PDA

View Full Version : coiunter rotating question

Need for Speed 2
08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Guys is there any benefit to wich way the rotation of the props run. turning out or in. I had read somewhere that turning in will pick up a little more speed but will also be ill handling. Can you guys shed some light on this Thanks

mrfixxall
08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
alot of it depends on hull design,standard v ,v with a pad,v with a notched transom, v with a stepped hull..3,4,5, blades? yes turning in will make it a tad faster but with the rite prop it could handle just as well as turning them out.

Need for Speed 2
08-16-2010, 09:46 AM
I guess I should have given more info. The boat is a 28 zx with stepped hull it has twin 300 mpi s, the boat shows 70mph on the odometer is this a good number ? I read alot of the scorpion boats run into 80s with just 40 more hps,

The Hedgehog
08-16-2010, 11:04 AM
I guess I should have given more info. The boat is a 28 zx with stepped hull it has twin 300 mpi s, the boat shows 70mph on the odometer is this a good number ? I read alot of the scorpion boats run into 80s with just 40 more hps,

Most of them crack 80 and that is with some seat time. The experienced guys seem to hit 83 or maybe a little more on the perfect day.

Realistically, the scorps are probably banging out a little more hp per side than that.

Cuda
08-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Scops give 77 hp more a side. I turned them in on my Formula, it may have been faster but you'd have to have a brass set to find out. It was an ill handling vessel with the props turned in.

The Hedgehog
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Scops give 77 hp more a side. I turned them in on my Formula, it may have been faster but you'd have to have a brass set to find out. It was an ill handling vessel with the props turned in.

I think that the scorp ZX hops at 80 too. Trueuser moved his tabs and is very pleased. He knows the real deal so I will not speak for him.

About 150 more hp, some dialing in and experience. I can see 10+ mph out of that.