PDA

View Full Version : Had the 16 out to Lake Chelan this week

BobinCovington
08-12-2010, 12:41 AM
My wife and I took our 16 ski sporter to Lake Chelan this week for 3 days of just "getting away". We had a great time running the boat up the lake with some nice weather. I installed some Smart tabs before the trip and they made an amazing difference! No more bow rise coming out of the hole and it totally smoothed out the chop.
I also tried some different fuel which really helped, used the Trick racing 101 Octane mixed 50/50 with some standard 92 octane premium and a little red line lead substitute. Idled a lot better and even better at WOT.
So this morning before we left, we looked out and the water was so smooth... we checked out of the hotel, parked the car and ran the boat out again (just one more time).

Another really great day and then unfortunately we had to get back to reality and the drive home.
On the way over (from Seattle to Lake Chelan), we passed another Donzi ski sporter coming the other way. There was so much traffic and nowhere to pull over so I didn't get to see it closer. Hopefully someone on Donzi.net

CaribouLou
08-14-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm headed there next weekend Bob.....hows the boat running?

BobinCovington
08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Ran awesome...those trim tabs really helped and we ran it up to about 50mph according to the GPS. We need to get out on lake washington with our boats soon.

Sweet Cheekz
08-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Congrats where is this lake It looks very nice?
Parnell

BobinCovington
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
it's in Eastern Washington, north of the apple growing town of Wenatchee and it is the headwaters of the Columbia River. Nice long Lake, Hot weather, neat little towns and a poker run every summer...great time.