.
With some sweat equity, you could really clean this boat up. Looks like a nice find. Take it for a test drive and see how she runs.

How come people don't clean their bilges?:bonk:

Bob

Selenium
08-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys...but I got a third option which I'm leaning towards for 39k. It's funny like house shopping...pushing the budget to the max as you see more houses. Anyway, I'm leaning toawrd the 3rd options:

1. 2002, low hrs, and boat is in good condition.
2. The previous boat was ran hard and not well taken care of.
3. Previous boat + sweat equity to make it looks nice = This one in terms of price, I get a newer boat, low hrs, and cleaner boat.

2002 Donzi ZX 28
Twin Mercruiser 350MAG MPI Bravo
Captains Choice Exhaust
270 hours

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2244389&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=marinewholesalers&&ywo=marinewholesalers&

Tidbart
08-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry guys...but I got a third option which I'm leaning towards for 39k. It's funny like house shopping...pushing the budget to the max as you see more houses. Anyway, I'm leaning toawrd the 3rd options:

1. 2002, low hrs, and boat is in good condition.
2. The previous boat was ran hard and not well taken care of.
3. Previous boat + sweat equity to make it looks nice = This one in terms of price, I get a newer boat, low hrs, and cleaner boat.

2002 Donzi ZX 28
Twin Mercruiser 350MAG MPI Bravo
Captains Choice Exhaust
270 hours

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2244389&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=marinewholesalers&&ywo=marinewholesalers&

And only 3000 miles away.:bonk:

CJmike
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
You know I got a 27zx with a single. Its 500 hp. Yep, its Bill's old boat. Got no complaints in the handeling department. Super stable. Docking is faily easy once get used to the boat. Would it be easier with twins? Probable. But I wouldn't pass on 27 or 28zx becuase it had a single.

Unless you find some pristene unused boat anything from that vintage is gonna have some warts. Just how many is the question. Interior is pretty easy. If the hull and motor are sound the rest is a pretty simple fixes.

Donziweasel
08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
I have been in Tex's ZX at over 90 mph with a big single. One of the most stable boats I have ever been in. Built like a tank, will last a looooong time... :)

fasttrucker
08-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Your wrong about the 28zx.My 1998 28zx with the 600hp was the best riding boat that I ever owned.Also I ran past the stock twin engine models all day long.Now,The handling of my 2007 27 zr is a lot less in that department.I wish I would have never sold it.

Selenium
08-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes, option #3 is 3000 miles away. I'm in Seattle and boat is in Florida. Not to get ahead of myself but the plan is to use a boat broker to check out the boat completely and fly down there to see it. Shipping will cost about $3500.

What's your recommendation for this type of transaction?

glenncal1
08-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Selenium-why dont you see if you can get someone from the board to eyeball the boat for you first. You will get someone knowledgeable in Donzis who has no $$$ incentive. If they give it a thumbs up then go forward with survey etc. Shipping is going to run into some money.

Selenium
08-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Selenium-why dont you see if you can get someone from the board to eyeball the boat for you first. You will get someone knowledgeable in Donzis who has no $$$ incentive. If they give it a thumbs up then go forward with survey etc. Shipping is going to run into some money.

Thanks glenncal1...can I asked someone on this forum that's from Fort Lauderdale to checkout this 2002 Donzi 28ZX for me...that would be great. Make sure everything in the ads is what it is. If it's thumbs up then I will feel much better proceeding with a broker.

111 S. Federal Hwy
Pompano Beach, FL 33062 United States
Toll-free 877-440-6486
Tel 954-773-8358
Fax 954-534-5107

Cuda
08-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Yes, option #3 is 3000 miles away. I'm in Seattle and boat is in Florida. Not to get ahead of myself but the plan is to use a boat broker to check out the boat completely and fly down there to see it. Shipping will cost about $3500.

What's your recommendation for this type of transaction?
Lots of Donzi owners in the Sunshine State. I looked at one for a guy in Texas and I believe he still has it.

The Hedgehog
08-20-2010, 01:44 PM

Actually it will and it handles great.

