PDA

View Full Version : Donzi v drive

jameseaves
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I noticed I was not getting any water out of the side of the boat. I have to lines coming in the back one going to the water filter, transmission, and motor, and the other line goes to the v drive and then out the side, is there a pump in the v drive?

MOP
08-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Not sure how Donzi plumbed them but most all I have worked on had the transmission and V drive in the main feed line assuring good flow to both. V drives get very hot if not cooled properly.

Phil

mrfixxall
08-17-2010, 07:12 PM
their should be a seapump on the front of the engine(towards the transom)..

once removed and if the blades are gone you will need to find out which cooler they ended up in by removing the hoses and looking at the inlet at the coolers..

jameseaves
08-17-2010, 08:38 PM
their should be a seapump on the front of the engine(towards the transom)..

once removed and if the blades are gone you will need to find out which cooler they ended up in by removing the hoses and looking at the inlet at the coolers..

the cooler on the engine is pumping good, its the one on the v drive that hose comes directly from the transom throught the v drive and out the side no where else

Bob
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
There is no pump on your crusader 4500 v drive. It is cooled from the engine water pump.

mrfixxall
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
the cooler on the engine is pumping good, its the one on the v drive that hose comes directly from the transom throught the v drive and out the side no where else

it may be gravety feed whyle you are at cruise speed,i wouls try to back flush it with a garden hose..that cooler probably cools the turbo 400 also,,make sure its working properly before the next time you take it out or you could blow the trans from no water getting to the cooler..also check your sea strainer for blockage..

Ghost
08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
My Crusader 4500s are fed by the seawater pumps on the cranks, along with the rest of the seawater side of the cooling system. FWIW, -Mike

jameseaves
08-18-2010, 06:20 AM
This is what I don't understand my v drive comes from a seperate hose, straight from the lake into the v drive and then out the side of the boat the engine and transmission are on a seperate line

LKSD
08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
It may have a force feed line that has pressurizes when you are moving fast enough which would allow it to cool while moving, but not when idling.. Jamie

gcarter
08-18-2010, 01:07 PM
It may have a force feed line that has pressurizes when you are moving fast enough which would allow it to cool while moving, but not when idling.. Jamie

That makes sense since no real heat is being generated when in neutral, or moving slow.

mrfixxall
08-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Echo!! :)

Conquistador_del_mar
08-18-2010, 01:15 PM

That makes sense since no real heat is being generated when in neutral, or moving slow.

I think quite a few are rigged that way. There was a man on the Donzi forum who restored one which had the cooling water intake on the leading edge of the strut - kind of unique, but an effective way to cool the drive. Bill