PDA

View Full Version : 1972 18 Classic "unfinished project"

2donzi2
08-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Truly do not have time to complete this project. 1972 18 2+3 left hand drive. Original orange hull/white deck. Boat had been painted. All paint was removed down to original gel. All stress cracks on deck were repaired with glass and gel. NO FILLERS. Deck was completely re gelled in white. Inside cockpit under seat bases were opened and one 1/4" 14x14 aluminum plate was installed to secure seat bases down. Hull is completely solid. Boat stored inside most of its life. Deck was separated from hull to prep hull for paint. Hull has had any minor nicks repaired, sprayed with nason high build epoxy primer, blocked and sanded and ready for color. Was going to shoot in original orange imron. While deck was separated, a new aluminum tank was fabricated and foamed in with new sender. All fiberglass work has been done by a 20 year veteran who works for Sea Ray and worked for Luhrs. No expense has been spared thus far prepping this hull. All original chrome on brass deck hardware has been re plated and is ready to install. If you haven't had anything chromed lately, you'd be surprised at what it costs. Have original instrument cluster and wiring harness which is still in tact as well as a new set of S/W instruments. Morse steering and controls are all good as well as the cables. Motor is a 400cid sbc which was built by Fast Trac Machine Shop in Daytona Beach. Motor is estimated around 330hp. Also have the original aluminum finned valve covers for engine which have not been installed. Outdrive is a volvo 280 and was in good working order when removed. Needs light sand and sprayed in Volvo white urethane. No corrosion. Have all the misc parts to put it together including original chris craft marine manifolds. I planned on using a set of SM on it but the cast iron ones are good. Have two new roto cast bucket shells for the front seats which need to be covered and rear seat cushion made. Trailer is an aluminum magic trail which could use an axel and fenders. If you have ever done a project like this, you know the costs involved. This boat just needs color on the hull and start bolting everything back on. All the nasty, messy stuff has been done. Have lots of pictures during the restoration. If interested or have questions, PM me and I can send them. There are plenty of 2500-3500 projects out there with lots of unknowns. This boat will be completely fresh with the little it needs to be complete. Haven't touched the boat in a year. Way more in it than i'm asking. $6500.00
Can see other pictures in the thread "My 72 Project"
Will sell hull less power if interested, but would prefer to sell all as one.

Boat is located in Central Florida

Nmbr1GMfan
08-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Saw this on craigslist, looks like a nice project.

thatgirl
08-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Hi my name is tony and i would like to speak to you about your donzi project boat please e. Mail with a contact #atonyg200@aol.com thank you tony g

Nmbr1GMfan
08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/1894703635.html
Tony, here is the CL ad. You can contact him thru that too.

2donzi2
08-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi my name is tony and i would like to speak to you about your donzi project boat please e. Mail with a contact #atonyg200@aol.com thank you tony g

Tony, tried to email you twice but keeps coming back failure to deliver. PM me your phone # or another email address. Thanks, mike