The Hedgehog
08-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah? When did Donzi make a 1998 Zx with 600 horses. I must have been absent that day. How many 26+ boats have YOU owned?

A better question would be how many 28ZX's have YOU driven? Have you driven a single and twin engine ZX?

I OWN boats upwards of 60 feet. They all behave differently. I have driven performance boats from 16 to 42 feet and horsepower combos up to 2,400 hp. That being said, I am no more qualified to discuss the merits of a smaller boat that I have not driven than someone that actually owns and operates one.

Selenium
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Just for kicker...how does a Velocity 260 compares to the Donzi 28zx?

Cuda
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
A better question would be how many 28ZX's have YOU driven? Have you driven a single and twin engine ZX?

I OWN boats upwards of 60 feet. They all behave differently. I have driven performance boats from 16 to 42 feet and horsepower combos up to 2,400 hp. That being said, I am no more qualified to discuss the merits of a smaller boat that I have not driven than someone that actually owns and operates one.
To each their own. Don't care what he buys, but I've ridden in single screw boats that don't handle for chit above 25 feet long.

Cuda
08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Just for kicker...how does a Velocity 260 compares to the Donzi 28zx?
Very small cabin, even though I've never owned one I feel qualified to make that distinction.

The Hedgehog
08-21-2010, 10:38 AM
To each their own. Don't care what he buys, but I've ridden in single screw boats that don't handle for chit above 25 feet long.

So that makes you an expert? The fact that you don't know what a 28ZX single with a 500 HP will ACTUALLY run shows that you are ignorant in the subject. I have seen a number of twins below 30 feet that run horribly. Probably more than you have seen singles that don't run right.

I have owned 2 25+ foot single screw boats that run great. I have seen a 30 foot single screw Phantom that will wax most twins in big water. It is all in the set up.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 11:03 AM
So that makes you an expert? The fact that you don't know what a 28ZX single with a 500 HP will ACTUALLY run shows that you are ignorant in the subject. I have seen a number of twins below 30 feet that run horribly. Probably more than you have seen singles that don't run right.

I have owned 2 25+ foot single screw boats that run great. I have seen a 30 foot single screw Phantom that will wax most twins in big water. It is all in the set up.
You win. I don't know a damn thing and your pecker is longer than mine.

Are you happy now?

Ed Donnelly
08-21-2010, 11:04 AM
OH OH.........................Ed

Cuda
08-21-2010, 11:05 AM

If you had a party with free puzzy and beer, som dumb sumbich will ask for ice cream.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I always take my boating advice from someone who keeps a picture of John Holmes as his avatar. Wishful thinking?

Cuda
08-21-2010, 11:18 AM
OH OH.........................Ed
I fear the face of no man, and the azz of no woman. He wants to start chit with me, I assure assure you I give less than a damn.

fogducker III
08-21-2010, 11:29 AM
can you say, "Medication time...?":nilly::boggled:

fasttrucker
08-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah? When did Donzi make a 1998 Zx with 600 horses. I must have been absent that day. How many 26+ boats have YOU owned?
EZ-Cuda......this isnt my 16 donzi baby thread that you trashed.No paybacks.You know I offered to take you out on my tunnel boat with catch and all.So I dont know why you want to start fights on this board.It is a discussion board isnt it.If Iam wrong and if you ask my wife, she thinks everything I do is all of the time,I man up about it and not start a fight.Ok?.My 600+ hp single 502 mag was bilt by Tony at C.M.S. RACING not your everyday donzi.I never owned a 26zx but you said the 28zx with a single is not a good handling donzi.That the twins are better.Looks like you are wrong about that.So calm down.Take it easy or Ill report you to nancy pelosi and she will do a congess investagation thingy on you!

Donziweasel
08-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Every boat is different. I remember Vette saying his 28 ZXO wouldn't even hardly get on a plane without blowout from his twins. Handled poorly too. With tuning and propping, it got better.

Tex's ZX ran on rails at 90. Did it turn on a dime? I will say for the size and weight of that boat, it handled fine. ZX's ain't the lightest boats in the 26-28 ft class.

