PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Boat Show (Shilshole Marinia)

Mckillop
08-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Well to make a long story short, I have decided to take the biggest risk of my life and pursue a goal of mine to make a career in the marine industry. I have taken a job with Granite Boatworks, Inc. in the newly remodeled Lake Union SeaRay building. Granite Boatworks is new to Lake Union and was originally opened in 2005 at the Mount Vernon location. We are the only dealer of Bryant and Hydra-Sport boats west of the Mississippi. I am still learning as much as I can about the boats, but I have been extremely impressed with both the boats as well as the philosophy of the owner.
Anyways, the Seattle Boat show is this weekend at Shilshole Marina and will be my first days of work. So if any of you guys will be down there please come and introduce yourself. I would very much like to meet some of you guys if you have time. My name is Conor, and I will be down on the docks in the Granite Boatworks section all weekend. So come down and help me look good.lol
Here is the link to the Granite Boatworks web cite if anyone is interested.
http://www.graniteboatworks.com/ (http://www.graniteboatworks.com/)

Like I said, I would love to meet some of you if anyone is at the show.

zelatore
08-09-2010, 10:59 PM
You're a brave man, getting into the industry now!

Although from what I've seen, Washington is doing better than California. We're pretty much at the bottom of the rankings these days, at least for larger power boats. :boggled:

Mckillop
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, it is quite a risk. But I feel like at some point I need to take a risk to pursue a dream and hope that it will pay off. I at least need to give it a shot so I don't regret it later down the road.

Nmbr1GMfan
08-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Im in the boating industry, sort of buried deep in it lol. I work for some large boat manufacturers and am self employed. I see some companies doing very well and others not so good. Never let fear get in the way of goals, good luck with your new job.

CaribouLou
08-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I'll come down and say hello.