mattyboy
08-17-2010, 07:56 AM
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html

cya there

David Hartmann
08-20-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html

cya there

Is there still going to be a picnic at Speaker Heck Island?

mattyboy
08-20-2010, 11:54 AM
no the picnic will be held lakeside at the treasure cove there will be dock space for vistors so stop by by boat or car

David Hartmann
08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
no the picnic will be held lakeside at the treasure cove there will be dock space for vistors so stop by by boat or car

Ok,
I hope to have my St Tropez back in the water by then.

I am curious. Why the change? The picnic on the island was a great venue and a unique location.

mattyboy
08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Ok,
I hope to have my St Tropez back in the water by then.

I am curious. Why the change? The picnic on the island was a great venue and a unique location.

the island was a great spot but the new venue offers a few more advantages over the island
less hassle getting supplies and setting up,more options if weather becomes an issue, people can come by car now, cost,and no need to pick up and move the picnic when sunset comes, more secure docking in sheltered water plus with the ramp people can tweak their boats or borrow props with ease and grab a bite or mingle at the same time.
We have gotten alot of posutive feedback but we always strive to improve our events.

undertaker
08-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Undertaker and a certain Dr. will be arriving Wednesday 9/8 @ Treasure Cove for some pre event running....looking forward to it...see everyone there...:yes::pimp:

BobinCovington
08-31-2010, 11:09 AM
I wish I could come out there sometime, but it's a long way to trailer a boat from Washington State...you guys have a lot of great Donzi events

jl1962
08-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Bob-

You could always fly into Albany and go boatless. It's done all the time. The hardest part would be finding the time to ride in each of the boats!

-Jay

Green Eyes
09-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Undertaker, you got room for 1 more Pantera?

Undertaker and a certain Dr. will be arriving Wednesday 9/8 @ Treasure Cove for some pre event running....looking forward to it...see everyone there...:yes::pimp:

undertaker
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Norm....sure do...see ya there!!!!:)

Green Eyes
09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Norm....sure do...see ya there!!!!:)

It's a plan!

mike o
09-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Anybody want to split a room at TC. Maryshannon has school sports so she's out. Thur-Sat, or Fri-Sat.......?

Kirbyvv
09-08-2010, 11:40 AM
The weather looks great for Saturday, 75 degrees and sun. The forcast is for the wind to finally drop over the next two days. The wind was howling and the lake looked like raging white water over labor day weekend.

Kirbyvv
09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
The picnic was great, but not without a few casualties. It was great that Jay Lurie made it out in his boat Sunday after dislocating his left shoulder (left handed) falling between the boat and dock.
Thanks to Kenny L. for pulling and replacing my water pump after the bearing $%&*# the bed. big thanks to Ken. I never saw a guy his size disappear into an 18's engine compartment like that.
Had a great run with Scott Person and Mike O from our house in Heart Bay at the northern end of LG to the picnic. Saw Mike O almost put his 18 in orbit, but had a soft re-entry.
Pearson ribs were great and Dr. Dan makes a mean burger. Thanks gang. :drinkbeer:
Until next year!!!

jl1962
09-13-2010, 06:00 AM
The picnic was great, but not without a few casualties. It was great that Jay Lurie made it out in his boat Sunday after dislocating his left shoulder (left handed) falling between the boat and dock.

Hey for the record - I made it out on the boat Saturday AM only hours after getting out of the ER and also Friday afternoon with my shoulder dislocated:bonk::bonk::bonk: -I thought it was just a bad stinger! Trust me - when factoring in a Donzi ride on Lake George, a dislocated shoulder is just a mild inconvenience!

Actually it was quite painful and the ER scene must've looked like a cross between a toga party and noodling for catfish as two large guys had a sheet around my abdomen and pulled one way while another guy had a sheet around my elbow and pulled the other! Special thanks again to Bob H, Kirby (and Martha) for all the help. Scott P has a good picture of me holding my X-ray (not for the squeamish).........

Can't wait till the Dust-Off!

JL

penbroke
09-13-2010, 08:49 PM
On the spot repairs and trips to the ER. Sounds like I missed a good time! Gotta love it...

Frank
Sorry to hear of your mis-step Jay...

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
09-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Sorry I bailed out early on you guys. We took a ride to downtown to see the car show, but of course the docks were full with six or seven boats hovering, waiting for a spot. We took a ride and got pounded by the famous Lake George chop (I guess the 18' V-drive needs trim plates if I'm gonna ride around with a full back seat). We were so beat up from the pounding, we elected to head for the ramp.

Thanks for the hospitality. It was great to see you guys, albeit briefly. What a great job Scott did on that Hornet!

Looking forward to the Dustoff,
Eric