Tex and Bill are the only ones I know (Silverback dissapeared) that have real world experience running ZX's really fast. When running 90-100 mph, you want a damn good handling boat. I would trust what they say about ZX's with singles. I was amazed at how well Tex's boat handled at 85-90 in the slop and crossed wakes. VERY impressive.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 04:34 PM
can you say, "Medication time...?":nilly::boggled:
F off asswipe.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 04:39 PM
EZ-Cuda......this isnt my 16 donzi baby thread that you trashed.No paybacks.You know I offered to take you out on my tunnel boat with catch and all.So I dont know why you want to start fights on this board.It is a discussion board isnt it.If Iam wrong and if you ask my wife, she thinks everything I do is all of the time,I man up about it and not start a fight.Ok?.My 600+ hp single 502 mag was bilt by Tony at C.M.S. RACING not your everyday donzi.I never owned a 26zx but you said the 28zx with a single is not a good handling donzi.That the twins are better.Looks like you are wrong about that.So calm down.Take it easy or Ill report you to nancy pelosi and she will do a congess investagation thingy on you!
I've never started a fight, I only post my opinions. People are free to listen to it, or ignore it. They have no right to get on my azz without backing up their chit. I ain't skeered of a damn thing and I'm willing to back it up. I've only lost one fight in my life, and that was my first fight. I don't think any of these keyboard comandos is going to be the second one.
Start no chit with me, and there will be no chit, but don't think I'm going to tuck my tail and run, I don't give a good gdamn who it is. Either back it up, or stfu.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
So tell me, how do you know a single willl handle better than twins. I've had both, and I can tell you for a fact a single doesn't handle better no matter who built the damn engine.

Cuda
08-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Every boat is different. I remember Vette saying his 28 ZXO wouldn't even hardly get on a plane without blowout from his twins. Handled poorly too. With tuning and propping, it got better.
Tex's ZX ran on rails at 90. Did it turn on a dime? I will say for the size and weight of that boat, it handled fine. ZX's ain't the lightest boats in the 26-28 ft class.
Tex and Bill are the only ones I know (Silverback dissapeared) that have real world experience running ZX's really fast. When running 90-100 mph, you want a damn good handling boat. I would trust what they say about ZX's with singles. I was amazed at how well Tex's boat handled at 85-90 in the slop and crossed wakes. VERY impressive.
Do you really want to get me started?

Tidbart
08-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Why doesn't everyone give it a rest. This thread is about someone trying to buy a boat, not about handling of ZXs.:yes:

BUIZILLA
08-21-2010, 05:16 PM
+100

fasttrucker
08-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Why doesn't everyone give it a rest. This thread is about someone trying to buy a boat, not about handling of ZXs.:yes:
Yes,this guy is now looking at BAJA,S He must be saying to himself ......Man those donzi guys are nuts..............:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Selenium
08-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Sorry Gentlemen but going back to the orginal topic. I like to give out a big thank-you to Catch22 for stepping up and go out of his way to check out this boat for me. He's going to look at it and check out the engine (std stuff)...if it's clean (like in the ad) and engine is legit...then I will proceed in getting this boat. Thanks everyone....you guys all rock!!!

mrfixxall
08-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Wishful thinking?

Let's see, you go all over OSO telling folks that you refer to your self as M.D. the Mule Dick and you think that my porn jokes are wishful thinking? Pretty ironic.

I can assure you of one thing, I must have a pretty good buzz right now if I am even dignifying your comments with a response. Especially given your credibility as one that has been kicked off a few boating forums. Yes, I have read your rants. Most of the were pretty pathetic.

Frankly I have given you a wide berth. I have seen that you do not really have the ability to disagree with someone and be rational. You have started making my contrary comments about your poorly qualified statements personal. As a result, you are now attacking me personally. That is kind of sad.

I really feel sorry for you so I will let this go now.

WORD!!

Bill, i think you got the M.D. part all wrong,,i believe it stands for Mentally Deranged.. only at times though:)

Cuda
08-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Wishful thinking?
Let's see, you go all over OSO telling folks that you refer to your self as M.D. the Mule Dick and you think that my porn jokes are wishful thinking? Pretty ironic.
I can assure you of one thing, I must have a pretty good buzz right now if I am even dignifying your comments with a response. Especially given your credibility as one that has been kicked off a few boating forums. Yes, I have read your rants. Most of the were pretty pathetic.
Frankly I have given you a wide berth. I have seen that you do not really have the ability to disagree with someone and be rational. You have started making my contrary comments about your poorly qualified statements personal. As a result, you are now attacking me personally. That is kind of sad.
Waah. I neither want or need sympathy from some azzwipe who wants to get on my azz. I assure you I ain't hard to find, so either back up your chit, or stfu. I'm ready for either. There ain't but two bad men in the world, and I'm both of them.

Cuda
08-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Sorry Gentlemen but going back to the orginal topic. I like to give out a big thank-you to Catch22 for stepping up and go out of his way to check out this boat for me. He's going to look at it and check out the engine (std stuff)...if it's clean (like in the ad) and engine is legit...then I will proceed in getting this boat. Thanks everyone....you guys all rock!!!
I was going to suggest Catch. He's a helluva nice guy, and you don't have to twist his arm to look at a Donzi. He drives from West Palm to the Keys everyday.

Cuda
08-22-2010, 12:21 PM
WORD!!

Bill, i think you got the M.D. part all wrong,,i believe it stands for Mentally Deranged.. only at times though:)
I assure you I'm not mentally deranged.
Anybody else want to pile on me?
You can stay off my azz too. Just becauise I have my own opinions doesn't make me wrong. It's my opinion, which by definition cannot be wrong.

Cuda
08-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Wishful thinking?
Pull out your pecker and I'll show you the other end of it.
Fck with a truck and you get run over.
Get back on your boozy ways. Maybe you willl grow some liquid muscle. It takes a helluva man to get drunk.

fasttrucker
08-22-2010, 12:46 PM
I assure you I'm not mentally deranged.
Anybody else want to pile on me?
You can stay off my azz too. Just becauise I have my own opinions doesn't make me wrong. It's my opinion, which by definition cannot be wrong.
I think you should delete your posts that dont involve the subject that is being disgusted.Then ignore those that want to start trouble.Are you having fun?:bonk:

Cuda
08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
I think you should delete your posts that dont involve the subject that is being disgusted.Then ignore those that want to start trouble.Are you having fun?:bonk:
First of all it's the subject being discussed, not disgusted. Who made you the illiterate moderator anyway?

Cuda
08-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Cuda! Chill..sometimes you just have to let chit go..
That is the worse way to get me to chill...telling me to chill. Just stay off my azz and I will chill.

fasttrucker
08-22-2010, 08:19 PM
First of all it's the subject being discussed, not disgusted. Who made you the illiterate moderator anyway?
You get it......cool!

Cuda
08-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Btw Fixx, the words below your avatar haven't gone unoticed. You sure you want to keep it up?

CDMA
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Wow... how far we have fallen.

Team Jefe
08-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Gentlemen -- you ALL need to chill!!

Ed Donnelly
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
HI Chris; How are you doing??? Well I hope.................Ed

199828zx
10-12-2010, 03:07 PM
my 28zx runs very good for a single supercharged v hull.high 80s.a little bump in the ass would be nice from twins out of the hole.but i find the twins ad a lot of extra weight that is not needed for a speed boat under 30.in todays light wieght hulls if you can get away with single power,its the way to go.with a little bit of boost there are no twins under 32' that can run with me in what ever conditions.yes twins offer better stability,but it all depends on what and where you plan to go boating.

The Hedgehog
10-12-2010, 04:35 PM
my 28zx runs very good for a single supercharged v hull.high 80s.a little bump in the ass would be nice from twins out of the hole.but i find the twins ad a lot of extra weight that is not needed for a speed boat under 30.in todays light wieght hulls if you can get away with single power,its the way to go.with a little bit of boost there are no twins under 32' that can run with me in what ever conditions.yes twins offer better stability,but it all depends on what and where you plan to go boating.

Nice! What kind of power are you running?